Rants *enter at own risk*

Heh. You know how my girlfriend and I split up? Well now, a week later, decides to start dating my best friend. Gah, it hurt me so much to see them kiss...

My MySpace friends list seems to be getting smaller everyday now...

A lesson to you all: Sex doesn't mean that you're in a close relationship anymore.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Heh. You know how my girlfriend and I split up? Well now, a week later, decides to start dating my best friend. Gah, it hurt me so much to see them kiss...

My MySpace friends list seems to be getting smaller everyday now...

A lesson to you all: Sex doesn't mean that you're in a close relationship anymore.

ouch, that sucks.

omExTE6.png

My Rant: Why aren't assemblies compiled into the .exe file in .NET?

Say wha?

That's low. That's hella low.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Rant: The Microsoft Ribbon Interface. If that doesn't kill Microsoft Word, nothing will.

Additional Rant: There doesn't seem to be a way of turning it off.

I dont exactly see whats wrong with it.

Not as fast for power-users to use as menus.

true, i guess for normal users its easier to remember where the tools are

omExTE6.png

This is what I want in a computer program, especially in an office suite:

Minimalistic appeal

High performance

Lots of easy-to-remember keyboard shortcuts

This is what makes programs like Firefox so great.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

This is what I want in a computer program, especially in an office suite:

Minimalistic appeal

High performance

Lots of easy-to-remember keyboard shortcuts

This is what makes programs like Firefox so great.

this is rants / not the snctuary

omExTE6.png

Rant: The Microsoft Ribbon Interface. If that doesn't kill Microsoft Word, nothing will.

OpenOffice?

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Not as fast for power-users to use as menus.
Change has to happen sooner or later, and I think Microsoft made the right decision to chose that time as now.

The Ribbon is a fantastic interface, and going back to the traditional menus, for me, felt clunky, clumsy, and cumbersome. Menus were hiding many great features of Word, the Ribbon opened that back up to users. Everything is now on show in an intuitive interface that makes the lives of newer users easier, and, after some acclimatising, veteran users' easier. Consequently, productivity will increase thanks to an overall better UI, but you have to give it chance, don't go clamming up against it and fighting it, work with it and it will work back.

Small features such as highlighting pertinent tabs when you click on an image or table gives the Ribbon that 'edge' over previous methods of working. All hail the Ribbon.

Open Office is 10x more user-friendly and functional, imo.
I have to disagree, despite being a primarily OOo user. Not completely disagree, however, there are certain features to OOo that are far better than Office, like in-line spelling suggestions (I'm idle beyond belief), but then there are features with Office that beat OOo hands down - the Ribbon of Office 2007 and the thesaurus interface being two examples.

'It's all swings and roundabouts' ← that sums up the relationship between OOo and MS Office to me. You could also apply that to many other X v. Y scenarios, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Rant: I wish I had more RAM. Apparently, 1GB isn't good enough to open a 5 layer PDN file in Paint.NET while editing a 24 layer PSD in Photoshop.

Though I can always close FIrefox, which would clear up a ton of memory...

Rant: I wish I had more RAM. Apparently, 1GB isn't good enough to open a 5 layer PDN file in Paint.NET while editing a 24 layer PSD in Photoshop.

If you get vista you could use that USB key memory feature thing.

What are you talking about? Are you saying I could use a jumpdrive as extra memory? I have a 16gb flash drive!

signature.png

If you get vista you could use that USB key memory feature thing.

What are you talking about? Are you saying I could use a jumpdrive as extra memory? I have a 16gb flash drive!

There is a feature called ReadyBoost in vista - although not all flash drives are ReadyBoots-enabled.

KaHuc.png

@Sabrown my rant you don't answere PM's

I have downloaded beta 2 and don't have that problem.

um funny its only your plugin I get this message on my desktop....? not your plugin? and yes before you ask 3 times I've downloaded it and deleted out the plugin as I keep getting same error message.

:( I'm sad because I see you've done lots of work and it looks like the changes you've made will help me to finally be able to use for my applications but I can't get it to even open. :cry:

@Sabrown my rant you don't answere PM's

I have downloaded beta 2 and don't have that problem.

um funny its only your plugin I get this message on my desktop....? not your plugin? and yes before you ask 3 times I've downloaded it and deleted out the plugin as I keep getting same error message.

:( I'm sad because I see you've done lots of work and it looks like the changes you've made will help me to finally be able to use for my applications but I can't get it to even open. :cry:

Try deleting the brushes folder in case that's the problem. Of course, back up your brushes first.

KaHuc.png

I dont exactly see whats wrong with it.

I still can't find the old Tools > Language > Set Language command. :(

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game