Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Rant:

Man, New Years seem very uneventful in recent years.

It kinda lost the spirit to me. 

I haven't found anything good to get busy on.

I too get sick of being in front of a screen, 6 hours a day..

Welshy, that is really bad. Shaping up to you? What a twit.

Ishi, 13 hours working in the garden...looks great but my back is seriously hurting. 

Welshy, that is really bad. Shaping up to you? What a twit.

Ishi, 13 hours working in the garden...looks great but my back is seriously hurting. 

Well I wish I had a garden like yours. Spend an hour or two, grab some biscuits and a nice cup of tea of coffee.

Maybe, plant some flowers, some herbs and take some floral photography which I was doing with a mere digital camera.

Ishi, sounds good to me. I have a bit left to do but if you pop over & help then we will get it done in an hour & have some biscuits & coffee in the nursery/greenhouse. We can admire the beautiful plants, discuss macro photography & edit our shots in PDN. 

If only it were than easy :D

I'm a nature lover. What can I say?

I have edited some of my floral photography with PDN, mainly to blur the background and adjust the colors because my digital camera doesn't do it as well as an expensive DSLR would.

Our front yard doesn't have a huge portion of land left to it and isn't very fertile so I envy my auntie's garden. I got me some cosmos flower seeds which I doubt would ever grow when it was growing wildly on her yard. I just love the bright orange color of it and I want me some pink ones too. The best ones we have in our yard is the red ixora flower because it would just fill the hedge on April and May as if it was a bed of red flowers. I had the habit of taking pictures of other people's plants on a sunny day, many of which were the hibiscus flowers. The colors were just so inspiring to me, artistically.

Did myself some blog posts about it but haven't posted anything new there since last March.

I wish I could get myself a better camera too...

So, this past week, the temperature has been lower in Indiana than it was almost everywhere on Earth that isn't a pole.  -40° windchill - and at that temperature, it's the same in Fahrenheit and Celsius.

David, I don't know what is worse - excessive heat or cold. Either way I hope you all get some relief.

It has/is raining here & the temps are 20 deg C cooler. Thanks to all who sent a bit of rain our way :D

Who does that? Seriously. I've made my views on punishment, violence and vengeance clear, but I wish these people, once in a nursing home, get similar treatment to see how shocking their behaviour was.

rant: was just about to fetch a package from the post office but it started snowing

Who wouldn't love to spend 15 minutes alone with one of these ... 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-25676842

That's infuriating... It's a shame that there's no way of screening this type of person before hiring them... If there's no history, a background check isn't gonna pick up violent tendencies. Just sad.

An issue close to my heart & home Welshy. Totally agree. 40 hours of community service. What a joke. How about 40 hours in a wheelchair, unable to move from the waist down & limited speech. Bet that would turn her into the best darned care-giver anyone ever saw. 

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking they're despicable

The mad/bad/sad thing is ...  rarely is someone held accountable and if they are; they sue for wrongful dismissal and end up with 6 figure payouts.

It's bad enough living in a nanny state but when cars join in, it's going totally mental

i can jump in my car and a big warning flashes - Caution Risk of Ice ... Really ?  That's why my fingers are blue from scraping the windscreen

The daftest one, I discovered mine has a speed warning alarm which I inadvertently set - finding out when you're alongside another car is not ideal.  The poor bloke must have thought I was having a stroke I jumped so much.

I can imagine the insurance company - How did the RTC occur ?  Me:  My car scared me by shouting at me for going too fast

C'mon treat us with a bit of common sense.  if you don't know how fast you're going should you really be in charge of a killing machine ?  

worst new years ever... 

spent it mostly alone missing my gf, someone I've known for years, that was too busy sleeping with some dude she just met while high and drunk to say hello to me, let alone wish a happy new years... why do people do that kind of thing? Is a few seconds of pleasure from some stranger really worth throwing away a bond lasting years longer? Apparently it was to her... :(

she realized it was a huge mistake of course, I even had forgiven her, told her to be with him if he was in her heart so she did which I supported as if I couldn't be the one to bring her happiness, I would gladly support the person that does... In the end, she ended up getting played herself as the guy had a wife and used my ex to get his jealous... which sadly worked. I wanted to laugh but didn't as it would have been inconsiderate of me.

I was stuck comforting the person I love who cheated on me, which is in love with someone else who cheated on both her and his wife who's trying to comfort him... worst part is she kept taking her frustration out on me so I just backed off completely and now we don't even speak... ugh you can't get this kind of drama on cable TV.

/end rant

Edited by RFX

Not sure what to say mate.  Except it does get better.

My psychobiatch of an ex was the most possessive woman alive - I couldn't even talk to a girl on a checkout without her kicking off ... gawd help me if a pretty woman came on TV.

Then she developed leg problems when I was working away - mainly she couldn't keep them shut

The long and the short, she did me a huge favour; I met a stunningly beautiful woman who's as attractive on the inside as she is on the eyes ... and 21 years later I can honestly say I can count the arguments we've had in that time on one hand - and that's the hand I've lost a couple of digits on

Keep smiling and even if things don't happen for a reason, it's better to find some things out before they can take the house ;)

Edit - I didn't care about the house but trashing my vinyl collection - totally unforgivable

Edited by welshblue
  • Upvote 2

This is why I highly value your words Welsh, thanks as it's totally appreciated! There's so much more to the story but for the sake of the forum, I'll spare the ranting and just say that I see it as a lesson learned. I needed to be in this situation to see where I was in life and where I want to be. It's motivated me to return to uni and finish up a few other things I've put off for years.

In the big picture, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger and it certainly did work in my case. lol

Tomorrow is another day. - UKF / Modestep

Edited by RFX

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A pound of cute isn't worth an ounce of crazy. (Or if you're on the metric system, a half kilo of cute isn't worth 30g of crazy).

My wife is 100lbs of cute and hasn't got a crazy cell in her body. I am a very lucky guy.

Like Welshy said, it gets better. When you find the right one. If you find the right one. :-)

EDIT: Right, this is Rants. I guess my only related negative thing would be that I went through so many crazies before I found her.

• Upvote 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A pound of cute isn't worth an ounce of crazy.

What a great saying ... but maybe just a 'teenth of crazy to keep things interesting

Yep agreed.  And definitely on the lighter side rather than the darker

I think the best relationship advice I'd ever give is to avoid water beds ... less chance of drifting apart ... 

• Upvote 1

Sorry mate

Seems my puns are upsetting everyone lately.  A doctor didn't seem too impressed on Friday when he said let's talk about the big 'C' ... and I replied, not Dyslexia 

My keyboard is definitely dyslexic. Where would I be without spell check? I can type just fine...every keyboard I have ever owned (or borrowed) has been dyslexic.

Oh I do love water beds too :D Trouble is I am the only one in our house that does :(

I thought I was going to pay my new web hosting service 4,60 €/mo because they had it written in that form everywhere on their site. Turned out it was an annual payment of 70 €!! Slightly dismayed but it's the same amount so it's not that bad. I don't have any money now, but on the upside I have http://portfolio.kemla.fi

Edited by Kemaru