After my switch to Apple, I've also adopted Safari. Can't really fathom using anything else. Swift, efficient, doesn't play flash automatically, AdBlock and auto-suggest and auto-remember passwords and save them in iCloud.

rant: I succumbed to peer pressure and my head hurts accordingly. Ugh. And in case you just shunned me for drinking during the week, it's May Day.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

After my switch to Apple, I've also adopted Safari. Can't really fathom using anything else. Swift, efficient, doesn't play flash automatically, AdBlock and auto-suggest and auto-remember passwords and save them in iCloud.

I don't see anything there that Chrome doesn't do as well or better.  Plus, it syncs open tabs with my phone and tablet.  :)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

For me, it's mostly the dev tools. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I don't see anything there that Chrome doesn't do as well or better.  Plus, it syncs open tabs with my phone and tablet.   :)

Safari does that too, but you're right although I wouldn't say one does better than the other. I am very familiar with Chrome, I had been using it since the first beta in 2008, back when people were alarmed by the user agreement, and I'm still using it on my Windows partition. It probably is the best browser out there — Safari just works better on OSX. iCloud Keychain, password suggestion and their integration with the operating system aren't as smooth on Chrome.

Rant: I was having a (W)LAN party with my friends and I was the only one without an internet connection for 80% of the time, and when I finally got the internet connection, I went through a lot of frustration and trouble trying to install Windows on my laptop. After everyone was too tired to play anything, I got it to work at last — apparently, it failed because I had an external drive attached.

Edited by Kemaru

• 1 month later...

How to ruin a friendship: tell him you still have feelings. sigh. I was mentally prepared for it, but he wasn't apparently. >__>

oh and i didn't get in to any schools this year either

Edited by Kemaru

...nobody for Firefox? Bah.

EDIT: Nvm, looked on the previous page. I kinda like the new UI.

I propose a name change for firefox. It should be called "Mozilla Chrome"

Honestly, the only reason I haven't switched to chrome completely now is the fact that I'm too lazy to make the switch.

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 3 weeks later...

>:O  :aagh:  :cry:  :glum:  :mad: I'm not at Google I/O right now.  :noes:  :sad:  :sadtard:  >:O  :(

I watched the livestream.  It looked excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hate it when Internet goes out here, and our router isn't that great so I have to reset it pretty often....get's really annoying.

Duuude I can totally relate to that as I have comcast and it's always slow or "down ofor maintenance"... :(

RFX5A1.jpg

Rant (two for one special offer).

1. After reserving and waiting for it to come back into stock, I went to buy my new 'H.D.' laptop today. The retailer (Argos) website clearly states that it is 1920 by 1080 resolution. However, after many phone calls by the helpful staff, it appears to be only 1366 by 768 - they could not confirm as they aren't allowed to open the box! :P
After more research this evening it seems they had got the model number wrong on the website. It is in fact an HP Pavilion 15-p011na (SRP £400) being sold as a 15-p099na(SRP £499) for £399 claiming that it is discounted from £549.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2473549.htm
http://i.imgur.com/CmlA1St.png

I did not buy it.

2. Slightly disappointed at not being able to try the mythical Pdn4, I went for cycle - got a puncture and walked back. :(

Good job I'm an athiest or I'd take it personally! :roll:

Oh well, Lance Armstrong was correct - it's not about the bike. Shame modern commerce is based on his ethical values though.

Red ochre Plugin pack............................................................... Diabolical Drawings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Oh dear @Red - it was definitley not your day yesterday.  And how about today .............. peeing down like anything.  Ships are moored in front of our house sitting out the storm!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Duuude I can totally relate to that as I have comcast and it's always slow or "down ofor maintenance"... :(

The John Oliver vid. re: net neutrality is popular.

I have slow 1 mbps DSL and even that's expensive for me, let alone FIOS.

btw, Comcast, Verizon and all large monopolies would be rendered impotent if only everyone acknowledged zero point energy (connective-force) including all research & technologies which has attempted to tap into ZPE for free energy, diagnostics & so forth.

I'm most comfortable with Advocates of Transparent RepairCare (vs. Stealthcare) no matter their graphic expertise.

blind_plight_minipic.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
FWIW probably most of those reading this (if any) will say "wha the H is this?" and that's  either because they're conventional - i.e. if they're in the older age-bracket, they may be well-meaningly perplexed by anything outside the parameters of practiced rote or intuitive talent (both of which states result in brilliant works)  and/or (such as if they're in the younger age-bracket) because they've become masculanizedly conditioned - i.e. they prefer to latch onto "things and facts, (however abstract the facts)" more than to "ideas and emotions" (however clearly the emotions are conveyed)

And that's exactly my point. IMO the reason the Western world has reached the state its in today, is because they tend to:

Say what they know factually versus experientially Knowing what they say

Documentualized "fact" usually does not = experientualized truth of individuals.

For example, there was a story about a young woman whose kid brother was mute. She couldn't understand his excitement over a "silly" amber-shard of glass. First later, when she became blind, and by an accidental "fluke" excitedly regained her vision when she put her brother's amber-shard near her eye - first then did she gain an understanding of "why" the amber-shard used to excite her brother.

So - had you chatted with her prior to her blindness,

you might have heard her saying what she knows about her brother

But - had you chatted with her after her brother's glass-shard restored her vision,

you might then have heard her knowing what she says about her brother

So that's it in a nutshell - my opinion for why the world is in the mess its in.

People talk at each other (not to each other) in real life and on forums all the time - making rash assumptions without knowing where each other is at. The irony, is that even the most seemingly "logical, rational" advice which is well-intentioned and well-meaning can seem (emphasis on "seem") as if John is so helpful to Jane, whereas the advice is actually such a loaded issue to Jane, that it harms more than helps her (even though, based on surface appearance, the entire public is positive that John is the wronged-one even though he's actually the wrong-one.

The mute boy's sister was well-intentioned but she was not Knowing.

(until later)

The forum-posting public can be well-intentioned but not Knowing.

The real-life public can be well-intentioned but not Knowing.

All it takes is to painfully dredge up some imagination & some emotion. That's all it takes to become non-assuming.

Edited by minni

I'm most comfortable with Advocates of Transparent RepairCare (vs. Stealthcare) no matter their graphic expertise.

blind_plight_minipic.jpg