Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

My Z key stopped working. My name is Zach. This is going to get really annoying...

Keyboards are, like, $5 at Wal-Mart.

wow, that means, according to google currency converter, $5 = £2.56. (£2.56 is a really little amount of money)

Only thing is in the UK, unless you're really lucky, you'll never see a keyboard for sale that cheap.

My Z key stopped working. My name is Zach. This is going to get really annoying...

It's my laptop.

Oh. :roll: That's very bad.

I feel sorry for you - now what do you do?!

wow, that means, according to google currency converter, $5 = £2.56. (£2.56 is a really little amount of money)

Only thing is in the UK, unless you're really lucky, you'll never see a keyboard for sale that cheap.

All of my keyboards have been that price.

All of my keyboards have been that price.

£2.56 (aprox) for a keyboard. WHAT THE . . . !?

You're lucky to have keyboards that cheap.

**Groans** I don't want to go to school. :evil: I hate school. :twisted: :twisted:

You don't really need Google for the conversion between USD and GBP (and vice versa), because GBP is practically half that of USD.

And Rubrica is not wrong, the cheapest I can find right now is £4.44 from Argos (~$8.88), but Argos is not the benchmark for price, so reason dictates that you'd be able to find one cheaper elsewhere.

It's my laptop.

What, you don't have a PS/2 port? Or maybe a USB port?

:D

Haha, I was replying to David's post. Lol*!

*I rarely use such terminology, but this is the Internet, and expressing emotion is relatively impossible without occasional use of such words.

3 fixes

1 use on screen keyboard

2 find a Z. copy it. paste as needed

3 buy new keyboard

3 fixes

1 use on screen keyboard

2 find a Z. copy it. paste as needed

3 buy new keyboard

4. Reassign another unused key to be "Z".

Here's a Z, if you'd like it:

Z

And lowercase, if you find the need:

z

Sadly, I don't know how you're going to manage an easy undo...

If you can't figure out how to do that, you could always use another symbol while typing and do a Global Search & Replace with a copied Z later.

Or, you could actually CLEAN your keyboard once in a while. :D

If you can't figure out how to do that, you could always use another symbol while typing and do a Global Search & Replace with a copied Z later.

Or, you could actually CLEAN your keyboard once in a while. :D

As noted above, twice (once by david atwell and once by yours truly), I already fixed it. And it had nothing to do with being clean or dirty - it had far more to do with my cat thinking it's fun to peel keys off of keyboards, and then run off with, not the key itself, but the little rubber circle button thingamabob. I found a replacement from my really really old laptop. I didn't think it would work, but it did.