Inverted outline

So I just heard this program is similar to photoshop in some ways, and I wanted to try it out! Fair enough, I installed it, made sure I had frameworks, which I do, and tried the most necessary feature, the outline feature.

Only problem is, it seems to do it inverted for some weird reason. Check out the the images below.

1stgr7.th.jpg 2ndwv2.th.jpg

Nevermind the images themselves, I just chose a random one for a test.

the text "yo im dope" in the middle of the picture is the one im trying to get an outline on. As you can see on picture number two, you can actually see traces of a successful outline, only it's inverted. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

I did, its in its own layer.. I know that far, and its over the original image. :/

Edit: What I simply want is an outline for the text, like if theres black text over black image, you need white outline, right? Thats all I want, but it won't let me

PdN is not object oriented. Running the Outline filter on the text layer effects all of the pixels on that layer, including the transparent ones. Doing some tests on actual pictures will give a better idea of the what the filter does do.

Now about your original question, there are many tutorials that cover adding an outline to text. I suggest that you search through the available tutorials to find one of them.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster