acquire

ncmike1

ncmike1, Not all cameras or scanners will work. They must have support for WIA (Windows Image Acquisition), and you must be running Windows XP SP1 or Windows Server 2003.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Rick,

Are you saying that if I have XP SP2 that I can't use acquire? If so, will you be developing a Paint version that CAN be used with SP2? That's what a lot of people are using these days, so it would be beneficial to have that feature available.

Thanks for your help.

ncmike1

• 2 years later...

Please help a truly inept newbie figure out how to simply aquire a photo into Paint that is already on my computer. I don't always save them on my camera CF card nor do I print them all out to be scanned.

I feel like I've searched this site forever and cannot find even such basic information to help me get started.

I've used the "search" option. I've tried the interactive guide - that doesn't seem to do anything. I've looked through page after page of the tutorial section as well as the general discussion & question section.... There doesn't seem to be a simple launching pad for a new user to get started.

I am using Windows Vista and just downloaded this program today, so assume I have the most recent version of Paint.net.

Thank you for any constructive assistance you can give me. Many of you have obviously been here a while...take it easy on someone who's just starting out. :)

I'm sorry, but I have to lock this per the "necroposting" rule. No threads over 3 months old may be revived.

But in answer to your question, you just open a picture already on your hard drive using "File>Open" - just as if you were opening a document in Microsoft Word, Excel, or Powerpoint. :-) Sounds like you're trying to make it a bit harder on yourself than it truly is.

If you have any further questions about this, please read the rules thoroughly ( viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3446 ) and open a new thread. Thank you!

Thread Locked

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.