Save with period in name

When you save as, and use a period in the file name, the filename is saved as whatever you typed. If the file type is PDN, it should append .pdn to the filename. So what it should have is an all files option like notepad, and when that is selected, it does not append to the filename.

When you save as, and use a period in the file name, the filename is saved as whatever you typed. If the file type is PDN, it should append .pdn to the filename. So what it should have is an all files option like notepad, and when that is selected, it does not append to the filename.

Are you having trouble saving your .pdn's to different file types?

No, I want it as pdn, I just put a period in the filename. It should still save it as pdn is what I am saying.

Are you having trouble saving your .pdn's to different file types?

Yes, that's because the PDN assumes the period as the break between the file name and it's extension. For example:

hellomynameis.myrddin

PDN will assume that myrddin if the file extension because it is after the period - the break between the two parts, this is common with most applications. My advice is don't put periods into your filename, try instead a hyphen or I think commas work but I'm not too sure on that, but definitely hyphens do the trick.

To be honest, I don't think an 'All Files' extension in the drop down is necessary, but whatever floats your boat :P.

yes I am sure if I also type filename.moc.pdn it will work fine. I am just used to apps doing it filename.moc when the type is specified, the extension is appended. its not a big deal.

Yes, that's because the PDN assumes the period as the break between the file name and it's extension. For example:

hellomynameis.myrddin

PDN will assume that myrddin if the file extension because it is after the period - the break between the two parts, this is common with most applications. My advice is don't put periods into your filename, try instead a hyphen or I think commas work but I'm not too sure on that, but definitely hyphens do the trick.

To be honest, I don't think an 'All Files' extension in the drop down is necessary, but whatever floats your boat :P.