Rants *enter at own risk*

Rant: I was playing around with shape 3-d, and making letters with it, adding glow and outline to make them look smoother, when I realized I can achieve the same effect differently, in a way much less time consuming and ten times easier. I had spent about an hour on just 6 letters, too!

edit: i missed my 100th post...oh well...i'm awaiting that new forum!

What is this other way?

KaHuc.png

Rant: I was playing around with shape 3-d, and making letters with it, adding glow and outline to make them look smoother, when I realized I can achieve the same effect differently, in a way much less time consuming and ten times easier. I had spent about an hour on just 6 letters, too!

edit: i missed my 100th post...oh well...i'm awaiting that new forum!

were those letters..ERASER by any chance?

lol

hmm..well... I missed my 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500th post.. I don't want to miss any more..!

In that tutorial to make bubbles (I'll dig it up in a sec) there was a (very obvious) way to add a little "light," so to speak: using paintbrush, make a white blob, brush width about 20, and Gaussian blur it until it looks smooth.

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't think of that before.

edit: @TopHATslash: good guess, but no, they were actually MURPH'S (I don't think the apostrophe counts as a letter)...Murph, short for Murphy...Murph's a good friend of mine, 'twas making a CD cover for a mix we're creating...

edit2: Bubble Tutorial

This isn't a rant as much as a general question. I was browsing hte PDN forum archives and lo and behold I see this one user that was how should I put this? ganged up on by sevral members of this forum. And was banned for seemingly defending his point. I was just curious as to what happened to thiss particular user, his username was Kreeos.

Xel, I'm going to post this publicly so that you can stop PM'ing me about it.

Kreeos was not banned for being an idiot or a communist. He was banned for taking a hard line in support of piracy. Which in itself is not ban worthy. But, when you start encouraging people to do it and TELLING THEM HOW TO DO IT... that's where I draw the line.

BTW, you can tell your friend Kreeos that we have given him another chance. He is unbanned. However, if he starts with the piracy thing again he will be banned quicker than he can crack photoshop. :roll:

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Rant: People aligning their sigs to the center.

I dunno, personally I like the center-aligned sigs. It sets them off the post better, so it's easier to tell where the content ends and where the foofaraw begins.

Large blocks of text are better when aligned to the left or width-justified, but extras like sigs, which often contain multiple lines of content of differing widths, look more put-together and even if they're centered.

My opinion, anyway. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

In that tutorial to make bubbles (I'll dig it up in a sec) there was a (very obvious) way to add a little "light," so to speak: using paintbrush, make a white blob, brush width about 20, and Gaussian blur it until it looks smooth.

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't think of that before.

edit: @TopHATslash: good guess, but no, they were actually MURPH'S (I don't think the apostrophe counts as a letter)...Murph, short for Murphy...Murph's a good friend of mine, 'twas making a CD cover for a mix we're creating...

edit2: Bubble Tutorial

I remember that tut. its was an excellent one. and done back before many of these new fangled plugins were thought up. still use this method quite often when doing some of my pictures.

before many of these new fangled plugins were thought up

I'm sorry I learned how to write plugins.

nah you write good plugins, might help a bit if you did more pictures with the program .... you could check yourself if they were beta ready or not. cut yourself some breathing room that way. sorry I came down heavy on you, knew you were on to a good thing but that it wasn't quite ready for the onslaught you were going to receive.

ciao

I severely dislike he who centers his signature.

So sorry to disappoint you. I've been waiting for this a long time. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I severely dislike people who make big deals out of things that don't harm them.
Nay! For centring hurts the soul, not physical body. And 'tis the soul that is the essence of life.

For every centre tag you use, you kill a little of yourself.

Heh. It's not

. It's [horcrux ][ /horcrux]. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.