Rants *enter at own risk*

I have written my own forum software before in C#. It's not as hard as you might think.

It only took me about 2 days and it supports all of the UBB codes, etc. The only thing it is really lacking is the control panel stuff.

It is part of an online classroom for my wife's educational business.

I know, it is very easy. But why not just use phpBB3 - it is much faster than asp.net and comes with tonnes of features right out of the box.

KaHuc.png

I have written my own forum software before in C#. It's not as hard as you might think.

It only took me about 2 days and it supports all of the UBB codes, etc. The only thing it is really lacking is the control panel stuff.

It is part of an online classroom for my wife's educational business.

I know, it is very easy. But why not just use phpBB3 - it is much faster than asp.net and comes with tonnes of features right out of the box.

Well, for me, I needed seemless integration with the rest of our web site. phpBB can't do that.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Well, for me, I needed seemless integration with the rest of our web site. phpBB can't do that.

I still don't understand how people are allowed to create mods - GPL forces people to release any changes they make.

Edit: And what about

I use iframes a lot

omExTE6.png

I still don't understand how people are allowed to create mods - GPL forces people to release any changes they make.

Edit: And what about

I use iframes a lot

Although it can mess things up when the content has links.

KaHuc.png

Rant:

Unnecessary quoting.

There is no need for people to quote what the last person in the conversation said when they are responding directly after. Especially when the last person has a double or triple quote to begin with. I think Rick called this a 'quote train', but I cannot be certain if it was labelled that or even by him.

The point stands, there is only a need to quote if a new conversation/part of another conversation is interjecting yours, and you need to refer back a few posts, not when you're the successive post. When you need to reply to a certain portion of a previous post, that's allowed as well.

Rant:

Unnecessary quoting.

There is no need for people to quote what the last person in the conversation said when they are responding directly after. Especially when the last person has a double or triple quote to begin with. I think Rick called this a 'quote train', but I cannot be certain if it was labelled that or even by him.

The point stands, there is only a need to quote if a new conversation/part of another conversation is interjecting yours, and you need to refer back a few posts, not when you're the successive post. When you need to reply to a certain portion of a previous post, that's allowed as well.

It still IMHO makes life easier - especially if there is a new page.

KaHuc.png

It still IMHO makes life easier - especially if there is a new page.
Yes, when there's a new page, because the back-end of a conversation is irritating when you have to skip a page back. But on the same page and quoting the person above you who may also have the same quoting ethics as you (plural you (and there are examples on this page of the Rants))... Not cool.

Okay, not this page, but the page back.