Flashing/Moving text?

I'm fairly new to graphics and such, and I lurk around this website for plugins and tuts, and I can't found out how to make flashing text like the one in my friends signature.

Like this:

New-Sig.gif

Link me to a tut or tell me here please?

Thanks in advance.

ghcBradyssig.jpg

I know how to do that, but I mean like a "flashing fading effect. Like in my friends sig(Which I posted up there^), I wanna know how to do that. I know how to adjust Opacity since when I first wanted to do what I'm trying to do I messed around with colors for half an hour.

ghcBradyssig.jpg

They told you how to do it. You need to make frames. AKA images to put together to make a effect. So 1 image would have the words and the next image would have the words faded a bit and so on. There is no plugin that I know of for any image editing program that will make flashing text for a still image type with out using frames (A mass of images put together).

They told you how to do it.

Indeed I think we have covered all the requirements so far, but perhaps this concept still requires some elaboration.

As I mentioned, your friend’s image is an animated GIF. An animated GIF file is a special type of GIF file which essentially contains a series of regular GIF images (still images). When it is viewed, the images are played one after the other to give an animation effect. Each of those still images are called “framesâ€