How to Install Plugins ×

Outline Object

I am hurt, Pyro, that you have removed the text box! That was one of the most intuitive color choosers available. Perhaps a dual implementation in the future?

Meh, I was too lazy to type something into a text box, I like the color wheel better, but I have to admit it was handy to write hex codes in...

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Outline Object.dll
     Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.outlineobject.OutlineObject
     Full error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Alpha value must be 255 for this to work
  at PaintDotNet.ColorBgra.ToOpaqueInt32(ColorBgra color)
  at pyrochild.effects.outlineobject.OutlineObject.OnCreatePropertyCollection()
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffect.CreateConfigDialog()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Hm. I'm gonna talk to Rick about that one, as I think that's definitely not something that should cause an exception...

(It was caused by you choosing a partially transparent color in Paint.NET before opening the plugin)

It would be quite easy to write a workaround for it, except that I ... kind of... got my laptop confiscated, and haven't been backing up my source as often as I should. :oops:

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Hm. I'm gonna talk to Rick about that one, as I think that's definitely not something that should cause an exception...

(It was caused by you choosing a partially transparent color in Paint.NET before opening the plugin)

It would be quite easy to write a workaround for it, except that I ... kind of... got my laptop confiscated, and haven't been backing up my source as often as I should. :oops:

Sorry, seems to be happening after I used drop shadow with blur setting=1, I hope you can get your laptop back soon!!

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Full error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Alpha value must be 255 for this to work
  at PaintDotNet.ColorBgra.ToOpaqueInt32(ColorBgra color)

Yup, same problem. I know how to get around it but I am just pointing things out for ya.

signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is an awesome effect, Ive been using a lot for beter outline glow effects. But I dld the big package that u linked to, and now when I click on Outline Object in the effects menu, an error window pops up telling me that it crashed and wants to close PDN. I get this message

(Im not an admin on my computer and I had to make a copy of pdn in my documents to add effects)

File: C:\Documents and Settings\******\My Documents\****** Stuff\Paint.NET\Effects\Outline Object.dll

Full error message: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 PaintDotNet.ColorBgra.ToOpaqueInt32(PaintDotNet.ColorBgra)'.

Do u know whats going on? IM using a different version that I dont remember where i got it. The rest of the plugins in the pack work.

Hey pyro. Just a random thank you for this plugin. I use it a lot, and really appreciate all the time you put into your stuff. :D
Random indeed. Unless, that is, you've been talking to Ash or Mike Ryan. :P

xZYt6wl.png

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestions:

1) Adjust the 'Width' inputs to only allow 1 thru 10. Anything above 10 is really overkill and will most likely never be used.

not really I use it all the time when creating a sticker effect or when I have a larger picture. I like how it goes to 100 I've used 100 many times before lol

like for this

sticker.png

recabillysigpngzm9.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this plugin meant to function with Paint.NET v3.22? When I try to use it, I get these error details:

Full error message: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 PaintDotNet.ColorBgra.ToOpaqueInt32(PaintDotNet.ColorBgra)'.

I am using Windows XP and I am running on 512mb RAM. I will try restarting my computer to see if that will help...

Edit: I restarted my computer. That didn't help.

Here's the details of the automatically generated file that popped up when Paint.NET crashed (after attempting to use this plugin):

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.

Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.22 (Final Release build 3.22.2933.24445)

Time of crash: 9/15/2008 2:23:27 AM

Application uptime: 00:29:11.6406250

OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86

.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.42 x86

Processor: 1x "Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz" @ ~3192MHz (DEP, SSE, SSE2)

Physical memory: 510 MB

Tablet PC: no

Updates: false, err

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Loaded assemblies:

mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll

PaintDotNet, Version=3.22.2933.24445, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe

System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.22.2933.24442, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Core.dll

PaintDotNet.Base, Version=3.22.2933.24440, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Base.dll

PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.22.2933.24441, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll

PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=3.22.2933.24441, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Resources.dll

PaintDotNet.Data, Version=3.22.2933.24442, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Data.dll

PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.22.2933.24443, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Effects.dll

"Borders N' Shapes", Version=1.7.3106.38770, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Borders N' Shapes.dll

Color Match, Version=1.0.3106.38961, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Color Match.dll

CurtisBlack.Common, Version=1.0.3142.30104, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Common.dll

CurtisBlack.Effects, Version=11.0.3142.30301, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Effects.dll

CurtisBlack.Resources, Version=1.0.3142.30103, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Resources.dll

Curves+, Version=2.6.3106.38962, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Curves+.dll

EdHarvey.Edfects.Common, Version=3.36.3160.38013, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\EdHarvey.Edfects.Common.dll

EdHarvey.Effects, Version=3.36.3160.38013, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\EdHarvey.Effects.dll

Film, Version=2.0.3106.38770, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Film.dll

Gradient Bars, Version=3.0.3106.38771, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Gradient Bars.dll

Gradient Mapping, Version=2.2.3106.38961, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Gradient Mapping.dll

Jitter, Version=3.0.3106.38769, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Jitter.dll

Outline Object, Version=2.4.3106.38767, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Outline Object.dll

Pixelate+, Version=1.0.3106.38767, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Pixelate+.dll

pyrochild.effects.common, Version=2.0.3106.38959, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\pyrochild.effects.common.dll

Random Effect, Version=1.0.3106.38960, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Random Effect.dll

Random Shape Fill, Version=1.0.3106.41337, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Random Shape Fill.dll

ScriptLab, Version=2.2.3106.38960, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ScriptLab.dll

Smudge, Version=1.0.3106.41825, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Smudge.dll

Splatter, Version=1.5.3106.38962, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Splatter.dll

Stitch, Version=1.0.3106.38769, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Stitch.dll

System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Design\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Design.dll

DdsFileType, Version=1.11.2933.24444, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes\DdsFileType.dll

System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

Exception details:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PaintDotNet.Tools.TextTool.OnActivate()

at PaintDotNet.Tool.Activate()

at PaintDotNet.DocumentWorkspace.SetTool(Tool copyMe)

at PaintDotNet.DocumentWorkspace.SetToolFromType(Type toolType)

at PaintDotNet.DocumentWorkspace.PopNullTool()

at PaintDotNet.PushNullToolMode.Dispose()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.EffectMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at PaintDotNet.PdnMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You definitely need to be using the latest version of Paint.NET. The crash report you posted was definitely caused by Outline Object, but the crash log (pdncrash.log) is not related to my code at all. It was probably either already there from an earlier crash, or a lucky coincidence ;)

xZYt6wl.png

• 1 month later...
I'm unable to download this plugin. I can download other plugins, so the server is up and running. When I click the plugin link, I am redirected to another message within the Outline Object topic.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Pyrochild has put all his plugins in one download, and redirect to that. You just download them all, and you get Outline AND many other nice plugins. Just install them all. You won’t regret it.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

""""""""

Hey guys!

First of all, Pyro, thanks for letting us use and have this great add for Paint.NET, I love the paint.net and I love the adds and stuff u can get for it and it's so simple, but pro.

I've got a problem...

When I draw the line (or anything else, like text etc.) and use outline I get really weird lines surrounding the main line that's being outlined or if I use text... and since the picture can spoke for 1000 words, here it is:

"""""""""

When I decided to create a sample of that weirdness, I got it out, and when I used the red outline, everything was perfectly fine... LOL, I know, I sound crazy, but if anyone will have the problem, people, just try it for 50 times and if it won't work... then write... here is the pic.:

funny-thingsthumb.png

I solved my problem but still I don't know what was wrong... :roll::roll::roll: