Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Same here. Still, at least I excel in my maths - I got a 5b in my most recent test, and I'm in year five.

When you do you're SAT's in year 6, you'll definitely be getting a Level 5 in maths then. :P (5 is the highest in the year 6 SATs.)

Same here. Still, at least I excel in my maths - I got a 5b in my most recent test, and I'm in year five.

When you do you're SAT's in year 6, you'll definitely be getting a Level 5 in maths then. :P (5 is the highest in the year 6 SATs.)

I know. I'm looking forward to my maths SATS, year 6 and 10. But this is getting too happy, so let's take it to The Sanctuary, which is at the time of posting this, is ironically right next to the rants thread. :D

@ Javert: It may be for a good reason that you hate Bossk, but do you actually know anything about him? Have you considered that he may be more intelligent than you think? Have you considered that you might be wrong sometimes?

I not defending him, or attacking you - I am just trying to bring some objectivity to this argument.

He says he tried to load a Gamecube game on an xBox 360 - that's either stupid beyond words, or a troll. The other fact that he uses Photoshop on an SVGA resolution screen is so stupid as to almost have to be a troll.

As for me being wrong, it might be the case, but my internal error-checking is of rather high quality (although I have had a few to many false positives on my Troll-o-meter in the past).

Stomach Flu

Hahahaha, that was actually really good. I chuckled at that one (though it isn't really much of a happy post) :D

AAAAH! It's the apocalypse! First Myrddin's grammar, then pyro agreeing with sabrown, and now laughter in the rants thread! AAH!

My rant: The apocalypse is coming! RUN!

I know. I'm looking forward to my maths SATS, year 6 and 9. But this is getting too happy, so let's take it to The Sanctuary, which is at the time of posting this, is ironically right next to the rants thread. :D

Anyways, onto the actual rant, I have a damn headache. And it hurts.

I know. I'm looking forward to my maths SATS, year 6 and 9. But this is getting too happy, so let's take it to The Sanctuary, which is at the time of posting this, is ironically right next to the rants thread. :D

Anyways, onto the actual rant, I have a damn headache. And it hurts.

Odd, I was always told it was year ten. Maybe it's just that I've been counting YrR as Yr1, instead of Yr1 as Yr1.

Maybe it's just that I've been counting YrR as Yr1, instead of Yr1 as Yr1.
Assuming that you are referring to YrR as Reception (what it was (is?) called back in the heyday), then that is not usually classed as an academic year as ≥Yr1 is.

Yr1 is when the basic academics are taught (literally '1+1='), whereas Reception is like a kickabout in school, a place to meet other children and for parents to become acquainted with the prospect of school for their child, before the full schooling year begins - an ice breaker, for the lack of better terminology.

So, yes, Andrew is correct, Year 9 will be when you sit your final SATs*, the results of which are usually used to gauge the basis of your GCSE learning - i.e. lower, intermediate or higher tier. (Students of the intermediate and higher tiers are usually grouped together, but not always the case if further segregation is employed at the school.)

*unless law changes this, too.

Maybe it's just that I've been counting YrR as Yr1, instead of Yr1 as Yr1.
Assuming that you are referring to YrR as Reception (what it was (is?) called back in the heyday), then that is not usually classed as an academic year as ≥Yr1 is.

Yr1 is when the basic academics are taught (literally '1+1='), whereas Reception is like a kickabout in school, a place to meet other children and for parents to become acquainted with the prospect of school for their child, before the full schooling year begins - an ice breaker, for the lack of better terminology.

So, yes, Andrew is correct, Year 9 will be when you sit your final SATs*, the results of which are usually used to gauge the basis of your GCSE learning - i.e. lower, intermediate or higher tier. (Students of the intermediate and higher tiers are usually grouped together, but not always the case if further segregation is employed at the school.)

*unless law changes this, too.

Exactly what I meant.

I'm depressed. My girlfriend just broke up with me, and she said it at one of the worst times possible! I had just kissed her and asked "do you love me?", and after a 10 second pause, she replied "I do love you, but as a friend. I think we should break up."

:(

Damn.

Dude, that sucks.

But, look at the bright side... you now have more time for Paint.NET!

It is that time of year...

I've noticed that a great deal of breakups occur in the early Spring. :-/ Always tough. Sorry to hear it, uH.

Warning, the following post contains teenage relationships and alike

Well on the topic of relationships, I've got this really close friend of mine that I've fallen for. We get along really well together and have a really strong friendship together, closer than her and her boyfriend even. And it is there where the problem lies, she's already got a boyfriend and they've been together for years now. I just don't know what to do about it, whether to tell her that I like her and see if anything happens and how she reacts to it or to just let it be and see how it all pans out without any help from me.

Any ideas?

ahh yes...the ol' damned if you do, and damned if you don't situation.

my 2¢...tell her...either way she reacts, it will save you turmoil years later from wondering "what would've happened if..."

if she's a true friend she will respect you for it, and still remain a friend (or more).

been there, done that sort of situation for me.

My rant: ANOTHER mad, deranged, insane girl. :D This time her name's Erin (the first was Carrerra), and this time she's just gone and e-mailed me saying "Do you want to date me?". She's a nice girl, but 1) I am not looking for a girlfriend. 2) She is obsessed in dragons. 3) She is convinced I am a dragon. I said no (in a kind way, of course), but now she gets random mood swings, and people have spread rumours that my e-mail actually said something along the lines of "Dragons are not real, dragons are not real, dragons are not real." over and over again, without punctuation and in caps. I've explained to her why I said no, and tried to stop the rumours, but I'm still stuck.