Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

thanks Welshy! I've been working on a series of images like that but the other pieces are probably not so family-friendly. And thank you to you too Barbie, post super nova has been one of my most popular pieces over on my Facebook – got me a commission as a matter of fact.

rant: My body reminded me today why getting drunk is not a good idea.

We had a fun board game night last night. We played Scrabble, missed first place by 3 points, and Trivial Pursuit, in which I proudly finished last. Somehow I managed to drink about 250 mL of peppermint vodka — that's roughly half a pint and approximately 1 US cup. I have no idea how... as far as I can tell I took little sips and not that many! 

No hangover headache fortunately, but my mouth is as dry as the desert.

Edited by Kemaru
  • Upvote 1

Rant: Right now, I have to look for another image hosting site. A good one... ¬¬

Edited by Beta0

@Kemaru - Thank God those days of hangovers for me, are a thing of the past.

@Beta - Yup - we all have had to look around for new image hosting sites from time-to-time.  Good luck.  Have you tried Imgur?

My rant:  In a house with three cats (OK - so one is blind) we have discovered a resident mouse in the kitchen.  Sent away for a humane mouse trap, as we could not face shooting, poisoning it and last night loaded it with cheese and into the cupboard it went!

This morning ............. cheese gone, trap fallen to pieces, no sign of mouse.  Think we can get our £3 back from Amazon?

The mouse is back to file copyright claims on his photograph in your signature...

Spent six hours working on homework last night and was quite relieved when I finally finished. Showed up to class today and...what luck. My only class in which the professor doesn't accept late work was the one I had forgotten to do homework for.

pdnnoob, that sux. If that professor could see the funny post you made in response to Pixey, I am sure s/he would relent :P I would!

Pixey, I had to laugh at the shooting the mouse. I did that once. My son dared me to shoot a mouse that was running about under the steps to the shed. "Bet you can't hit that running target Mum!" He went & got the air rifle (no need for overkill). One less mouse in this world :D 

I still think the old wooden traps are the best. They generally give a quick clean kill. Peanut butter & vanilla essence are irresistible :D

Rain & rain & rain. I asked everyone for a little bit...guess I must have asked too many people. Cyclone Dylan in now just a rain depression. Just looking out my study window - shade cloth over my greenhouse flapping in the gale force winds. 

Got up at 1:43am (that's what the alarm clock said) & wondered why I was so awake & it was so bright! We lost power for 4 hours...

It's the weekend...you can stop raining now!

Pixey ... you must have caught This Fellow

BarbieQ' ... what's the saying, be careful what you wish for ?  

We're having rain, rain, winds and 4 degree C warmth ... I wonder if there's snow on the way.  It's been a weird winter.  Only 3 mornings of frost so far.  

Hopefully the rain won't cause you too many problems

@Beta - Yup - we all have had to look around for new image hosting sites from time-to-time.  Good luck.  Have you tried Imgur?

My rant:  In a house with three cats (OK - so one is blind) we have discovered a resident mouse in the kitchen.  Sent away for a humane mouse trap, as we could not face shooting, poisoning it and last night loaded it with cheese and into the cupboard it went!

This morning ............. cheese gone, trap fallen to pieces, no sign of mouse.  Think we can get our £3 back from Amazon?

I did. It was when I had another account in an art-related site. Every image I uploaded was automatically hosted by Imgur. Sadly, the site is gone, and it has been replaced by a Japanese site. Just checked it out as I wrote this comment.

I checked what Imgur has to offer. But, what really bothers me is that, if an image doesn't have even a single view for six months...it will be deleted. It sounds silly, but I'm worried about that. :S

*reads rant* What? Oo

Edited by Beta0

Maybe I'm actually an android but I just spend 20 minutes trying to pass a CAPTCHA. Must have cycled through a hundred images and not a one of them was remotely readable.

I checked what Imgur has to offer. But, what really bothers me is that, if an image doesn't have even a single view for six months...it will be deleted. It sounds silly, but I'm worried about that. :S

Where do you see that? I'm looking at this page and it says:

How long do you keep the images?

Images will never be removed unless they violate the terms of service or DMCA laws, or are requested to be removed by the owner.

I did. It was when I had another account in an art-related site. Every image I uploaded was automatically hosted by Imgur. Sadly, the site is gone, and it has been replaced by a Japanese site. Just checked it out as I wrote this comment.

*reads rant* What? Oo

@Beta - Most of my images in My Gallery are on Imgur and have been for more than a year.  They are still showing up alright - thus far :)

Where do you see that? I'm looking at this page and it says:

I checked Wikipedia. There was a cite note. And, then, I went here.

As long as images are getting at least 1 view every 6 months, they will stick around forever. After that, your image may be removed to create more space for newer images.

...And, in that same page, I found out I worried for nothing. *facepalm*

Every time an image is loaded, it counts as 1 view. This includes images that are hot-linked or embedded on other sites. The views are not unique, and even count when you refresh and the image has to load again.

*sigh*

@Beta - Most of my images in My Gallery are on Imgur and have been for more than a year.  They are still showing up alright - thus far :)

I'll think about it. :]

The winter weather might have something to do with it. It`s a well known fact that we are happier when it`s sunny  - I am anyway!  B)

I love winter. It's snowboarding season!
  • Upvote 1

I hate winter. It's log chopping season :D

I miss that. I LOVE chopping wood!

Firewood warms you 4 times:

1. Collecting it.

2. Chopping it.

3. Stacking it.

4. Carting it inside.

People are grumpy here too & we are in the middle of summer...

Everyone needs a Mars bar & a lovely latte :D