Rants *enter at own risk*

Review tab > Set Language.

Is that it?

Like the thesaurus and word count, by using the language choices you are reviewing your work (if you think about it), therefore it's in a logical location proving how more intuitive the Ribbon is, if you give it a little time. I'm not patronising you, far from it, just trying to defend the awesomeness that the Ribbon is. [/fanboy]

If you get vista you could use that USB key memory feature thing.

What are you talking about? Are you saying I could use a jumpdrive as extra memory? I have a 16gb flash drive!

There is a feature called ReadyBoost in vista - although not all flash drives are ReadyBoots-enabled.

I wouldn't find using a flash drive's memory as a good source of RAM, knowing that flash drives are incredibly slow at writing and reading information. Maybe once SSDs [solid State Drives] catch on....

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

...therefore it's in a logical location proving how more intuitive the Ribbon is...
Actually, no, it doesn't show that at all, both the Ribbon and the traditional menu system have it logical areas, just that the Ribbon has it under a new name.

Still, time is all that is needed to get used to it.

EDIT:

Rant:

ReadyBoost does very little in the way of furthering performance, and becomes more a hindrance as the USB drive is jutting out. With me, anyway.

Review tab > Set Language.

Is that it?

Like the thesaurus and word count, by using the language choices you are reviewing your work (if you think about it), therefore it's in a logical location proving how more intuitive the Ribbon is, if you give it a little time. I'm not patronising you, far from it, just trying to defend the awesomeness that the Ribbon is. [/fanboy]

I don't want to 'review' my document (which to me means to make comments on someone else's document), I want to change the language I'm typing in... (Spanish, in this case).

Another thing I like to do with Set Language is to turn off the spell checker for blocks of computer code.

Another Rant: The Ribbon is HUGE!!! (Yes, I know you can hide it.)

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

I don't want to 'review' my document (which to me means to make comments on someone else's document)
Semantics... Anyway, Set Language, the one I pointed you to, is under the subheading of 'Proofing' in Review, is that a better turn of phrase? In any case, that should do as you wish, the tooltip says it does, to check spelling an grammar in another language. (Have I misunderstood your requirements?)
Another Rant: The Ribbon is HUGE!!! (Yes, I know you can hide it.)
I have to agree with you there, it is rather deep.

Having said that, have you measured pixel for pixel your old 2003 setup (all the horizontal planes: menus, rulers, etc.) and compared it against the total depth of the Ribbon? You might (I stress might) be surprised...

RANT: Run-on sentences that make no sense, are only humorous in their stupidity, and make use of sparse punctuation.

RANT2: Three Word Game

RANT 3: Run-on sentences that make no sense, are only humorous in their stupidity, and make use of sparse punctuation in the Three Word Game.

Solution: Lockin' time.

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

@Myrddin and everyone else talking ReadyBoost: while cool, it's NO replacement for RAM. If you're struggling because of RAM, ReadyBoost will not help you AT ALL.

It only provides noticeable benefits if you have enough RAM.

Say you have 512MB of RAM, with no ReadyBoost. Your computer will be excruciatingly slow w/ Vista.

Say you have 512MB of RAM, with ReadyBoost. There will be no noticeable change.

Say you have 4GB of RAM, no ReadyBoost. Your computer will be quite fast, assuming you also have good processor.

Say you have 4GB RAM, AND ReadyBoost. Your computer will be the envy of every computer within a 5 mile radius, including the one next door that has the same RAM and a faster processor.

Point? ReadyBoost only boosts performance if performance is already good to begin with.

What are you talking about? Are you saying I could use a jumpdrive as extra memory? I have a 16gb flash drive!

Only if the flash drive can meet Vista's speed requirements. Obviously, a drive that's too slow simply won't cut it.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

@Myrddin and everyone else talking ReadyBoost: while cool, it's NO replacement for RAM. If you're struggling because of RAM, ReadyBoost will not help you AT ALL.
I did write this earlier on page 136...
Rant:

ReadyBoost does very little in the way of furthering performance, and becomes more a hindrance as the USB drive is jutting out. With me, anyway.

Emphasis added.

I kinda knew that already, see? Plus all the articles I've read confirmed my assumptions.

Mine wont. Hard drive based. I have a 2gb that works though. And I think I have a good performance. 2gb of RAM, dual core AMD Turion Mobile processor at 2.16ghz. Do you think ReadyBoost will aid in performance?

Can't hurt to try.

Myrddin: the point I'm trying to make is that if your computer is already fast, ReadyBoost generally makes it even faster. But if it's already slow, then yes, it's just a big ugly stick pokin' out of the side of your computer.

xZYt6wl.png

Then save your munneh!

I would love to be able to blow my money on it but if I did I'd end up being homeless. I'm moving to a new city in a couple months to further my education and need to pay for things like food. Food vs New Computer, food wins. Besides, if this one guy that owes me $2,000 would just pay me... ><

Then save your munneh!

I would love to be able to blow my money on it but if I did I'd end up being homeless. I'm moving to a new city in a couple months to further my education and need to pay for things like food. Food vs New Computer, food wins. Besides, if this one guy that owes me $2,000 would just pay me... ><

2000... what did you give him...

Well good night for now.

omExTE6.png

Oy. Never loan people money unless you have some sort of army (gang of thugs) that can enforce payment. Otherwise, odds are you'll never see a dime.

Leave loans to the professionals - banks and crime lords ;)

xZYt6wl.png

Then save your munneh!

2000... what did you give him...

Well good night for now.

He bought my big rig off me when I closed my trucking business. Still owes me one last payment.

@pyro

Not a loan. See above.

Still would have been smarter to have him take out a loan and give you all the munneh. Then he can take care of the loan at his own/the bank's pace, while you have the payment.

If I had a ... truck ... to sell to someone, I'd take nothing short of full payment. Cash, wire-transfer, check, whatever. But I would want it all at once.

But alas, I don't even have a truck to drive, much less a big-rig to sell ;)

xZYt6wl.png

Still would have been smarter to have him take out a loan and give you all the munneh. Then he can take care of the loan at his own/the bank's pace, while you have the payment.

If I had a ... truck ... to sell to someone, I'd take nothing short of full payment. Cash, wire-transfer, check, whatever. But I would want it all at once.

But alas, I don't even have a truck to drive, much less a big-rig to sell ;)

My dad knew the guy and assured me that he was good for it. He set up the deal. After a year and a half of it sitting I just wanted to get rid of the thing. Now I've learned not to trust what my dad tells me about people.