Rants *enter at own risk*

Rant: People posting threads in the pictorium before they have any work to show.

Yeah. That's rather annoying.

:?: why? its their gallery if they have nothing in it yet its going to come I'm sure might just be they want to link to DA and the site is down for a bit for maintenance or their photo bucket account level is just about reached the limit. or their new work just needs a few tweeks re size or such as they just read the rules.

? not really a problem I can see.

you want a real rant about the pictorium I spent two weeks working on a picture for the new pictorium and not a soul comments. :cry::cry::cry::D just kidding.

:?: why? its their gallery if they have nothing in it yet its going to come I'm sure might just be they want to link to DA and the site is down for a bit for maintenance or their photo bucket account level is just about reached the limit. or their new work just needs a few tweeks re size or such as they just read the rules.

Imagine if every new user did that as soon as they registered without posting any images.

KaHuc.png

Imagine if every new user did that as soon as they registered without posting any images.

they would soon weed themselves down to the bottom. give the pictorium some time to work out the kinks. the mods have done a lot of behind the scenes work. show some appreciation. they will sort it out if it needs to be done.

Rant:

My cousin and I spent over an hour trying to have fun on Runescape and we wanted to fight a certain monster...

We ended up trying ~30 servers and they were all packed...

...with people flaming us with vulgar comments because we logged into a server :roll:

I'm really ticked. I just wanted to have fun with my cousin.

I would appreciate it if you guys didn't flame me with "omg rs sucks" either right now.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Rant:

My cousin and I spent over an hour trying to have fun on Runescape and we wanted to fight a certain monster...

We ended up trying ~30 servers and they were all packed...

...with people flaming us with vulgar comments because we logged into a server :roll:

I'm really ticked. I just wanted to have fun with my cousin.

I would appreciate it if you guys didn't flame me with "omg rs sucks" either right now.

People can be so inconsiderate when it comes to stuff they are given for free!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I used to play Runescape. It's an ok way to kill time if you've got nothing else to do. Or at least it used to be, before the community started to become the craphole that it is now.

Lately I'd rather stare at a wall than put up with those people...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Yeah, I used to play Runescape as well - and I still have all three accounts and passwords if I ever decide to pick it up again - but I just got tired of dealing with people. That's the main reason I don't play online games much - I figure, I put up with people all day long, so why would I want them polluting my game time too?

Back when I did play, I mainly hung out with the "few good men" I had found. I'd gang-up with one to collect cow hides, with another to do a little tag-team mining (yeah, I actually found someone who agreed that mining rocks should be shared), or with another to conduct business (I was a crafter, he was a big-spender, so I'd buy all his gems at slightly-above-competitive prices). Best of all, each one of these users used full sentences (:ohsnap:). When I was dealing with them, Runelife was good. However, when I walked through the town square, the crushing idiocy that congregated there spouting unintelligible Runespeak broke me and my respect for the online community.

Unfortunately, I stopped playing for a time, and when I returned, all those "good men" had left to pursue more worthwhile causes. I'm in both the crafting and mining guilds on the free servers, so it's not that I don't have anything to play for. It's just that I've lost the will to find anyone to play with.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

My rant: As some of you may know, although not many of you, I like writing my own mini-books. The part I love about this is mainly choosing the names, as there are many meanings behind some of them which I can use. However, I just realised that I a going to have to rename one of my characters, as I, without remembering the famous artifact, named them Rosetta Stone. :D This isn't a major rant, just a sort of annoyance.

What on earth had happened to the forums today? :twisted:

Am I the only person who also had trouble posting?

It wasn't just you! At 1400 GMT, the last posts were between aprox 1100-1200GMT. So it was was a wide scale posting problem I think.

What on earth had happened to the forums today? :twisted:

Am I the only person who also had trouble posting?

It wasn't just you! At 1400 GMT, the last posts were between aprox 1100-1200GMT. So it was was a wide scale posting problem I think.

I had two problems - at first when I tried to click submit after posting the page never loaded, then I had a phpBB3 error whenever I tried to visit the site.

KaHuc.png

My rants:

1):

IE, it's a pain, it doesn't seem to recognise perfectly good CSS positioning, all I want it to do is recognise:

position:relative; left:300; top:30; right:300; bottom:50;

and:

max-width:780px

At the moment I have a very ugly header & nav bar cos the elements stretch all the way across the screen & I can't seem to find any logical way of getting them in the places I want. All the other code I've used (change background colour, font, font colour, border, border colour, border thickness) have worked. If anyone feels like enlightening me then please do, either via PM or a reply here. And please don't say read the w3 schools thing on CSS cos I have been.

2):

I was going to post this ages ago, but the forum seized up & then there was the mysql error or something. :x

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D