Rants *enter at own risk*

Rant: I hate it when games (Or anything for that matter) use the ASDW keys in place of the arrow keys. It is so annoying to try to use because those aren't separated from the keys around them.

You prefer arrows over WASD?!?

Must not be FPS games you're playing, then...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Rant: I hate it when games (Or anything for that matter) use the ASDW keys in place of the arrow keys. It is so annoying to try to use because those aren't separated from the keys around them.

You prefer arrows over WASD?!?

Must not be FPS games you're playing, then...

Why use WASD? It's letters. Their awkwardly placed. The arrow keys were made for that type of thing!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Because in many games, especially first-person shooters, you also need other keys. Q and E are often strafe left and right, F is often flashlight or fall, C is usually crouch. You can't be moving your hand all over the keyboard in the middle of a deathmatch. Too slow.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

You can't be moving your hand all over the keyboard in the middle of a deathmatch.

Probably because you're unlikely to have one on you if you're suddenly caught in a deathmatch.

Um... what?

Pathetic attempt at a joke. I was pretending to have taken your metaphor seriously.

I was pretending to have taken your metaphor seriously.

'Snot a metaphor. Deathmatch is specifically a gaming term.

Oh. Still, the term can be used metaphorically AND normally. I think. And by the way, since when - actually, never mind, I'm not going to try and do another joke when my first mailed so fiserably.

My Rant: Why aren't assemblies compiled into the .exe file in .NET?

That sounds like a question for Gen Prog.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ah. You said .NET, not Paint.NET. :-) Oops.

RANT: The forum only loads about every other time. I have to click a link and refresh five or six times to get it to work. Anyone else having this problem?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.