? on making links

Venom

I was wondering when i use the text tool and i type a url how can i make that a link?

If you mean can you do that with Paint.NET, the answer is "you can't".

If you mean "How do I make a portion of my picture link to a URL when I put it on a web page", you're asking about image maps. Basically, you define either a rectangular, elliptical, or polygonal (basically free-form) area of the image that will link to a specific URL. Check out that second link (on the word "maps" above)...it lists a few programs that will help you make the maps correctly.

If you mean "How do I make my image link to a URL", you're just talking about placing an image inside an anchor tag (like this):

A description of the image

None of which is really Paint.NET-related...but hopefully helpful.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

thankz anyway. I know you cant do it from the start but I was just making sure and paint should have that

It's not really a shortfall with Paint.NET (which I'm sure you meant, but left out :D ), as much as it's just something you can't do with any image format. At least, not one I can think of. Sorry.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

thankz anyway. I know you cant do it from the start but I was just making sure and paint should have that

It's not really a shortfall with Paint.NET (which I'm sure you meant, but left out :D ), as much as it's just something you can't do with any image format. At least, not one I can think of. Sorry.

You can with scalable vector graphics (SVG) :D, but no raster graphics format directly allows links.

I didn't know SVG had that ability...although I should've guessed, since PDF can and it's basically just AI with a different extension...

Okay, somewhat of a leap between SVG and AI. Hush. :-P

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.