Woops...Color Problem (how to remove certain colors)

Eright, here's the dilemma. I'm trying to crop this little girl out of her background.

Emmy.jpg

Is there any way to get all of the green out of the indivdual strands of hair without having to go through and delete it all. Also, I tried boltbait's primary stripper plug-in, but it doesn't work for what I need, it just makes the whole image semi-transparent (great plug though). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.

- George Bernard Shaw

Ugh. Hair. The worst thing ever when it comes to masking and cutouts.

In my Alpha Masking tutorial, I touch on hair, and a good, effective way to mask it out, but that kid has some crazy hair goin' on, with massively varying density and myriad directionality.

I honestly don't see an "easy" way of doing this, not even if one were to use PhotoShop...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Use http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1102

Change only green color range into all black.

Shift key+Magic wand to select all black color.

Hit delete key.

That should get rid of most of em green, the rest, use Eraser Tool.

Hope this helps.

Closest I could get to anything passable, I finally ended up turning the whole thing B&W after using the above method. Thanks!!!

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.

- George Bernard Shaw