Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Snow already?! We are boiling to death here. Temps close to 40 deg C or 104ish F.

Yep, my boss is the most chauvinistic, racist person I know but he spares no-one. I guess that is fair. He is also quick to apologise & go in swinging for you if needed.

He doesn't mince his words either so I never have to hold back. 

We'd love to be able to do that Welshy but time & $$ are against us. We have saved the logs & it will be used to make things :D I am hoping we can pop out the stumps & not have to grind all of it. The stump is about a yard across. Huge. Tomorrow will tell.

My students are trying to kill me. Cake batter fudge, passionfruit cheesecake, licorice slice...I am diabetic! 

A not very major rant but -

The end of winamp. No more new versions. Such a shame, I have used it since I first got a computer, I don't like WMP. I will not install any (a)pple product on my PC

and media-monkey / BS players are not the same (even Aimp is lame in comparison) I will still use winamp and I hope the skins and plug in makers continue somewhere. Either on a blog or forum. 

iTunes is a great media player with a good clean interface. It supports many audio files. Nowadays, music bought from the Store is mostly DRM-free, too. If you install it on several computers, you can easily share your library between them. It's quite heavy though, and synchronising the library with an iDevice is a pain in the toches.

Foobar is neat, simple and light-weight and does the job well. It has a very simple interface but it's customisable and there are numerous skins and plugins for it.

Rant: Mac/Windows, Apple/Others, iOS/Android and every other tech-debate there is. I get really angry because they are so pointless!! Why can't everyone see that there are pros and cons to both sides? And I don't understand why people care so much about what others use, why not focus on things you like if things others like make you so mad?

I was going to publish a new version of Clipwarp and a tutorial today - spent ages doing all the screenshots, uploading and getting the links right.

Now Imgur is broken! :(
Probably by Yahoo - who kindly messed up my email a few months back.
Photobucket broke a long time ago.

- If it carries on like this I will shut down the internet for everyone. :lightning:
Then you'll all have to go back to drawing with pencils, writing letters using a fountain pen and playing music on an instrument. :D

I still use a fountain pen ... PB is fixed now.  Not as good as dA but still up and running

Was meant to be in Manchester tonight watching Placebo gig but due to personal reasons couldn't go.  Gutted.  I'd looked forward to it for months

^^ Sorry to hear that welshy.

I've managed to upload stuff to imgur without signing in - so the tutorial is up now - when you've read it you'll understand why I don't write them! :lol:

Been a while since I've posted anything here. 

Kemaru, I agree, it does feel good to actually draw a picture with one's hands once in a while, even though I haven't done that in what seems like ages.

Rant: After witnessing the sheer market saturation of that silly Duck Dynasty, I can't help but wonder if George Lucas isn't behind their marketing campaign.

Good to see you Red.  I know it's all staged and what not but I actually have a good laugh watching Duck Dynasty

@ Kemaru ... count yourself lucky.  I always get compared to the HitMan dude ... the game version ... when really I'm quite nice deep down

Why do people get pushy where alcohol is concerned.  I would love a cold Stella Artois ... but if I turn one down it's because I can't drink, it's not a reflection of your hosting skills or me not wanting to be 'sociable'.  There's definitely not a reason to be offended

Some people should see themselves drunk ...

Edited by welshblue
  • Upvote 2

Some people should see themselves drunk ...

Totally agree mate, have cut back on the beers a lot since seeing what I have said and done on video. Not pleasant and certainly not clever.

• Upvote 1

Takes a good man (or woman) to admit that mate.

I never thought I'd be tea-total but after nearly a year it's surprising how we adapt and not miss something that was a big part of life.  Knowing it could kill me helps :lol:

• Upvote 1

Takes a good man (or woman) to admit that mate.

I never thought I'd be tea-total but after nearly a year it's surprising how we adapt and not miss something that was a big part of life.  Knowing it could kill me helps :lol:

Could not agree more. I feel a lot better now I have cut it back a little (weekends instead of daily) Health is impossible to replace, a beer is. 

Seeing a friend of mine chug down a bottle of liqueur and a bottle of wine in the same evening, and turn nasty and borderline aggressive makes me almost want to stop drinking altogether.

I've never said or anything that would hurt people. I've done things I regret, and I have left things undone, which I also regret. I blacked out once; I was standing in my kitchen, we were watching some film called Orgazmo, and the next thing I know it's 8am and I'm in my bed. My friends told me I started feeling dizzy and went to rest /__\

I've never been a big drinker. I decided early in life that I never wanted to apologise for something I could not remember doing. Seeing others do things that were plain horrible helped in that decision. :D

I too get very annoyed with folk who try to push alcohol onto me. Bit like a social rape isn't it? No means no. 

• Upvote 1

I too get very annoyed with folk who try to push alcohol onto me. Bit like a social rape isn't it? No means no. 

You're not far wrong there.  

Is why it makes me laugh with the cannabis debate.  Alcohol causes far more damage.  Speaking from experience from the stupid things I've done (still got memory losses from some nights) and witnessing my father being a right tw@ to my mother and me 

I was definitely a nicer person on the weed than I was on vodka.  Now I don't drink or smoke anything

... what's next ?  Going to church maybe ... 

... what's next ?  Going to church maybe ... 

I have two standard responses when questioned about my religion.  I answer either "Buddhist Witchdoctor" or "Pissed-up Testicostical".  In either case it takes them a second or two to figure it out :lol:

Reckon you'd make a good holy man Welshy.  Your sermons would be both enlightening and terrifying!

• Upvote 1

Reckon you'd make a good holy man Welshy.  Your sermons would be both enlightening and terrifying!

I reckon it'd be the blind leading the blind into temptation and delivering into evil not from it ... 

• Upvote 1

I reckon it'd be the blind leading the blind into temptation and delivering into evil not from it ... 

Like EER said. I'd come to your church :P

Rant: I want to play Singstar _so_ much but I've spend 90 minutes searching for the microphones and I only found one and the usb-plug is nowhere to be seen ;_____;

Happy New Year

Police knocking on the door ... not my son in trouble but his drunk friend brought here after fighting, so he doesn't get arrested and get into trouble with the army.

Then my son buggers off back out leaving me with a ranting, spewing, bleeding mess to look after. 

Thanks a bunch.  So much for a quiet New Years by myself

The bleeding came when he was a silly boy.  Who punches someone in front of the coppers ?  I reckon he needed at least 2 stitches between his knuckles.

I'm not a police lover but they gave him a chance and he blew it because @ 12.30 am he got aggressive, squared up to me, pushed his way out of the house and most probably ended up getting arrested by going back into town.  I'll know more when my son finally decides to come home