Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Ah ha! I found a good arguement: Is it not true that the forum is the central platform of user feedback for Rick? Even your 'fighting club' is hosted on this forum and it is a pivetal tool for Rick to aid in testing, design, and functionality. By creating a more stable platform of user feedback-a forum on the getpaint.net server-he would also benefit, leading to a better Paint.NET.

I just said that ;)

BB:

PdN is supported by the forum community. All-in-all, it would take 5-10 minutes to install the software and ~1 hour to configure the settings. Wouldn't a more stable (and more modular) forum to support the program be better than a free host who isn't exactly reliable?

Like we have discussed - we are desperate to keep the posts. Although I still have an idea of agreeing to still host their ads on the new forum if they supply a copy of the database.

I don't know about "desperate..." I mean, it would be preferred, sure, but I don't think we're desperate for anything. :-)

I bet someone could write a spider that sucks up all the posts and puts them into a db... :twisted:

I bet someone could write a spider that sucks up all the posts and puts them into a db... :twisted:

Haha, for some reason that made me chuckle. :lol:

Except that the forum is hosted by forumer so you cannot install mods.

Who said anything about installing something? :roll:

Google isn't installed...

Google isn't installed...

Haha, now that really made me laugh.

Sabrown:

A crawler is basically a bot that indexes content.

Sabrown:

But presumably it would delete it too and I assumed that whole thing would be part of the forum.

...What?

Sabrown:

But presumably it would delete it too and I assumed that whole thing would be part of the forum.

...What?

What do you not understand?

Yes. As david.atwell, so rightly put it, crawl back into your mother's womb and start over.

Yes. As david.atwell, so rightly put it, crawl back into your mother's womb and start over.

Tight fit? :?

Awkward journey...

What is with your obsessions with deleting files, sabrown? A spider/webcrawler only reads what's there. Why would it delete anything? It would simply need to iterate through each page of the forum and build its own database from that.

It wouldn't. But if it is a lesser post I presumed it would delete it rather than duplicate and thus spread it.

I've never met a spider that could tell the difference.

It wouldn't. But if it is a lesser post I presumed it would delete it rather than duplicate and thus spread it.

I've never met a spider that could tell the difference.

I didn't even think of it as a spider - just a macro.