Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Jeez - took me a while to find this thread as it seems someone added an awful lot of spam.

I just learned (whilst travelling) that one of my cats has had a stroke.  I am so distraught!  She sounds really bad anbd I can't wait to get home to hug her.  Have no idea if she is going to survive.  She is the blind cat's companion and I don't know what he'll do if we have to put her down :(

Jeez - took me a while to find this thread as it seems someone added an awful lot of spam.

That was a lot of spam, wasn't it? I'm sorry, I thought I got it all cleared out before anyone got online.

Sorry to hear about your feline friend.

Thanks so much @Helen, @BBQ and @david.atwell - and I am glad to report that 'kitty' is recovering nicely from her stroke :)

I'll not be able to be on here and enter comps for a while.  I'm having to have my pancreas and spleen removed and recovery sounds lengthy.  I'll be back as soon as I can.

Keep up the great work everyone :smile:

You're going through a lot, Pixey. I wish you the best during the whole process and that you'll get a full recovery very quickly. Take care. 

Dittoing all the best wishes Pixey, hope you're up and about as soon as after pretty major stuff

Weird.  I'd never heard of a cat having a stroke before and my friends cat died of one this week.  Small world.  Even a cat hater like me wishes yours the best.  I can think of plenty of humans I'd like to see suffer but never an animal

Oh Pixey! I wish I could give you a hug. I hope you have a speedy recovery & get lots of well-deserved TLC because you are such a sweetie. Our thoughts & best wishes will be with you. In the meantime we will miss you.  <3  :rainbow: 

• Upvote 1

Wish the best for you, Pixey, hope you get well quickly!

rant: not in Lisbon anymore. :(

then again, I caught a cold during the last days of my visit and I rather prefer being sick at home to being sick abroad.

thsmiley_huggrouphuggle.gif

Thank you ALL so much for your very touching words and thoughts - you have really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside  hug.gif         

@WB -  I have to mirror your feelings about the NHS in a post you made recently .... I am receiving excellent care (and hubby and I are flown over from the island to Liverpool for the tests that have not been able to be done here) and I'll have a whole surgical 'team' working on me for 7 hours the day of the surgery (3rd December) at the Liverpool Royal Hospital.  I'll be in ICU for 3 days, and after that a couple of weeks in a regular ward before coming home.  Total recovery will be 6 months and I'll be left diabetic, and will have to take enzymes for the rest of my life ............... but I'm sure I can deal with that.  Luckily I am very fit and should recover well crutches.gif 

I too never knew a cat could recover from a stroke, but have now learned they can and they fare better than humans.  She is still a bit wobbly, but got her sight back within 2 days and she's now eating and grooming herself very well.  She's still on steroids and antibiotics.  Her companion - the blind cat - was more trouble than she was, as he walked around meowing for days on end.  Now they are cuddling again and all is blissfull silence once more :)

th_P1010161_zpsd3bfc10b.jpg   She is the one on the right.

Thanks again everyone - I consider you all Family now  smiley-greet016.gif   

• Upvote 1

You know we're all rooting for ya Pixey ... sincerely hoping it all goes well. I would get you chocolates, but ...

And yep the good things about the NHS are never published. From my GP to Physio to the Consultants I'm seeing - what a brilliant job they're all doing.

Not forgetting the nurses you meet along the way

------------------------------

A rant that pales into comparison really ...

You phone someone up with an issue and they promise faithfully to ring you back after discussing it with someone else. But they never do

Well I'll see them in court because they're not getting another penny from me

That picture of your kitties is so cute Pixey :) I hope she makes a full recovery. I also would like to wish you the very best during your stay in the hospital and also wish you a speedy recovery when you get back home, it sounds like you have a lot to go through. I also look forward to your return here too  smiley-hug011.gif

Pixey, the image of the cats is so heartwarming. 

You are a very strong person & you have a great support base from near & far - including us all here. I will keep in touch & hope that all goes well for yu on the day. Hugs & hugs & hugs!!

• Upvote 1

It sems to me it's the dogs contending with the cats stealing their beds. :P

Good to hear your kitty is recovering. The two of them are so adorable cuddled together.

Best of luck with your surgery and recovery. I'll be thinking about you. (((hugs)))

Here's what my kitty has to contend with: (this is a rant on her behalf) :D

http://i.imgur.com/iM4YbvB.jpg

Edited by blackpenny

Aw, how cute is your puppy BP but I can see the mischievousness there.

Pixey, that was so funny! Thanks for sharing :D

My rant: hubby laughing at me because I am raving mad about the dogs digging a hole where I spent hours shovelling, raking, mattock work, crow barring & generally inflicting massive injury & insult to my poor aging body while boiling my brains out in the hot Aussie sun. Says he's going to put up safety barriers - smart alec!

Speaking of dogs ... why can't you seem to find a tradesman who takes pride in his work anymore ?

Wednesday I got a plumber to sort out a dripping overflow from the bathroom cistern in readiness for winter and guess what's dripping this morning ?

Between the kitchen cowboys and the latest tw@ I'm going to sell all my wordly goods and live in a teepee - anyone want a brand new computer, free to a good home ?

Untouched by PDN due to incompetence of others taking up my time ... 

@ BarbieQ' ... go on strike in the kitchen in protest ;)

And then you've got ludicrous statements like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22459815

... boy I'm in a good mood today

Edited by welshblue

OMG! Are they serious?! How stupid! I know that we share the same views on the subject Welshy. That is just not on. 

Welshy, to top it off I was working in the garden & got bitten about 6-8 times just a tad below the (where Forrest Gump got shot) by evil green ants & it is giving me heaps. I cooked a great dinner...pain & all. Trouble with going on strike is that he is a good cook too :D Well, he did put up a curtain for me & filled in the hole, held me hand as I cried like a girl until the pain subsided. 

Man, I hope things get better for you <hug>

See you've got a good man B' :)

I guess one of the advantages of living somewhere as wet as Wales is that the only creepy crawlies are the non-biting variety.  The only snake is a grass one or adder and spiders just make me scream not die

When you open a can of ginger beer not realising it's been in the freeezer ever so slightly too long ... and being sat in boxer shorts is not a defence when it bubbles over.

Definitely found my feminine side for a while ...  (work it out ...)

• Upvote 1

What a team we would make Welshy. I spent hours yesterday sitting on ice packs...still hurts, still have 10 days or so until it goes away. 

I'd love to live in Wales except I hate being cold. 

Love ginger beer too. Heck, I just love ginger...

We went for months without a drop of rain now when I have the stump grinders coming with heavy machinery my backyard is one big mud pie. Not a huge biggie compared to what some have had to endure. At least it is cooler today.

Bright spot: my boss loves me! Bought me a Karcher vacuum cleaner, being posted 700km...this is in response to 2 brooms going missing, 1 with a metal handle snapped in 2, 2 other vacuums rendered useless with missing parts. A coven of witches who are poor drivers???

Wales is definitely wet and cold. I swear we should have webbed feet.   And unpredictable.  Unexpected snow yesterday

Yum ginger.  Ginger beer.  Ginger and garlic stir fry ... ginger biscuits instead of digestive in key lime pie.  Ginger Spice ... 

I had to laugh at your boss loving you - would you be so keen if your hubby bought you a vacuum cleaner ;)  

But Karcher = good make so maybe you would

You should have had one of the stumps dug up, trimmed the roots off, power washed ... a bit of slate or wood on top and they make stunning garden tables