Is it possible to resize from the center point?

Hello,

I'm new to PDN and have to say it's brilliant! :D

I've searched the forums, but haven't been able to find an answer (or even anyone who asked this question). Is there a way to resize from the center point of an object such that all four nubs resize in/out together? (In Photoshop this is accomplished by holding down the Alt key during a transform.) I'm just wondering if I've missed something in PDN.

Thanks,

Jeanie

I'm new to PDN and have to say it's brilliant! :D

Welcome :D We think so, too.

I've searched the forums, but haven't been able to find an answer (or even anyone who asked this question). Is there a way to resize from the center point of an object such that all four nubs resize in/out together? (In Photoshop this is accomplished by holding down the Alt key during a transform.) I'm just wondering if I've missed something in PDN.

If you go into Layers > Rotate/Zoom... ( :RotateZoom: ) or just hit Ctrl+Shift+Z, you'll see a slider on the far right that zooms in and out. This should accomplish what you want it to.

Hope this helps!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Actually I only want to resize a selection. Not the image itself.

Specifically, I have a square image with a "hole" in the center. I use the magic wand to select the center hole (which is pure white) and want to delete that portion to make it transparent. But if I delete the selection as is, I still have a white "fringe" around the edge of the hole. So I want to increase the size of the selection slightly before deleting to get rid of the fringing. (I don't want to increase the tolerance of the magic wand because that starts to select parts of the image itself. I only want the white center hole selected - including the fringe.)

Let me know if a screenshot would help.

Jeanie

The Resize/Zoom Tool resizes a single layer.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

OK, I think I can figure out how to do what I want with the Resize/Zoom tool. My thought is to select the center "hole" with the magic wand, then fill that selection on a new layer. Use Resize/Zoom to resize that layer, then use the magic wand to select it, make the original image layer active and delete the hole. (Then delete the temporary layer.)

Thanks for the suggestion! :D

Jeanie