Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

@welshblue

Basic decency is increasingly being thrown out of the window.  I don't know why people film instead of trying to help.  Did that homeless man make it?

As for my rant, I have two...I botched a trimming job on my beard and had to shave my face.  The beard made me look older, wiser, and now...I look like I am in my 20s!  Grrr! 

unnamed.jpg

Second rant...sore throat started yesterday, and that is always a warning sign a cold is coming.  Sigh.  I bloody potato hate cold.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TrevorOutlaw said:

Did that homeless man make it?

Yeah mate he did.  Thankfully

She's only lost one patient in 18 months of training and that was 2 year old lil' boy which hit her pretty hard for a while

Seriously bad news about the beard 😐 (Sorry can't help laughing)

Happened to me once with an eyebrow using hair clippers to trim them and the comb fell off ... looked a right freak.  

Hopefully the cold won't hang around if you get one

Edited by welshblue

3 hours ago, welshblue said:

Seriously bad news about the beard 😐 (Sorry can't help laughing)

Yeah, my wife was cracking up pretty good when I stepped out of the shower after shaving.  Mind you, I haven't shaved my face clean since I was in high school, over 20 years ago, and I always had various facial hair, but never clean shaven.  I just like the sophisticated look beard give.

Rant:  this past week, due to the snow storm, my power was out for 4 straight days. 

Then it was on for a day. 

Now, due to the 2 new feet of snow we got yesterday, the power is out again. 

AND

I couldn’t drive to my house tonight because the roads hadn’t been plowed and a huge tree had fallen across the road to my house!

:arrow-up: I thought you lived in California :lol: You've had more power outs than my daughter in South Africa 🤣.  Oh ........ I forgot you have PG&E 😱

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

Oh ........ I forgot you have PG&E 😱

Exactly!

I've been watching it on the news ... I must admit you's all cope with it better than us in the UK.  3 flakes and it's panic buying, 3" and it's at a standstill

Stay safe, if not warm ... 

5 hours ago, welshblue said:

3 flakes and it's panic buying, 3" and it's at a standstill

You evidently haven't been to Virginia.  Whenever the weather report says snow is in the offing, there's a mad stampede to the grocery stores and the shelves get cleaned out as if the Apocalypse was coming.  Then...you have those yahoos who think sport car or those driving fancy Hummer (H2 or H3) thinking they can go no problem in snow and only get stuck because...they are dumb.  It gets worse with tractor-trailers.  I am glad Pennsylvania banned tractor-trailers in their state when a monster snowstorm heads to the New England region.

In North Carolina, there was a snow that dropped several inches of snow, and you would think those city folks would know how to drive in snow.  L-O-L.  One yahoo decided to redline his engine and it combusted into flames, destroying his Camaro.  The Internet had a field day with making meme out of the photograph.

Here's one example and it get me cracking every time.

GlenewoodAveMemes.jpg

pauldouglas_1483668628_colorado.GIF

• Like 1

Those images are priceless @TrevorOutlaw!  :lol:    We Northerners laugh...a snowstorm in a southern city will grind that city to a halt.

In Pennsylvania, we just keep on truckin'.  Not to say there aren't any accidents.

Just 3 weeks ago we had a 'substantial' snow event. I travel a 33-mile stretch of Interstate 79 to get to work...there were 5 accidents along that stretch,

mainly 'fender-benders', though, a couple looked totaled.

Regardless of being able to drive in snowy conditions, Spring can't get here soon enough!

• Upvote 1

It appears that a certain commercial image editor will be updated to use the Paint.NET G'MIC executable because the G'MIC authors are no longer distributing compiled versions of the G'MIC-Qt  standalone app on Windows.

I tried to tell one of the developers of that program that I will be changing how Paint.NET communicates with the G'MIC executable in a future version.

But it appears that they think it is easier to use my Paint.NET executable than to do the correct thing and build the standalone version from source. 😕

20 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Will this affect your plugin?  :|

The Paint.NET version of G'MIC-Qt is not intended for use by other applications, so if another application is using it I will not let that stop me from making any changes.

I am currently investigating how to make the Apply button work like in GIMP or Krita, where it shows a preview on the canvas (like most other PDN plugins).

The one issue with this is that after you press Apply the plugin cannot be canceled,  you would have to use undo in the :WindowHistory: History window after the plugin closes.

• Like 1