My Problem On Downloading Paint.Net (V3.08)

Carmen23410

Hello! It's my first time on this forum, and I'm not sure if I have posted in the right column, if not, Mods please move it to the correct one.

I have downloaded the older version of Paint.Net before, and it worked completely fine, but I wanted to download the newer version, so I uninstalled the old one. Then I went to the website and followed the instructions (Click download new version, clicked on of the four buttons below, and downloaded) I tried all four of them and it didnt work. I took 3 screenshots of what was happenning, and I couldn't use PSP7 to resize it.. so sorry!

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u146 ... rent=3.png

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u146 ... rent=2.png

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u146 ... rent=1.png

If you know how to solve the problem, please do! If you don't, I'll just..o_O I'm not sure.. Paint.Net is the best one I've used and have.. I'd say better then PSP7.. >.>;; Paint.Net is more easier to handle.. so.. :oops:

Browse to C: > Program Files > Paint.NET and say me what's in this folder.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Browse to C: > Program Files > Paint.NET and say me what's in this folder.

Inside the Paint.NET folder, there's another folder called "Staging". Inside that folder, there's a "PaintDotNET_6436 windows installer"

The third screenshot makes me think that Windows Installer needs to be re-installed.

O_O But I downloaded other programs just after the Paint.Net, and if had worked.. I downloaded GIMP, and PSP7. ><

I'm not sure because I'm not this kind of tech person, but you may want to reinstall the windows installer. Again, don't quote me on it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

I'm not sure because I'm not this kind of tech person, but you may want to reinstall the windows installer. Again, don't quote me on it.

How do you install that? (Sorry, Im just a kid.. not that great with technology.. expecially when my dad downloaded the chinese version.. which I cant read chinese very well yet. -.-)

Are you sure it's uninstalled?

Please verify this in Add / Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Are you sure it's uninstalled?

Please verify this in Add / Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

It's completely uninstallled.. I was wondering if I could ownload back the last version of Paint.Net.. cause I can't do any editing without it. >.> Or is there another programs that's free and virus-less close to Paint.net?

Or is there another programs that's free and virus-less close to Paint.net?

No, plus, you don't ask these things here. There are hardly any apps that are as user friendly as PDN, and believe me, have searching a lot ;)

Alternatives that do not match PDN completely, but arent as user friendly*, are the GIMP, and a PS CS3 crack. But no warez talk here. <_<

*This is in my opinion

Artweaver has a pretty good interface too...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Try repairing the .NET Framework.

Try repairing the .NET Framework.

Okay, thanks a lot.

Crazy Man Dan : <33 Thanks for suggesting, if Bob's suggestion doesnt work, I shall download that. =]

Sorry, Im just a kid..

Makes me think of the Legend of Zelda. "To save, press Start. Don't ask me what that means, I'm just a kid!"

I am amused. :D

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Sorry, Im just a kid..

Makes me think of the Legend of Zelda. "To save, press Start. Don't ask me what that means, I'm just a kid!"

I am amused. :D

LOL. xD Amused by?

ANyways, I downloaded the Frame 2.0 thingy.. which one should I install? The first option or second? :roll:

I think they would do the same thing. Anyways, i was having the same problem you were having, and heres how I fixed it.

Go here and download it (the download link is right before that gray box of text.) Install and run that, and select paint.net on the list. Make sure that you ONLY have paint.net selected though. Click remove, and when it is removed, try to install paint.net again.

I'm still alive!

I think they would do the same thing. Anyways, i was having the same problem you were having, and heres how I fixed it.

Go here and download it (the download link is right before that gray box of text.) Install and run that, and select paint.net on the list. Make sure that you ONLY have paint.net selected though. Click remove, and when it is removed, try to install paint.net again.

OMG!! You know what? It worked! I loooooveee you! -hugs and smooches, then does a crazy dance- Now I can customize anything I want!

-Runs off to tutorial page and does all the great stuff- <33