Rants *enter at own risk*

'k...randomly select a book from Amazon.com with a "look inside" feature, select the first, twelfth, fifty-third, ninety-ninth, one-hundred-eightieth, and two-hundred-fiftieth words, convert it to a number based upon the (randomly selected) preceding and succeeding word's placement within the Merriam-Webster sixth dictionary, and dividing the result randomly by 1, pi, 42, or 111.

How 'bout that?

Anyway, how do some of the other programs do it?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I originally made the [spoilers] tag grey (I had just finished a stint of working on CMD Sketchpad :wink: ), but I figured red would be more indicative of the warning nature for which the tag was intended. Unfortunately, the tag still has that "new car smell", so people are using it simply for the sake of using it.

I or one of my fellow Admin-types can change the color to whatever you feel is better. Hopefully, once the "OMGneat"-ness wears off, the red won't be quite so obnoxious.

And, for your information, uH, it's not a table. You should know me better than that. And the color isn't #ff0000, it's #a90000. :P

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

"Middle Square Method" seems to be a good one...use the System Clock as the starting seed (perhaps reversed)?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

.NET Framework's random is already pretty good. The problem isn't the numbers we're getting, it's just the nature of RGB colors.

To be a dark color, all 3 values, R, G, and B, must be low. If a single one of them is in the mid-high range, the color becomes bright. So naturally, dark colors are a rarity.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Can you weight your randomness? I.E. numbers from 0-3 have a higher probability than 4-F in the first digit of each channel?

Tried that. Ends up with an overpopulation of grays and pale, desaturated colors in the set.

Can you make it randomly choose whether to generate an RGB or a HSV value for the color, then randomly generate the color?

For those who are easily offended by religous references, please, do not read the following.

Hidden Content:
Stop putting religous references in your signature! Not everyone is christian! That means you, MIX_M@N!

Rainbow%20Space%20Sig.png

The God of Judgement is not pleased...

For those who are easily offended by religous references, please, do not read the following.

Freedom of speech, good sir.

QFT. Cornipsus, that comes very close to hate speech, spoiler tag or not. Please be careful what you write. Don't be guilty of intolerance. And don't get banninated. :-)

the pictorium uuuuuuhhhhhhh please could people give their art pieces names! I don't get to every gallery before there are mega comments and posts after the pictures. Do you know how awkward it is to give a compliment or a suggestion to something like, "that third one down, your fourth post" just takes away from the whole experience.

the pictorium uuuuuuhhhhhhh please could people give their art pieces names! I don't get to every gallery before there are mega comments and posts after the pictures. Do you know how awkward it is to give a compliment or a suggestion to something like, "that third one down, your fourth post" just takes away from the whole experience.

You can always quote with thumbnails then comment.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

QFT!

It's really sort of annoying to say that...

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

QFT!

It's really sort of annoying to say that...

not sure I get that, its really annoying I asked people to name their art work? or really annoying that you have to say something " like third one down, your fourth post"

@Ash yes I could thumb but I also think the name of a piece of art is very valuable. It will consolidate within the viewers mind the overall feel and direction of your art work. It also is a creative process the same as creating art..