Sign in to follow this  
pyrochild

Outline Object

I have found a good way of doing it that allows for multiple sized outlines and different colors that is halfway based on your way. Thanks again though, and I think you are a genius* :wink:

*part of my way to suck up to BoltBait for helping me out, whether he is a genius or not is for you to decide

I'm glad you found a workaround, because here's what things would look like if I added your suggestion to ignore partially transparent pixels:

Not appealing in the slightest.

Yes, that exactly in a sense. I am guessing you cut out the portion of the image you were working on and applie the shading? I am not sure. Either way we have found a form of workaround.

Yes, that exactly in a sense. I am guessing you cut out the portion of the image you were working on and applie the shading? I am not sure. Either way we have found a form of workaround.

I used Outline Object, as this thread is for the said plugin.

I'm not sure if this can be done with a plugin IIRC plugin can't make selections?? but I hope you can come up with something :D

:MagicWandTool: Select outside of object @ tolerance 10%

Run Outline object.

While keeping the selection. Ctrl+X.

Add new layer. Ctrl+V

Blur a little.

Done.

I'm not sure if this can be done with a plugin IIRC plugin can't make selections?? but I hope you can come up with something :D

:MagicWandTool: Select outside of object @ tolerance 10%

Run Outline object.

While keeping the selection. Ctrl+X.

Add new layer. Ctrl+V

Blur a little.

Done.

*sigh* I was hoping you'd having something more automatable... Oh well, I still have some of my own ideas.

WOW! Thanks, that really worked very well. Now why didnt I think of that?

Your're welcome :)

Uhh...Maybe because I am the "king"? :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :wink:

I actually dislike this whole typing stuff.
Well it defaults to your primary color, so if you set that first, you don't have to type anything...
Then was there any point in adding the typing stuff in?
Would you rather have to close the plugin, tweak the color, go back into the effects menu and run the plugin again, on those occasions when you don't know exactly what color you want to use?

Will >>this blog post<< have any positive influence on Outline Object in the future?

An actual GUI is far better than typing. Even though the solution I worked up for Outline Object might have that "novelty cool" feel, in the end a GUI is just easier to use.

Pyro, can you add an option to keep or remove the original data (like Vandermotten's drop shadow)?

Also, as the new Color Wheel UI feature is out, why not incoporate that in, after the final version of 3.30 is released?

Pyro, can you add an option to keep or remove the original data (like Vandermotten's drop shadow)?

Why not. :mtdew:

Also, as the new Color Wheel UI feature is out, why not incoporate that in, after the final version of 3.30 is released?

... :roll:

Honestly.

The next time I hear that, I'm chucking something out the window. Whatever happens to be in my hand at the time.