Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Hey Kemura you haven't mentioned how you damaged your knee but how is your riding position, when peddling your knee should be directly above your ankles if your knees are to close together or splayed out you will put unnecessary pressure on the ligaments. My sister used to suffer from a bad knee but once she sorted out her riding position it went away.

• Upvote 1

Both of my knees are bad, so I sometimes use either 100% woolen knee supports (I cut mine off the sleeves from my brother's old woolen sweater), Tubi-grip things sold for diabetics, or I use Bengay for my knees. Odd or not, I have to be pain-free. :)

My position is fine I guess, it doesn't hurt almost at all when I'm cycling, but still, I guess it puts strain on it. It only hurts when I'm walking. I don't know how the pain started but I think it was after I walked a total of 21km ≈ 13mi after a week of zero exercise. Going to get it checked today hopefully. :)

E: Went this morning with my mom. The nurse told me to take painkillers 3 times a day for a week, and to maybe avoid walking to school for a while.

Edited by Kemaru

Oh no @Doughty - I am so sorry to hear this.  I have such a terrible time when one of mine passes - my thoughts are with you tears.gif .        I'm sure kitty was very happy in your home though when she was living, and that's what counts :) .

The word "either." How the !@$% do you explain it? You might be tempted at first to say it means "one or the other," but wait! It can also mean "one AND the other." For example I can say, "There's a sidewalk on either side of the road," and we would all understand that I'm saying there's a sidewalk on each side of the road and not that it's on one side and I don't know which. And before you get any smart ideas, here's another example: "You may sit on either side of the table." What the...you want me to sit on both sides of the table at once? Nope! Just one. For no particular reason, we've decided the word means something else for this sentence.

So the word "either" means either "any" or "each," but there's no explanation as to when to use either definition. We're just expected to know...and we DO know. We don't know why, but we just know. And now I'm stuck trying to explain that to my foreign roommate. I hereby declare the use of the word "either" to be ambiguous and ban its use in all formal writing. You can either agree with me or remain in a state of blissful denial, but not both...because using "either" in this context would, just to make things stupidly complicated, have been incorrect.

<insert four-letter expletive of your choosing here> English

Beautiful language ain't it? ;)  Cobbled together from other languages and with more exceptions and contradictions than you can name.

Biannual.  Every two years or half-yearly?  According to the dictionary, the latter.  So a Biped has half a leg right? Nope :roll:

Best English word: defenestration

If you put it in terms of the number of occurrences per year, it works out :)

Defenstration...what Google had to say about it:

noun

formal humorous

1. the action of throwing someone or something out of a window.

Formal AND humorous :lol: I need to add this to my day-to-day vocabulary...

The kid who says you should not hit dogs has a valid point. And I have to agree with #7 - good call! The question in #10 isn't specific - it should be "In what city was the American Declaration of Independence signed". ;)

My favourite has to be #14 where "illiterate" is the only word spelled correctly. :D

I'm sure my daughter answered some of the questions.  She's a straight A student but the teachers buzz off her and send her to one another to ask one of her oddball questions.

One of the latest was if you mated a rhino with a horse would you get an unicorn ?  

A rant.  When you lend things to people why can't they look after things.  And how difficult is it to give extension leads back untangled ... a figure 8 is sooo easy to do.  Hold the plug in one hand and then weave it around both arms.  Then wrap the small excess around the middle to keep it together !  Simples

how difficult is it to give extension leads back untangled ... a figure 8 is sooo easy to do.  Hold the plug in one hand and then weave it around both arms.  Then wrap the small excess around the middle to keep it together !  Simples

Here's a much better way:

A rant.  When you lend things to people why can't they look after things.  And how difficult is it to give extension leads back untangled ... a figure 8 is sooo easy to do.  Hold the plug in one hand and then weave it around both arms.  Then wrap the small excess around the middle to keep it together !  Simples

On that note, never lend me an extension lead. I always get tangled in one of those. I'm sure those things are out to get me.

Just pulled an all-nighter to work on two pieces that are part of a preliminary examination to a university. They'll determine whether I'm good enough to take the entrance exam by looking at some dung I made in one night >____> better than nothing

Just pulled an all-nighter to work on two pieces that are part of a preliminary examination to a university. They'll determine whether I'm good enough to take the entrance exam by looking at some dung I made in one night >____> better than nothin

That was hilarious.

We had substitute bus driver today, and he was horrible. He drove like a maniac (like he learned how to drive from playing GTA), and he was a lunatic!

He screamed at some kid because he was "out of his seat while the bus was moving". The only reason he was out of his seat was because he was literally thrown out of the seat by the bus driver's "turn", which was more like him trying to do doughnuts with the bus!

BTW, the regular bus driver is a very kind person, and he actually knows how to drive.