Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Dear Amazon,

You've just released a new range of Kindles.  I want one.  Specifically the 7" Kindle Fire HD which looks truly excellent and most suitable to my needs.  However, you won't ship it to me because I live in New Zealand. STUPID STUPID Amazon!!

• I'm an author who published through you.
  • I've bought four Kindles and sent two of them to different corners of the world.

And yet you refuse to sell me one of these new puppies?

Wassup wid dat?  You want my business or not?

Do you feel better after getting that off your chess(t)  Have you missed anything out ?  If I was you I'd check mate  :P

EER that makes no sense at all from a business point of view when you consider how big New Zealand is.  Maybe that's why they've stopped free delivery on items under £10 ... to try and make some revenue up.  Or to pay even less tax in the UK.  Crazy

Actually I have it figured. The Kindle Fire HD is not available in NZ... yet. Seems Amazon didn't have their distribution sorted when they announced the new models. If I wait a couple of weeks I can order one normally. If this had been clearer I might have saved a rant :)

@Yusuf: You know both BoltBait & I are chess players right? :lol: I still think chess is a brilliant game. Stop playing machines and find a living opponent -you'll appreciate the difference.

Portugal let me down last week in a 15 fold accumalator for £2000 and Barcelona let me down for £120 this week.  Gutted isn't the word

... I think I'll stick to chess ... 

@EER: If you'd like, I'd be happy to be your exporter here in the USA.

Very kind of you to offer David!  I'll wait a few more days, as I think the release date said Oct 24th - do you think I can find it again??

At the laundry mat... They are torturing me with country music. :(

I really need to fix my washing machine.

EDIT: This is more expensive than I remember. I could visit here about 25 times OR buy a new washing machine. :roll:

Yes, Welshy just another day in paradise...I'm getting tired of near misses from drivers with phones in their hands...I'm ok but I posted this on FB anyway. I am enraged that other think it is ok to risk my life! I'm not the only one, I know. 

At the lights 2 female drivers, opposite lanes, busy texting, I get a green arrow to turn right, they glance up & see green & decide that their car would look good crumpled into the side of mine. 

I'm ok if they want to kill themselves but do it alone - don't take hostages.

Let me ask you if that text or phone call:
1. Is it worth the inconvenience & cost of not having a car & paying the fine?
2. Is it worth a hospital stay, losing mobility or any other function?
3. Is it worth killing for & the jail time plus the guilt for killing someone?
4. Is it worth dying for?

Stupid drivers should not own phones!

• Upvote 2

Nope stupid people shouldn't have cars.  

You get fined £1000 for no TV licence here but they seem to give driving licences out in cereal boxes.

I was behind one today in a Jaguar XKR ... 30 mph on the bendy parts then foot down on the big straights.  And they wonder why people get frustrated.  Slow speeds can cause as many accidents as high speeds.

Glad to hear you're okay B' ... I can imagine the police will come down hard there if it's anything like Booze Patrol Australia I watch (I love those Holden police cars - gorgeous wheels) 

• Upvote 1

Rant: Friends growing up. Suddenly they all mated and started working and going to school. Now they rarely want to hang out. :(

I understand them; I'm not really up to partying til 4 am anymore either (definitely not), but it would still be nice to see each other more often.

Rant: Friends growing up. Suddenly they all mated and started working and going to school. Now they rarely want to hang out. :(

I understand them; I'm not really up to partying til 4 am anymore either (definitely not), but it would still be nice to see each other more often.

I hear you. Sometimes the only time I get to see some of my friends is if I go to their place. It's like they can't leave their house any more. >_>

RANT: Charles Darwin

What's that name game thing where you change the letters around? His is name "Charles Warden".

No it is not.  You changed an "i" to an "e".

I forgot about daylight savings and ended up showing up for work at 3am instead of 4. I wasn't really annoyed that I was early....I could have had an extra hour of sleep. :/

I've done that many a time ... but always worse when you're late because of the clocks going forward

Speaking of late ... it's been the week from hell.

Kitchen fitters were meant to start last Monday, so on Sunday I ripped the old kitchen out and dumped it at the local recycling depot.  Including the kitchen sink.

Guess who cancelled on the Monday morning ... the same day I had a 60 mile journey to be a bearer at a funeral.

Having to make up lost time because of phone calls looking for answers ... straight through a speed trap. 3 points and a fine ... and a lecture off a female nazi impressionist who looked just out of nappies.  Turning up the same time as the hearse looked a trifle disrespectful

Things looked up on Wednesday ... took receipt of a new computer ... great for a day and it was sent back yesterday.  

Add it all being totally in the doghouse with my wife over the kitchen fiasco I wish I'd hibernated when the clocks went back last week

If they don't turn up tomorrow you won't see me again 'cos I'll be either poisoned by the wife or locked up for going on the rampage :lol:

Welshy, how awful! Don't know what is worse...no kitchen...hope they turn up & work fast!

I'll bake a cake with a bit of iron in it, so go on a rampage instead of being poisoned :P

It has been a hellish week. So glad it is over. At least the funeral & wake for mother-in-law was beautiful if events like that could ever be described as such. 

Monday morning at work, door won't open, my job to get it fixed apparently. Deal with a new student that I had previously terminated for turning up stoned, uncompliant, & requesting I call an ambulance because she wasn't feeling well. Happy, happy Monday. 

Welsh, wow that is terrible.

rant: ugh I decided I'd rather be late for school and wait for the raining to stop than arrive early but soaked – bad idea, it's raining harder and harder still... I should just bite the bullet.

also not sure if this should be a rant or a post in the Sanctuary but I forgot my canvas bag in the bike storage room on Saturday; I hung it behind me when I locked the bicycle. The bag had my camera, my wallet and my passport in it! Fortunately my mom texted me this morning that it was there, I got it and nothing was missing.
I'm really angry at myself for forgetting something so important and not remembering it at all.

You've got honest people across there Kemaru ... it would have gone here the minute you turned your back

Kitchen update:  I won't be poisoned or banged up - I'll have stroked out first.

Workmen turn up this morning 8 a.m - kitchen due @ 9.30 - it actually turned up @ 3.30.  Minus 2 base units, 3 wall units and doors for everything, plus no drawer fronts.  And still not got a sink because the plumber had to go early

For a national company they couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery.  Fricking ridiculous.  

I wonder if they'll be so blase' when it comes to me settling the due amount.  If they come back after I let loose ... 

Good to know that there are still some honest folk around, Kemaru.

Welshy, what a fiasco! We had an tax agent (he was local & just starting out) who after the first couple of years of reasonably good service decided that we were no longer a priority & I let him wait the same amount of months with the same excuses. 

Rang a company to fix the roller door at work...limited access to the building...apparently I cannot make an appointment to have the $2000.00 work done.