lynxster creations ~ St. Paddy's Day! ~ 3/14/24 🍀

lynxster4

Peacock has been promoted to the Galleria. Congratulations Lynxster!

Thank you!  Thank you!    Thank you to Pixey and Red for nominating it and thank you to EER for thinking it worthy!     :mrgreen:        :pizza:  :beer:

• 1 month later...

Congrats on the placement of your peacock in the Galleria. Very fanciful image. :trophy: 

Love the work you're doing with the stained glass also. :rainbow:B)

• Upvote 1

SloppySig.png

Oh, yikes, there seems to be a promotion I've missed here... wondering how I didn't notice before scratch_one-s_head.gif Many congrats on the accomplishment, dear lynxster!Laie_98.gif

• Upvote 2

Oh, yikes, there seems to be a promotion I've missed here... wondering how I didn't notice before scratch_one-s_head.gif Many congrats on the accomplishment, dear lynxster!Laie_98.gif

Not to worry Max...thank you so much for the congrats...it's really appreciated!!   28.gif

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing around with this piece for months trying to get it 'just right'.  If I don't publish it now, I never will, so I present another stained glass technique that I think is realistic.

Rippled Stained Glass:

15a_butterfly.png

I hope everyone enjoys it!!   :)

I've followed BBQ's suggestion in post #137 and posted a revised image which really makes the butterfly 'pop'!

15b_butterfly.png

Edited by lynxster4
  • Upvote 7

Yes I enjoy it! It's a great addition to your gallery!

I know what you mean when you say "if you don't publish it now you never will". Most of my work is that way.

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much Disgruntled1!!   Glad you like it!    :D    (we seem to have the same syndrome)     ;) 

Edited by lynxster4

An outcome very pleasant to look at! Laie_98.gif

I've been a member for over a year and a half, and I never get to start a personal gallery out of considering that my works are always lacking something. Dissatisfaction is an odd thing to feel. It brings you quite down at times JC_shakehead.gif

• Upvote 1

@Max....you really must start a gallery...I'd love to see more of your work!    :)

I'm sure we all feel that way sometimes....you can't let it bring you down...it should be fun!!!    :P

• Upvote 1

The glass looks fabulous. If you have the lead outline on a separate layer, try running a Drop Shadow on it. & have that layer on top of the glass. Bit will give it that bit more 3D. PeterPawn (inactive for many years now) gave me that advice for mine & also for the jewels I used to make. 

The glass is such a lovely texture & the colours are perfect. It would be lovely to hang in a window. Well done! :star:

• Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

The glass looks fabulous. If you have the lead outline on a separate layer, try running a Drop Shadow on it. & have that layer on top of the glass. Bit will give it that bit more 3D. PeterPawn (inactive for many years now) gave me that advice for mine & also for the jewels I used to make. 

The glass is such a lovely texture & the colours are perfect. It would be lovely to hang in a window. Well done! :star:

Aaahhhh....that's what's missing!!  Thank you so much for the advice BBQ!!   I'm glad you like the butterfly.     

I've implemented your suggestion and posted it...it makes such a big impact on the overall image....thanks, again!    :D

• Upvote 1

An outcome very pleasant to look at! Laie_98.gif

I've been a member for over a year and a half, and I never get to start a personal gallery out of considering that my works are always lacking something. Dissatisfaction is an odd thing to feel. It brings you quite down at times JC_shakehead.gif

Max, this why you need to start a gallery.  Suggestions and advice can help make you a better PDN'er!!   (see post #137)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the encouragement! You're a great friend! JC_Hi-Five.gif

That's what friends are for...  45.gif

Edited by lynxster4
  • Upvote 1

Revision looks fabbo! Your stained glass work is just lovely. 

Thanks BBQ....for the constructive critique and advice!  It means a lot... :)

What a beautiful outcome on the Flutterby @Lynxster.  Both renditions look wonderful, but the one with @BBQ's suggestion does seem to have that extra "Pow" to it :D .

@Max - you must get a Gallery started asap :lightning: .  I think we ALL were nervous the first time we did this :mrred: .

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

What a beautiful outcome on the Flutterby @Lynxster.  Both renditions look wonderful, but the one with @BBQ's suggestion does seem to have that extra "Pow" to it :D .

Thank you so much Pixey, glad you like the Flutterby!   Yes, the second image is much better!     :D

Thanks for your encouragement, Pixey! smile3.gif

Go for it, Max!   You have many encouraging people behind you!     :)

• Upvote 1

That's a really neat style you have going on there, with the butterfly. The alteration you did with Barbie's advice really makes it 'pop' more and gives it more depth. Great piece :D

Thank you, Drydareelin for the nice comment about my work!  Glad you enjoy the image.    :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2016 at 11:07 AM, lynxster4 said:

Hi everyone!  Still fooling around with stained glass.  I modeled this pic after a panel I saw on the web.  I made my own texture for this and used it in a few different ways.

Please let me know what you think!    :D

Guitara_stained%20glass_ds_6x8_zpsyi0ebr

It's really amazing pic. i loved it.:trophy:

where i can find this plugin of Stained Glass ?

• Upvote 1

On 8/23/2016 at 11:34 AM, Shochi said:

It's really amazing pic. i loved it.:trophy:

where i can find this plugin of Stained Glass ?

@Shochi, I'd love to tell you that it's a plugin...but it's not. PDN does not have a complex stained glass plugin.

This effect was achieved by lots and lots of hard work - many layers and manipulations went into this.

I'm glad you like the pic!   :)

• Upvote 1