Sign in to follow this  
FirePheonix

The Cellphone thread!

well I got to test out the iphone today.

I didn't believe that it didn't support flash in the browser, because its running an os9 or x version and a real browser but apparently it is true, I confirmed today, I couldn't install flash on it and it doesn't support it, they MAY in the future though. I personally think this is retarded of them.

The 2nd thing I didn't like is you still can't plug it in and use it as a usb drive, drag drop some mp3s here, drag drop some mp4/quicktime videos there and done deal, NOPE instead you still have to use crappy itunes. I hate all these companies for trying to make me use their crappy software.

Other than its cool, but I can see it get old fast, that is become just another useless gadget. But I still want one!

well i think using iTunes is way better than having to drag and drop songs or videos because its way more organized and it does everything itself.

// even so i also think that the iPhone is not a phone anymore. it's basically a toy - a maxitoy

i have the sonyrericsson k610i (whatever that means):

k610i-CloseUp.jpg

so far i've created two themes for it:

Green Day Theme

themeshot.png

download

Blazer Theme

themeshot-1.png

download

state of the art communication system

Tin_can_telephone.jpg

you jealous....but really, im not getting a cell phone until.......cough 12th grade cough cough

I didn't believe that it didn't support flash in the browser, because its running an os9 or x version and a real browser but apparently it is true, I confirmed today, I couldn't install flash on it and it doesn't support it, they MAY in the future though. I personally think this is retarded of them.

The 2nd thing I didn't like is you still can't plug it in and use it as a usb drive, drag drop some mp3s here, drag drop some mp4/quicktime videos there and done deal, NOPE instead you still have to use crappy itunes. I hate all these companies for trying to make me use their crappy software.

Other than its cool, but I can see it get old fast, that is become just another useless gadget. But I still want one!

Please stop using the word "retarded". You're using it wrong.

lol I used the word once, and there was like 90 words, and you are stuck on that one. btw its not used wrong, I think your generation didn't use it in that manner but I do!

no itunes is slow and tries to convert files. drag and drop copy is faster. itunes is ... ::looks around:: :roll: boltbait not around ... itunes is retarded!

well i think using iTunes is way better than having to drag and drop songs or videos because its way more organized and it does everything itself.

// even so i also think that the iPhone is not a phone anymore. it's basically a toy - a maxitoy

I don't recall you having a fit or issue about its use previously, here are some posts you should take notice of then if you are in a moderating mood. In any case, some advice, keep your personal feelings or beliefs outside of your work (moderating included). I will avoid using the word that offends you ONLY when I say it.

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewt ... t=retarded

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewt ... d&start=15

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewt ... &start=405

you know how to use search to find others.

moc426, I want you to go here: http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3446 and read rule #10. It extends to the word "retarded" as well.

I can not read every single thread on the board. And, I do not spend my time doing searches for every offensive term.

If you feel that I am singling you out, I'm sorry. But, when I read posts that I feel are against the rules (or the spirit of the rules) I "moderate".

If you feel that I am being unfair, there is no need to pout, just take it up with Rick.

Actually, the first, second, forth and fifth links you provided are all using 'retarded' in the true sense of retardation - either "delay" in the case of the first link and "below-normal global intellectual capacity as an adult" in the case of the second, forth and fifth links.

Quotes provided by Wikipedia.

EDIT: not that I'm taking sides, just stating something :|

Actually, he is not... ;)

re·tard·ed (rĭ-tär'dĭd)

adj.

1. Often Offensive; Affected with mental retardation.

2. Occurring or developing later than desired or expected; delayed.

Either fits his context, but not both are offensive. Either way, he is using it right...

<-Runs out before BB can kick him...

I will avoid using the word that offends you ONLY when I say it.

moc426, if a moderator or admin is asking you to stop using a word then you need to stop using it. Simple as that. There shouldn't even be any debate around it. There is no jury.

Aggreed. That word can be offensive to a lot of people if you are using it in context like that, Moc426. That word should not be used unless it is describing a person with a real mental disability in a sympathetic way. And please keep in mind, now that you have Rick AND BoltBait invovled, back-talking can get yourself banned. :!:

Now can we all just return to the topic I started, (Cell Phones!!!) and stop arguing over the proper grammar of using a word to describe somthing horrible that people are suffering with?!

Everyone please drop this.

FirePheonix, please don't try to kiss up to others by trying to be tough guy.

This whole discussion is pointless and has nothing to do with the thread. Boltbait said I used the word wrong, which is why I joked about it and others have used it in the same manner before, he didn't say I used an offensive word, BUT he later fixed it and said I used a word that offended him, and I said I will avoid using it, case closed. I don't care who is right or wrong, its done.

Aggreed. That word can be offensive to a lot of people if you are using it in context like that, Moc426. That word should not be used unless it is describing a person with a real mental disability in a sympathetic way. And please keep in mind, now that you have Rick AND BoltBait invovled, back-talking can get yourself banned. :!:

Look, you're right about how this disscussion has nothing to do with the thread part, but look, my Mother has a PHD in psychology, and I don't know how you were raised, but I was raised to have sympathy for people with a terrible disease like that. I find myself personally offended by that word so please stop defending it, and let's all get back on topic!

So, it's obvious that you can't spell, but can you at least read!

He didn't say he was defending his use of the word...

If that is still unclear to you, then re-read this statement:

I don't care who is right or wrong, its done.

God, if anyone has anything else to say about this discussion, they can drag their sorry butts out of here and start a new topic about the grammatical use of the word Retarded because I am DONE! I created this thread to talk about cell phones, and half of it has been dedicated to this bloody mess.

[walks in to retarded rant thing] [desperately tries to stay on the 'true' topic]

Well, um... I have a RAZR! ... I'm not cool enough (well, ok, I've never really tried) to have a custom background for it. But after reading this I want to try. Hopefully, Alltel will let me send whatever picture to my phone without charging me. I like it better when things are free. :D

Haha. Right as I started posting this 'I Used to Hate Cell Phones, Now I Hate Car Accidents' from Norma Jean started playing. Interesting timing.

Wither, do you have a cable or infrared/bluetooth connection to your phone from your PC. It means you won't have to mess around with services or run the risk of fees.

Luckily, my Sony Ericsson came with a cable which made my infrared dongle redundant which is good because it was always too slow transferring stuff anyway.

I have a RAZR camera phone and bluetooth on my laptop. It makes transferring pictures a snap.

I also have a tiny bluetooth ear piece. I avoid using it unless I'm driving as I don't want to look like the Star Trek fanboy that I really am. 8)

*ducks the "retarded" shrapnel EDIT: FOR HIS 100th POST!*

Gosh, I feel like a loser. I have a crappy little LG camera phone that came free with my plan. I hope to get an iPhone sometime (probably next year, after the bugs have been worked out) or a KRZR, 'cause...I don't know, they're cool. Either way, I want a bluetooth headset, because I am a Stargate Atlantis fanboy and the characters on the show use something pretty similar!

(yay for number 100! I feel like I have a purpose now!)

I got my Sony Ericsson free with a 2 year plan. It's not too bad...my dad bought me a bluetooth headset for my birthday...it's alright but I don't have a lot of use for it and don't want to end up looking like the Borg. :?

I got my Sony Ericsson free with a 2 year plan. It's not too bad...my dad bought me a bluetooth headset for my birthday...it's alright but I don't have a lot of use for it and don't want to end up looking like the Borg. :?

I used to use the headset, but I stopped when I noticed that my left ear was starting to look red and disformed :D