Paint.NET v3.10 Preview

Cross-posted from the Paint.NET blog, http://blog.getpaint.net

I’ve been working slowly* on what I’m currently calling version 3.20, but in the meantime I decided to put out a small feature-based release. It will be called Paint.NET v3.10, and will include a few new effects, support for a new file type, and of course a few bug fixes. This is the first time that a Paint.NET update will be incorporating code from the community, and I’ve got high hopes for this release. Here’s what’s planned so far:

Here are the original images for the modified ones that are shown below:

071507-0002-paintnetv3111.png071507-0002-paintnetv3121.png

071507-0002-paintnetv3131.pngSoften Portrait – This is based on the “Portraitâ€

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

wasnt the cloud effect made by the community?

good job and keep goin for 4.0

PdN FTW!

Actually, the could effect that Tom Jackson wrote is totally different than the one by Sepcot.

These effects, on the other hand, are direct ports of the ones written by me.

btw who the heck is megan fox?

Haven't you seen Transformers!?

Also do we need to remove the plugins from the effects folder or will the update take care of that for us?

Unless you remove the old effects, you'll have them 2x in the Effects menu. For DDS, it will just overwrite what you have in your FileTypes directory so you'll only have 1 copy of it.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

No beta screenshots of the Soften Portrait UI, by any chance?

I try to use portrait a lot (good job BoltBait), but in many cases it's a little extreme, and I end up doing it to my liking manually.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

No beta screenshots of the Soften Portrait UI, by any chance?

I try to use portrait a lot (good job BoltBait), but in many cases it's a little extreme, and I end up doing it to my liking manually.

The only difference between the DLL's you already have and this release is going to be the icons (and 'Portrait' will become 'Soften Portrait').

(As far as I know.)

This looks pretty cool. I read about it on your blog earlier today. What really sounds cool is the performance increase in the effects, mostly gaussian blur because I use that a ton. Also, including the portrait plugin into the program will change how a ton of people view this as an something you can use for image editing.

I'm still alive!

Yes I did, I thought that was her from the pictures you linked to on your blog. She is nice indeed.

btw who the heck is megan fox?

Haven't you seen Transformers!?

Also do we need to remove the plugins from the effects folder or will the update take care of that for us?

Unless you remove the old effects, you'll have them 2x in the Effects menu. For DDS, it will just overwrite what you have in your FileTypes directory so you'll only have 1 copy of it.

I'm a little confused...I was under the impression that you couldn't include any plugins into Paint.NET that hadn't been written exclusively by you, Rick, or any of the Microsoft crew. So how is BoltBait's stuff going to get around that?

I'm not complaining...(far from it)...just wondering if there's a plan to incorporate other vital plugins into the actual releases of Paint.NET (aka Curves+, Feather, alpha mask...etc.) :D

That would be wicked awesome...and help satiate the people who look at Paint.NET from the "out of the box" perspective. 8)

I'm a little confused...I was under the impression that you couldn't include any plugins into Paint.NET that hadn't been written exclusively by you, Rick, or any of the Microsoft crew. So how is BoltBait's stuff going to get around that?

Paint.NET is not a Microsoft project. Rick owns it so he can decide what goes in and what stays out.

I'm not Rick, but I can guess why he's had this policy... If you develop software yourself you *know* that it is not plagerized.

Because I asked him for the code. It wasn't an unsolicited patch, which is something we most certainly cannot, will not, and have not ever accepted.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Because I asked him for the code. It wasn't an unsolicited patch, which is something we most certainly cannot, will not, and have not ever accepted.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I'll stop spamming you then with my plugins. :P

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I'll stop spamming you then with my plugins. :P

Terrible spam that they are. :wink:

Whatever happened to PDN 3.09?

Whatever happened to PDN 3.09?

Or, for that matter, 3.02, 3.03, 3.04, and 3.06?

Or, for that matter, Curves+ 2.2 & 2.3?

:wink:

Sorry... Couldn't resist. I'll shut up now.

Gah! I'm entirely too excited to get my hands on 3.10! *drool drool*

Oh wait, I said I'd shut up, didn't I?

Sorry again.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS VERSION?

Height: Several KLOC.

Weight: How much do electrons weigh?

Answers to "Awesome."

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.