Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Sitting for too long is bad for the back, no matter how ergonomic the chair.

oh and @welsh: I already have an idea of what I'm going to do (I've been given themes for the works; 1. Draw your breakfast 2. From a dark room to a light one and 3. A Time of Day) :) I just don't feel like picking up the pen and actually doing something, although I did start working on an oil painting. Thanks for liking my photography!

Rant:  DVD player / recorder HDD died.  I have/had stuff I wanted to watch on that.

I wonder what my chances of data recovery from the HDD are?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how-to/tips/4294038#

I don't know which problem you're having, but it might be possible.

Edited by Kemaru

Ouch :( Well, it's a good thing it didn't have something vital in it. At least you can re-record videos or watch them elsewhere. Still I hope you're able to recover the data.

Pain and dying recording boxes ... I must be getting old when I'm empathising with 2 people of authority  :evillaugh:

Flies.  I hate them.  They must know I can't move properly and they're terrorising me

@ RFX ... no need - got one of those electronic fly swatters from Amazon.  

Better than polluting the air with aerosol spray

• Upvote 1

LOL PDN, sall good man, I just click report on them so it gets to you guys faster than posting here. Theres another one that was just posted not too long ago, something about a hair dryer.

lol Welsh, oh man its too cold here normally to support flying insects. We get them but they don't last too long. xD btw thanks to a few of you guys with those epic space siggies, I made my first one as it's something I haven't done yet. It's a recreation of a famous image of a solar eclipse from space. I added a few things from gimp though like lens flare and supernovas. Thanks for the inspiration guys!

"Draw your breakfast"
"Make a painting of looking from a dark room into a light one"

"Create a collage about a book you read"

"A Time of Day"

ARGH why can't I come up with anything?!!!

"Draw your breakfast"

"Make a painting of looking from a dark room into a light one"

"Create a collage about a book you read"

"A Time of Day"

ARGH why can't I come up with anything?!!!

Draw the most memorable scene from your last vacation.

http://www.photoshoplady.com/tutorial/how-to-draw-a-monster-on-a-real-picture/7618

Watch a sunrise after staying up all night, then stay up the next night recreating it. No naps! (I don't recommend this one)

Paint a mood with bezier curves and gradients.

Sketch what time would be if it were visible. (no, you can't draw anything that is used to measure time)

Thanks! But, I didn't want to paint a sunset because that's pretty much the first thing that comes to mind. These pieces are my applications to an art semester and they need to stand out! 

I thought long and hard and came up with 1984 for the book collage and "winter 17:30" for the time of day one. In winter the sky is bright blue around that time and we have these bright orange street lamps (low pressure sodium-vapor lamps), creating a nice complementary colour palette.

I was going to start with the collage, but we didn't have glue for crying out loud!! Also, this red wine tastes awful :( I thought Italians made good wine.

Edited by Kemaru
  • Upvote 1

My Lucy cat has a tumor. Her operation is Friday...

Kemaru, a flour and water paste should work and may add to the ugliness of the time described in the book.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that Doughty, hopefully all is well! My sister's cat of 12 years passed earlier this week. I'm :( but at the same time trying to comfort her through it. One time she was going on a trip for a few weeks and I asked who was watching her cats. She said "Oh nobody can so I've made arrangements with a kennel."

I was all "oh heck naw, I'm coming down to pick them up, I'll watch them. Just drop by to pick them up on your way home.", then drove from San Fran to LA and back just for her 2 cats. They were worth the effort just as any animal or person would be if the alternative was being locked in a cage for weeks. I couldn't stand the thought of them in that situation.

• Upvote 1

Hey, I thought I broke the Rants thread as nobody was griping about anything. :evillaugh:

RFX, you're so kind and sad to hear about your sister's cat.

I posted over in Sanctuary that my Lucy was doing better, guess I shoulda posted here.

Rant: Doc says pain is pain, that meds for one thing works for the other. I disagree - I know what I feel. :black:

Pain is a weird thing.  

I remember years ago before safety gear became compulsory and cutting my leg with a chainsaw.  I thought it was a branch hitting my leg so carried on.  10 minutes later I looked down ... and it only started really hurting when I saw the blood / mess

Same when my index finger and thumb were just hanging there ... they only started really, really hurting when they mentioned the word 'amputate' at the hospital  ... so to some degree I still think pain is 'all in the head' (sympathy contraction pains when my daughter was being born a good example - if I was a woman I'd only help re-populate the world once, that's for sure!)

... but now having what you've got, the other degrees make me realise there's no rhyme or reason for some of it.  I've never known pain like it (including hospitialisation after 3 car crashes, the chainsaw injuries, being hit by a falling tree etc don't compare)

Your doctor doesn't sound very sympathetic, can you ask to referred to a pain management clinic ?

Doughty, a second opinion is always worth it. 

Chronic pain is no fun at all. I had to do a lot of research on pain management for burns patients & there are some non-medication systems that work for some folk. It is all about finding what works for you. What works for me most certainly does not help hubby & vice-versa.

Welshy, I have experienced that too. Doesn't hurt so much until you see what is going on. The power of the brain. 

Wow Welsh you sure have experienced an incredible number of accidents. :O

I have never had any serious injury, but I've had many bike accidents (falling on ice, snow, on a rainy day).

I can't look at blood because it hurts (?) and I start to feel dizzy when I even think about severe injuries or accidents.

Rant: I'm going to an awesome festival today that I have looked forward to the entire summer, but going alone makes me feel like not going. :/ And I'm too awkward to get to know new people

Edited by Kemaru