Helping Hand with Game Pics

Okay. Many of you may not, but I play a game called Neverwinter Nights. I have a lot of characters there, and I kinda wanted to animate one into a .gif, hard thing is I don't know where to start editing/making it into osmething I can actually morph into actions. I wanted to try with an easier character before I moved onto my neko, so here are some of my old screenshots.

NWN0000e.jpg

NWN0001b.jpg

And to top it off, here is a piccie DreyofAud made of the character.

Grace2.gif

Anyone help?

~EvilKitty

celloSiggy.jpg

For starters, you can use unfreez to animate your gifs:

http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/

But if you want to step it up a level (both in quality and budget), follow the links:

http://www.thesilver.net/

http://www.download.com/123-AVI-to-GIF- ... 92620.html

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I know how to do that. My first .gif was an exploding planet

Explosion.gif

But I was asking if anyone knew how i could create a character from piccies like those. I don't have much of an artistic hand with the mouse, and no tablet to draw on, so I'm stuck with digial editing skills. I kinda wanted ot try her firing an arrow.

~EvilNeko

celloSiggy.jpg

Well I can't really get back on it to take more screenies ofr a week and a half..then I'll start single player and take a bunch in a row, hard as **** to cut out though. ..Which is pretty much why I was asking peeps if they had a clue at an easier way.

~EbilKitty

celloSiggy.jpg

Yeah, you're going to have to take multiple screenshots, and put them into some kind of .gif animator. I agree that it'd be easier to find a place with a smoother, less busy background if you can.

I've tried something similar with World of Warcraft, which I assume is similar to Neverwinter Nights. There is actually a program out there called WoWModelViewer, that has all the objects/characters/armor sets from WoW and renders them for you, and even animates them on any background you choose (including transparent.) You can customize the render to make it match your character. Depending on the popularity of your game, there may be something out there like WoWModelViewer, which would make your life a LOT easier.

I find that grabbing screenshots in-game do not make the best image files, so you may end up a little disappointed with your gif's quality.

Good luck though, and be sure to show us the end result!

weathersig4withoutrain.png

Or, you could just record the game using Fraps or a similar desktop video capturing program. Then, convert the out put video into seperate GIF files and edit them.

To make the video into seperate image files, I suggest Virtual Dub. After that, (As VD doesn't output into GIF) get a batch image converter like Fast Stone to make them into GIFs. Then edit.

That's assuming you want to animate an entire motion and not just random stuff.

I kinda wanted to have my archer firing her bow, and since she is an Arcane Archer, have it show the explosion. Problem is if I try it in game it gets kinda messy...I tried the "Toon" plugin to no effect so far, I'm out of ideas for now..

~EnM

celloSiggy.jpg