32-Bit TGA files and Java?

Sentack

I seem to have a wierd problem and I'm not sure what's the cause exactly. What I did was edit a TGA file using Paint.NET and then tried to load it into a program that intended to mimic an online game user interface to help test custom UI packages (For those who care to know, The game is Dark Age of Camelot and the UI editor is known as the DAOC User Interface Editor v 1.79)

The Editor was built in Java. When the editor tries to load the TGA files, java throws an error.

Reason: java.io.IOException: Invalid file format.

Now, a TGA file I edit with any other program, seems to work just fine, but for some reason. Paint.NET does something to the image that the editor doesn't like. Anyone think they have an idea of what's up? Even if I take a working file, load it into Paint.NET Then immediately save the file, the file fails to work. What's up?

Dark age of Camelot is multiplayer, rite? Maybe if the picture is too much off from the original, it will give an error, because it doesn't comply with the online standards.

But it's not the game that's having the problems. It's the java based player made interface editor. Which all it does is load up a bunch of XML and image files then tries to draw some of the in game assets on the screen. This java based interface editor doesn't seem to like any TGA files from Paint.NET. I'm suspecting it might be an issue with Java and TGA files that Paint.NET produces. Perhaps other Java applications might also have a problem.

I actually had problems with TGAs as well.

I was trying to make an avatar for TrackMania Nations and whenever I tried to save my image as a TGA, TMN kept showing some random pixels as the avatar. So then I realized that you could save the images as a DDS and Paint.NET happens to have a DDS plugin, so all went well in the end.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

So nobody else has really seen this problem before? It seems like the image works with most regular software, it just might be something about Java that doesn't like it. I'm not sure. Perhaps I should do a little more testing.

So nobody else has really seen this problem before? It seems like the image works with most regular software, it just might be something about Java that doesn't like it. I'm not sure. Perhaps I should do a little more testing.

Yeah, this doesn't sound like a Paint.NET issue.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

In this case, I have to use TGA. I'll try to see if I can get a working TGA and a non-working TGA of the same identical image. And see what the diffrences are. In this case, the game seems to insist on TGA, sadly. Although, if you guys get that 32-bit Bitmap support i need going, I might be able to avoid TGA.

Although is DDS a native export now?

Although is DDS a native export now?

... Native? Just use the plugin ... the only difference between a built-in filtetype and a plugin filetype is that the plugin's code is sitting in a separate DLL. It isn't treated unfairly or anything.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg