Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Myrddin: :shock: You must remember that we're all only nine, and we're not even meant to know about that.
That's the whole point, young people seem to find the notion of that wrong in every way, and to a certain extent, are right in thinking so (because of age, and the legal/social bindings associated with that and young age), hence, they'll run for the hills.

Or slap you and call you a pervert.

Why must you be a magnet? ;)

And if you're wondering why I'm referring to sex as 'that', it's because it feels wrong to type sex to a nine year old. Even if you are a knowledgeable nine year old. Very dodgy feeling.

WOOOO! I'm uglier than Rubrica! I so proud to be ugly - I don't care how I am

That's about the third time you said that...we know now that you dislike your outward appearance...

Maybe there are many other reasons why there are no girls admiring you...? Tell us your rants. :P

My rant: There are now 5 mad, deranged, insane girls. Carrerra, Erin, Louise, Georgia, and Alisha. The newest three are also bullies. Also, Carrerra has started the weird stuff again. I give up! What am I doing to make these people like me and stick to me like glue? I mean, there's Carrerra, who is pinching my cheeks and hugging me, Erin, who's making me feel guilty for her depression, Louise and Georgia, who are following me everywhere I go and being horrible to my best friends, and Alisha, who is like Louise and Georgia, but much, much worse, in that she punches my best friends when she thinks I won't notice, and used to bully me absolutely awfully.

Mike.Ryan: Should we make a thread like that? :D I mean, I suppose we could.

1. Yes, No hitting girls. (That is something one should never do!)

2. Did you try to just talk to them and let them know how you feel?

3. No talking about sex, cuz the girls might tell teachers and such to get you into trouble?

4. Tell your mom and dad?

5. Hire me as your bodyguard. :lol:

6. Or are you secretly liking this? :lol:

Myrddin: :shock: You must remember that we're all only nine, and we're not even meant to know about that.
That's the whole point, young people seem to find the notion of that wrong in every way, and to a certain extent, are right in thinking so (because of age, and the legal/social bindings associated with that and young age), hence, they'll run for the hills.

Or slap you and call you a pervert.

Why must you be a magnet? ;)

And if you're wondering why I'm referring to sex as 'that', it's because it feels wrong to type sex to a nine year old. Even if you are a knowledgeable nine year old. Very dodgy feeling.

Sorry, Myrddin. You already did :|

6. Or are you secretly liking this? :lol:

Are you sure you don't enjoy this attention? I think I would, but thats just 'cuz I have little friends. And I'm mentally deranged XD

I am not sexist, and choose to hit girls and guys equally.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Now, hitting on people is a completely different story. I'm very sexist in that matter ... :roll:

RANT: Um... GRR! :D

Yes, I am sure Pyro is the king of the highschool to which he belongs to :wink:

PFFFT!

yeah right.

I'm a programmer in a school of jocks. :roll:

I know what you mean. And it doesnt change one bit once your out of highschool. Try living in the Christian Belt/ Football Enslaved/ Beach Crazed area I live in and be a Taoist/ Programmer/ Geek. Needless to say I am not popular. I guess some things just dont change :D

Agreed.

Hehe, you just reminded me of the times me and my best friends used to start fights just to get people to look at us. I have no remorse for guys that can't take a kick in the shin.

:P

I'm a programmer in a school of jocks. :roll:
it doesnt change one bit once your out of highschool.

Oh, I don't know...

I saw the captian of the highschool football team the other day. Know what I said to him?

Yup... "bag my groceries, be-otch!" :mrgreen:

You'll have the last laugh, pyrochild, when you are making 10x their salary after highschool.

Am I surrounded by nerds? Or are you all kidding me when you say: "I'm teh uglinestess *whine*" "there are so many jocks bullying me *whine*²" "i get bullyed by girls" wtf xD

Did computer coding make you to be softies or what? I'm shocked...!

Am I surrounded by nerds?
No, you're surrounded by geeks. Some (most?) of us are enthusiastically knowledgeable about a certain field that take them out of the mainstream of society slightly, be it in programming or history. Ergo, geeks. Nerds are different, they're irritatingly obsessed about a subject and are single-minded. Geeks may try to apply their interest into the real world, for their own gain or others', nerds forthrightly do not. Nerds try too hard and fail miserably, 'geeks get it done'.

I love that line, and for the record, I for once saw that before it was cited on Wikipedia. Go me.

Thanks for this explanation, I've never seen any difference between geek and nerd...pale skin, glasses like glass bricks, strange three-day beard etc...

But there is actually no evidence - in my opinion - to be taken out of the mainstream (unvoluntarily as far as I interpret most of the postings here) because of enthusiastic knowledgement in a single domain, or am I wrong? Being a good programmer inevitable goes with being excluded by society?

@ this video:

What will be next?

Geek Wars I: Revenge of the jocks

Geek Wars II: The geeks strike back

Geek Wars III: Return of the master geek

Thanks for this explanation, I've never seen any difference between geek and nerd...pale skin, glasses like glass bricks, strange three-day beard etc...

Thwaps Max Power for the stereotype

Geeks are just like everybody else. Only smarter. :-)

david.atwell: Thank you for that, I didn't want to have to thwap him myself.

Myrddin: Thank you! A person who think the same way as I do! I think you're perfectly right.

Max Power: If you like, I can find you a photo of me so you know what I look like, and that not all geeks look like that.

If you like, I can find you a photo of me so you know what I look like, and that not all geeks look like that.

you are nine...time will tell :P

I'm so prejudiced :B... and I was thwaped by david...damn =(

If you ask me, the only people who use geek or nerd to describe a person beyond the mildly joking is just misogynistic owing to his or her lack of intelligence, the factor that makes people eligible to be called geek or nerd. Hence, I actually take it as a compliment. Or maybe I'm just odd like that...