17 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

COVID-19 is back in New Zealand. I suppose it was only a matter on time, but ......MEH.

Yep - it's everywhere :(

17 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I'm left handed. 

Every left handed person I know - is wicked smart 😁

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So, everyone knows about the saying, 'it never rains, but it pours'!

It's true.  Last Friday we had another pipe burst in our building - it was what's known as dirty water, in our master bedroom/bathroom.  It happened to 6 other floors too, but ours was the worst affected.  Everything has to be replaced.  Walls, floors, carpets & tiles in each room.  Then painting and new ceiling and base boards.  Luckily our insurance will cover the costs, but we had a $2,500.00 deductible 🤪

Then today the cat got sick and we had to take her to the pet emergency clinic.  Bill - $1,400.00 😬

What will be next 😃

But kitty doing well, on a pain killer and antibiotics.  She's as high as kite right now 🤣

• Like 1
On 8/29/2020 at 9:42 PM, Pixey said:

but we had a $2,500.00 deductible

Will you be able to claim it back from the insurers of the 3rd party ?  I know I did after my last Fender Bender.  

Either way what a horrible thing to happen.  Water can be so destructive, especially the brown stuff.  

My rant is pretty insignificant but after turning everywhere upside down looking for a mitre block I had/ used 2 days ago ... someone saying, "It's got to be somewhere ..." is not helpful at all.  In fact, it's downright stating the obvious.  

Hi @barbieq25 and @welshblue The $2,500 deductible cannot be reclaimed, it's how our insurance works and, unfortunately, there is no one owner who caused this.  It's just life living in an older building and you-know-what happens.  Luckily the insurance will cover the replacement of everything 👍

Also, turns out there was nothing wrong with the cat, her problem was put down to the stress of all the workers in here and the noise.  In cats this is manifested by getting cystitis.  If it had been any other day she got sick, we would not have had to go to the emergency clinic.  They charged 4 times what our ordinary vet charges 😬

@welshblue The best advice when you can't find something, is to go back to where you originally thought it was.  This has often worked for me 😁

@Pixey ... both those things suck.  I hope your cat recovers soon.  

As for

4 hours ago, Pixey said:

is to go back to where you originally thought it was

nah it's gone.  The only explanation is a someone nabbed it from the back garden.  No big deal to replace it for a few quid, but it's the fact someone's had me over.

I don't like that.

Could be worse I guess, I went down Souff Wales last week to visit some friends, he's currently suffering mental health problems and deemed it a good idea to move 9K from his safe and put it somewhere 'safe'.  Now he has no idea where and they've had a massive clear out since ... they think it's gone to landfill