^ reading stuff like this makes me a little bit happy that I moved to Apple's suite... Not trying to insinuate that it is perfect — looks outdated compared to ios7 and other operating systems, no freaking ethernet port, adapter costs 30€,  thunderbolt-to-hdmi cost 40€, non-upgradable... no pdn! I am happy with my choice but I just wish they churned 3rd party cheap knock-offs of these things a little bit faster.

rant: well, all of the above, also iDeleted iMovie to clear some space and now if iWant it back it's 14€. well played Apple, well played.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

So for all Windows 8's failings at least I still have PDN and I won't have to pay to reinstall software.

Next job now the updates are done is to install 8.1. Everything I asked the shop to for me before I picked the laptop up I am having to do again myself ! Blast it.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I actually like Windows 8.1...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I will agree that Windows 7 has been my favorite desktop OS experience ever.  They really hit it on the head with that one.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ugh! This whole thing is such an adjustment!

My wife and son drove 2 hours out of town and then realized that she had forgot my son's insulin!

After lots of begging, she was able to get a 1 day supply at a local pharmacy.

We are still getting used to this strict schedule and daily routine.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Really sorry to hear about your son, BoltBait.

I have a large number of clients with both type I and type II diabetes. Managing it becomes second nature. I'm always impressed by the way people organize themselves around this condition. It will take time to adjust but I guarantee you'll find yourselves getting used to the routine.

How is BoltBait jnr holding up? Hopefully everything has a bit of a "cool" factor. Injecting yourself at school always bought a great deal of respect ;)

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry to hear about your son, BoltBait.  You're just never quite ready to hear news like that.  I've had my finger pricked a few times when I was donating plasma, and it's never pleasant.  Here's hoping for a swift adjustment for you all.

Welsh, that is a little disturbing.  How old is your son?

It's quite all right, it is just internet after all. :D I am not prone to grudges.

Euphoria has faded and is replaced by the neither-happy-nor-unhappy feeling that is my general state of mind 80% of the time.

Probably staying home tomorrow because I really dislike our nude model drawing class.

A) the model is female... Clothes on, yeah, women are great-looking (Mia Wasikowska, Uma Thurman, Scarlett Johansson, so pretty!), but nude? ew. Sorry if I offend the women of the community, but I can't help it :D  

B) I don't like drawing the same pose for several hours. on charcoal. I admit that replicating what I see is probably something I should work on, but 3 hours on the same boring pose? no thanks.

@Welshblue: Wow, that is rather wild. It's shocking how you can forget something like inviting a complete stranger over. No less alarming is that a girl would accept that kind of offer. Is your son the same age as I or a year younger?

Kemaru, sorry but I am a shocker too with dates. I even forgot my own one year. 

Nothing wrong with stating how you feel about the subject of nude models. 

Art is about expression. It isn't going to spin your wheels so unless you need the marks, don't do it :D

My rant: Wandering around a shop looking quite confused & the shop assistant says: "You're right aren't you?" I'd like to reply that I am quite insane but I am enjoying the conversation with the voices in my head.

Waiting to get served in another shop...waiting...waiting...thinking I really don't care what Sharon was wearing to the do last week as the shop assistant is telling someone on the phone. I walk behind the counter & start to pick up items & inspect them closely. A shop assistant rushes over & asks me in a very terse manner if she can HELP me with something. Well, funny you should mention that, deary, because in fact there is...

• Upvote 3
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...

No. It's Photoshop. It wasn't designed by Rick ;)

Rave - you can 'rave' on this thread - I hope!

My little brother, who works in Rome got to service Air Force One this weekend.  It made his day, bless him! 

th_AirForce_zps5e79dc12.png

• Upvote 3

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Rant: my right knee is killing me >__> I really need it to function because my bike is my only means of transport — not counting ol' Shanks' pony. Also because I need exercise to function, can't stand without it.
My school is 9km away, and even if I took the train it would only cut the walking distance by half...

I wonder what it is about men and doctors; I just can't bring myself to get the knee checked out. Promised my friend I'd go if it still hurt today though.

Edited by Kemaru

Hey Kemura you haven't mentioned how you damaged your knee but how is your riding position, when peddling your knee should be directly above your ankles if your knees are to close together or splayed out you will put unnecessary pressure on the ligaments. My sister used to suffer from a bad knee but once she sorted out her riding position it went away.

• Upvote 1

When my knees ache I use a neoprene knee support.  The added warmth and compression usually makes me pain free after a couple of days.

Both of my knees are bad, so I sometimes use either 100% woolen knee supports (I cut mine off the sleeves from my brother's old woolen sweater), Tubi-grip things sold for diabetics, or I use Bengay for my knees. Odd or not, I have to be pain-free. :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA