Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Rant:

MySQL's site has the simplicity of The GIMP's interface.

:evil:

Ever seen an interface designer work on an open source project?

Um....?

Have a couple of rants:

1)

My new MP3 player came, delivery was quick, nothing to complain about there, unfortunately, it's a newer version that doesn't support the firmware I wanted to put on it :evil: I wasted an evening trying to get this firmware to work before reading a thing (that I had read, just hadn't understood or similar) that said it wouldn't work, that was an evening I could have spent putting together a radio programme. Which leads me neatly to my next annoyance:

2)

You may remember a while ago I got accepted to edit radio shows for a local not-for-profit radio station & the first thing that I've put together that was going to be aired, or so I thought. For some reason Googlemail didn't tell me I had a couple of emails from the guy that sends me the stuff to edit & so I've have just spent an evening stitching together a radio show that (before a little chopping here & there) was 15 mins too long. This meant me spending 2 & a half - 3 hours trying to reduce the length of the show, you've no idea how long 15 mins is when you've just spent 5 chopping out ums, ahhs, errs, & general gaps from 30 secs of speech by some guy saying what the upcoming song means to him only to find that you've only reduced the playing time of the show by 2 seconds....

I'm now a little bit tired (as I type it's 5 mins to 1 in the morning here). I'm still sending them the file, I don't really know why but anyway.

While cellphones at that age are bad, I believe the firefly is a remarkable idea. Too bad it failed.

Never heard of that till now, is that a product in USA.

If every kid had a "firefly" phone that company would be making a lot, because i dont think many little kids understand that talking cost money

I bet someone could write a spider that sucks up all the posts and puts them into a db... :twisted:

Dang it! I always come in a page or two behind the interesting conversations...when I read this, I thought of a spider with a straw, sucking up all of the text from the forum... :P

I've now being called Wallace by everyone in my class. I've already got too much "fame" in my year group and now guess what, because of one student teacher's awful handwriting, my name is now apparently Wallace, what more, she didn't even apologize for calling me that. Although, the apology isn't top priority. Everyone knows me, for 2 reasons, I suck at games (PE) and I'm unfortunate enough to have a catchy "tune" with my name.

Message to all those at school: MY NAME IS NOT WALLACE AND PLEASE STOP SINGING THE AZIZ SONG!!   :evil:  

I bet someone could write a spider that sucks up all the posts and puts them into a db... :twisted:

Dang it! I always come in a page or two behind the interesting conversations...when I read this, I thought of a spider with a straw, sucking up all of the text from the forum... :P

That's exactly how a spider works.... minus the straw :shock:

That's exactly how a spider works.... minus the straw :shock:

I lol'd :lol:

This talk of straws has made me thirsty.

RANT: THERE'S NO ginger ale left... :cry:

RANT: I have so many friends at school who hate ginger ale, and im the only one who likes it

Ginger ale is da BEST soda. Evar.

It tastes like sprite to me.

tea FTW!

tea is not a soda, so it clearly cannot be the best one.

duh.

I am CLEARLY just joking around.

Long Island Iced Tea contains soda. Would that count?

On second thought, it better not as it would win too easily.