Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

I personally have no idea why winter makes people grumpy... I stay my jolly self year-round B)

I've not seen too many foreign (for me) Snickers commercials around...Might just have to look more up in my free time :)

Everyone needs a Mars bar & a lovely latte :D

I forgot what a Mars bar was, so I checked Wikipedia...

The British Mars is very similar to the United States Milky Way bar, which Mars, Inc. produced (not to be confused with the European version of Milky Way, which is similar to the United States' 3 Musketeers).

smiley-confused009.gif

Edited by Daniels

A friend of mine asked me to design a few cars before the weekend for this racing game we play... It's very easy since the cars are pretty small.

Thanks Barbie! :D I've been playing around with shading effects to give it a sort of mirrored look. So far it's worked out pretty well! Here's an emote someone sent me this which I made into an animated emote of grumpy cat. lol

8md.gif

• Upvote 3

I'm a bit disappointed that the weather has turned chillier again, after a week of spring-like weather. It's snowing again too. Oh well, I guess I should be happy that I get another chance at ice skating, since I thought I missed it.

I'm a bit disappointed that the weather has turned chillier again, after a week of spring-like weather. It's snowing again too. Oh well, I guess I should be happy that I get another chance at ice skating, since I thought I missed it.

I have just the opposite problem. It got significantly warmer where I'm at, so all the snow is turning to slush and now it's a generally mushy and disgusting place to be in...

Why do some people go out of their way to over-stylize their text? Plain text was easy to read and got your point across just fine, thank you. The clashing colors, changing text sizes, and random italics are a real pain on my retinas.

What about marquees? :D GIFs? Ew...

rant: the Parliament of Finland held its first session on the Marriage Equality Initiative yesterday. We have this new way of legislation that was introduced two years ago: citizens can propose an initiative, and if it gets more than 50,000 endorsements by voters, then it will be dealt with as would be with any other bill. The initiative was signed by almost 167 000 people.

The reason I'm dismayed is that the debate was terrible. The proponents were brilliant, although one member of parliament tearfully said something about his brother's suicide, and I thought it was too pathetic for the debate. And by pathetic, I mean it appealed too much to emotion. The opponents had no sensible arguments whatsoever and it was just a farce, and many of them had to be reminded what the debate was about as they seemed to sway off the course. A lot.

Rant: we just found out that our 9-year-old son has Type 1 diabetes. :(

This means for him: 6 finger pricks and 4-5 shots per day... every day... for the rest of his life.

Not to mention all the carb counting... ugh.

Sorry to hear that, BoltBait. Type I diabetes is tough :( There was a diabetic kid in our 3rd grade class. I didn't quite understand the severity at the time, and I always found it interesting when he measured his blood sugar.

In the not-so-far-future, I hope that inventions like this ease the lives of diabetics such as your son.

Of all the millions of things that could go permanently wrong with a persons body, I'm just glad it isn't fatal. While in the hospital we saw many kids way worse off than him.

He's a real trooper. We're dealing with it.

• Upvote 2

That sucks. I really hate needles myself (I can't watch even when it's someone else getting the prick), and I can't imagine having to stick myself with one that many times every day.

Rant: we just found out that our 9-year-old son has Type 1 diabetes. :(

This means for him: 6 finger pricks and 4-5 shots per day... every day... for the rest of his life.

Not to mention all the carb counting... ugh.

Hmmm... could be more than 6 finger pricks per day.  It took me 3 before lunch just to get the machine to work right.  Sorry, big guy!

Insulin shots are less hurty than those blood checks. For insulin dependent diabetics, the checks are vital for knowing how much/type to administer.

Thankfully we have come a long way.

Hubby always asks me what I think it will be...it is a small thing but gives me the incentive to do it. I get pretty good at it. 

Knowing how the body is doing will be important for your 'lil trooper. 

Carb counting will be good for the whole family :D We'll see a slimmer trimmer BB :D

Strip or machine mal-function sux big-time!

@pdnnoob, after a while you get so good at giving yourself insulin that you don't even feel it...there is a knack to it & the needles now are superfine. The sides of the fingers are much less sensitive than the tips for doing the blood checks but the short but fat "jabber" still smarts. 

Sorry to hear this @BB - it must have been an awful shock for your son (as well as yourselves).  Hopefully it will become 2nd nature to give the shots ...... in time!

Sorry about your bad news Boltbait. My aunt has that so I know what a pain it can be vhaving to watch what you eat and all. Chin up.

My rant is with win8 (no surprise there then) . Just had to refresh my laptop because an update to Windows essentials completely screwed up my internet connection. Could not get online at all. So now I am back with Win8 instead of 8.1 and have to install all my programs again . At the moment I am on my Nexus 7 while the laptop catches up on all the windows updates - 673.5Mb of them! After this I am seriously tempted to just go back to my old Win7 laptop. Needs a new battery but at least the OS is far better.

^ reading stuff like this makes me a little bit happy that I moved to Apple's suite... Not trying to insinuate that it is perfect — looks outdated compared to ios7 and other operating systems, no freaking ethernet port, adapter costs 30€,  thunderbolt-to-hdmi cost 40€, non-upgradable... no pdn! I am happy with my choice but I just wish they churned 3rd party cheap knock-offs of these things a little bit faster.

rant: well, all of the above, also iDeleted iMovie to clear some space and now if iWant it back it's 14€. well played Apple, well played.