Is there a way to make moving water effects?

priapic

Hi everyone. I'm new here and dont speak computer so if anyone answers can you dumb it down for me? :oops:

Is there a way to make a moving water effect on a pic? I already know about the water effect but I really want to make it move like real water.Anyhelp would be great and if I missed it somewhere and it was already asked Im sorry, but I really did look 1st.Thanks for your time :)

Well, Paint.NET isn't an animated GIF editor, so it can't actually make anything move. The best idea I can come up with is to apply the water plugin to a picture, save it, then hit undo, reapply it (with different random seed) and save that one as a seperate frame. Then use unFREEz to make it move.

That's the best I can come up with, but I'll let it percolate in my brain for a while. If I can come up with anything else, I'll add it in here again.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

ok well I really meant it when I said I dont really know all the lingo....whats a random seed? If you are totally bored with me by now I understand, but I think I got the rest of what you were saying so if you wanted to clear this one thing up for me that would be great.

Not bored at all. That's what this particular forum is here for :-)

I used the wrong term, actually; you'll have to change the "Scale" slider in the Distort > Water plugin (It's available in the Plugins forum).

By the way, unFREEz is another free program you can probably find with Google.

Did this help?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

:) Yes this has helped a lot.And let me just say that what some of you guys do are amazing !And Im sure I will never get to do the things that you all do ...you guys are crazy with it.Im going to try to get this all workin for me~wish me luck~ Thanks for all the help! :)