Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

It seems like (for some people) computers only consist of A) An internet browser which to research with and B) word processors and spreadsheet software :roll:

And what is wrong with that? Those may be the only ways a computer can be of use to them.

A computer is a doorway into a vast world. Computers can be much more useful to anyone so long as they learn of what they can do. Limiting it to such simplistic tasks sets everyone's minds on "OK, a computer is only for this and [enter something here] which I heard about is just too advanced and I'll never learn it".

Ugh, sounds like all the computer classes I've ever taken. I could have probably taught the class and the teacher :P

same the teacher thinks were all as dumb as the chavs in the class who dont do anything and sit there going on ebay?! its like what the hell why would you want to go on ebay at school never mind at school at all??

anyway its like she thinks we dont know anything and is telling us how to rotate a text box in publisher!! i think i on my own knows more than she does!! all we use is word publisher and excell but damn its what im gonna take in my options but that means we will be doing more interesting and harder stuff :D

rant:(well i think its one?!) i have no idea what to take in my options :shock: :shock: we are an arts school so there are a lot of subjects that relate to art but i might take photography?!? but i dont understand why they dont do computer graphics they have like every adobe product and never use them!! its not like ive seen anything in the school that has used photoshop ... well one poster that says photoshop filters and shows you different colour types (greyscale, the one that makes things pink and the other ones) and they have all these things that are never used its so anoying!! and normally they allow us to take a disk home to get a program like microsoft publisher and word and all them things because the school is under a big license that lets each stundet be allowed "any" of the programs the school has but what do you know they wont let us have photoshop

Why am I bouncing off the walls right now?

1. I just completed my (what I consider it to be, anyway) best fractal yet. Check my dA and my latest dev entitled "Confetti".

2. Austin finished my vista website template :D

3. My forum's posting function is fixed *does a little dance*

anyway its like she thinks we dont know anything and is telling us how to rotate a text box in publisher!! i think i on my own knows more than she does!! all we use is word publisher and excell but damn its what im gonna take in my options but that means we will be doing more interesting and harder stuff :D

IMHO MS Office is one of the less good Microsoft products. Especially the WordArt tool.

1. I just completed my (what I consider it to be, anyway) best fractal yet. Check my dA and my latest dev entitled "Confetti".

And those are rants how exactly? :D

IMHO MS Office is one of the less good Microsoft products. Especially the WordArt tool.

I really like Ms Office 2007. Its just very easy to use, and it has great options. Yes, the "WordArt" tool sucks

I thought I posted this in the other thread....

I thought I posted this in the other thread....

:D I thought that might have been what happened.

Oh, don't do anything on my account.

Its not me that has a problem installing plugins.

further to my rant.... just off the phone again from the admissions office for education.

I asked for computor programming courses avail. another clerk tells me about the same two programs. so now my temperature is on a mildly more generous simmer. once again I explained yes thank you very much I know how to email already, I can work windows, excell, word, powerpoint etc etc already. I'm quite familiar with surfing the net. I just want to learn about writing the programs, to learn C# could she e mail me the courses avail.

well Bimbo and that's being polite says " do you have someone there that can help you download a pdf file? I can send it that way." at that point I said no, I don't really hung up the phone went to chapters and ordered a book. think it will be $$$$ better spent.

ciao OMA

further to my rant.... just off the phone again from the admissions office for education.

I asked for computor programming courses avail. another clerk tells me about the same two programs. so now my temperature is on a mildly more generous simmer. once again I explained yes thank you very much I know how to email already, I can work windows, excell, word, powerpoint etc etc already. I'm quite familiar with surfing the net. I just want to learn about writing the programs, to learn C# could she e mail me the courses avail.

well Bimbo and that's being polite says " do you have someone there that can help you download a pdf file? I can send it that way." at that point I said no, I don't really hung up the phone went to chapters and ordered a book. think it will be $$$$ better spent.

ciao OMA

People are so sterotypical these days.

Edit:

Sorry if that sounded sterotypical, I just proved my own point.

ciao OMA

People are so sterotypical these days.

Edit:

Sorry if that sounded sterotypical, I just proved my own point.

Ha Ha not at all I know exactly what you meant. Told my grandson when he came over after school, he laughed and said its probably because she doesn't know what C# is. Maybe I should just go apply for her job, as she's not the brightest bulb in the box.

Rant of the day: Installing plugins in Paint.NET

'nuf said.

'nuf said I better go check sounds like you've done some updates make sure I've the latest versions. Take heart maybe one or two will actually read the instructions on loading plugins or the ten posts before them and figure it out themselves.

ciao OMA

PS hope you are feeling better.

ciao OMA

Hahaha, stupid people make my day. I wonder if SHE could download a pdf file ;)

Rant of the day: Installing plugins in Paint.NET

Maybe I should start including installers with my plugins again.

That's fine, as long as you also give the option to download as a DLL.

Gas prices are too high. It's at 116.9 per litre up here now. That works out to be about $4.15USD per gallon. That's frickin ridiculous...

Our prices in Indiana (which tend toward the low end in the United States spectrum) are $3.27/gal. Ridiculous here, too.

Our prices in Indiana (which tend toward the low end in the United States spectrum) are $3.27/gal. Ridiculous here, too.

I wish I paid that price. Damn small customer base in Canada...

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

In India, it is about $7 a gallon now. Heh. I just watched History Channel and saw that one of the likely motives of Bush Sr. going to war with Iraq was to stop gas reaching $1.50/gal. Heh.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D

I ride the bus most of the time nowadays. :-)

---------

RANT: The Three Word Game was so nicely dead and almost buried! For almost a month! WHY did its idiocy have to afflict us again?!

Sanity cries every time someone posts in that thread. :-(