The state of the ambulance service in Wales is shocking.

Last night in the first 20 seconds of a cup final my son went into a challenge with another player and after a coming together the other player suffered a broken leg.

One hour 5 minutes that player had to lay on the pitch.

Disgraceful. It was horrible to watch. My son was so distraught at the distress, he did the technicolour yawn.

People are going to die because of cutbacks whilst the managers sit in their ivory towers counting their fat salaries

Broken Britain. Yep

Good grief. That's just plain pathetic. Someone at my school went into a mild state of shock and had a little trouble breathing while watching an episode of House...ambulance got there in less than five minutes. Same when my sister had a seizure. An hour and 5 minutes? A person might die from simple blood loss waiting for that...

Thanks for the compliments you guys! *blushes*

Flickr has changed their format. New Slogan: Smile. Everyone gets a free terabyte. Which is just fine, but there is no more thumbnails to shuffle through. My clunky computer was smoken just from trying to find a rant thread to post in. >:O:P

I use Flickr and Imageshack as well although I won't be using Flickr as much since the new format takes up an unheard of amount of resources as it's now Flash-based. I create a ton of stuff in Flash but even I don't like the new format so you're not alone there. :(

I highly recommend Imageshack which doesn't require an account to upload nor do they remove images for the most part. I've been uploading content since 2007-ish which is still there plus the interface is exactly as you mentioned with thumbnails so I think it's one you'll like.

A comparison image I made to give an idea of both interfaces bacondance.gif
imagehosting.png

Edited by RFX

Broken limbs are not considered a critical situation...unless you are the bunny with the busted bit. 

Same in Australia Welshy...but when I had a couple of student collapse they were there in less than 15 minutes. 

I feel for your son, poor lad. It is very distressing to see something like that. 

Hope both lads mend fast.

RFX, thanks for the info, but I'm with Photobucket for stuff I post here, and even with their recent changes it's still tolerable.

But with Flikr, whether it's due to my clunker computer or my -LOL- high speed internet service, my photos won't all load up.

So, with my inability to make up my mind on what computer to buy, I'm stuck.

Cat puke on my couch this morning. Lovely.

Broken limbs are not considered a critical situation...unless you are the bunny with the busted bit. 

Same in Australia Welshy...but when I had a couple of student collapse they were there in less than 15 minutes. 

I feel for your son, poor lad. It is very distressing to see something like that. 

Hope both lads mend fast.

Strangely enough against the same team last season the ambulance service refused to send an ambulance out to one of our players.  

He had a 60 mile journey by car, no pain relief and it turned out his shin was broken in 2 places.  

Another example is when an elderly lady collapsed with breathing difficulties - the ambulance in town couldn't respond because the paramedics were on a break so she had to wait 40 minutes for one to come from another town/ county  

Crazy.  Even crazier the one that came the other night came from England

As for my son ... he's got to toughen up for when he joins the army next year.  He'll see far worse there

Yup yup! No problem Doughty, always glad to hook people up with services or other stuff they might find helpful. God I'm such a tech support nerd. xD I'm in the same boat as I'm on a budget so I buy what I can afford and often rebuild it when it breaks. Odds are the picture uploads aren't working for one of 2 reasons:

- the web browser used might have something disabled like Java or an add-on such as no-script which is interfering
- the image hosting service has some issue or intermittent service that disconnects in the middle of an upload

In some instances, it may even be your IP configuration if you use a wireless wifi adapter. Having Windows automatically set a dynamic IP is always causing issues. I fix people's computers where I work by changing it so Windows doesn't give the computer an IP (tries to connect on 192.168.1.100 but if a computer is detected on this ip, it goes up to 192.168.1.101) and instead uses a set static IP (always locked at 192.168.1.112 and never changes for example).

The media have a job to do but the people who go on TV to get their 5 minutes of limelight through a tragedy of a little girl losing her life sickens me.

I don't think a friend of my wife will be coming through my door again for a while after I gave her both barrels of my opinion of her earlier on this evening

Let people grieve FFS

• Upvote 1

The media have a job to do but the people who go on TV to get their 5 minutes of limelight through a tragedy of a little girl losing her life sickens me.

I don't think a friend of my wife will be coming through my door again for a while after I gave her both barrels of my opinion of her earlier on this evening

Let people grieve FFS

Well said indeed mate. I applaud you 100%. 

• Upvote 1

Rant: I've had the stomach flu for almost a week now.

But, on the positive side, I've lost 6 pounds. Now, how to keep it of once the flu bug goes away...

Stomach: i'm hungry

BoltBait: Shut up.

S: no, really. i'm hungry.

BB: I'm not talking to you.

S: it's been so long since you ate last...

BB: The last time I stood up I nearly doubled over in pain.

S: but, you feel better now.

BB: I do not.

S: really, you do. just a little something, ok?

BB: I said that I'm not talking to you. Now, leave me alone!

S: seriously, just focus on how you feel this very second. admit it, you feel ok.

BB: Meh.

S: you should eat something. you'll feel better.

BB: Maybe you're right...

S: you know i am!

BB: *nom* *nom* *nom*

S: buahaha! i shall now punish you for eating! ha ha ha ha!

BB: I hate you.

later...

S: i'm hungry

BB: Shut up.

Has anyone here tried to edit / create fonts? I got a new proggy (program) a couple of hours ago as I always wanted to learn how to do it. PDN can be used to generate the images easily then imported into FontCreator. I wonder what other great stuff PDN can be used in conjunction with...

fc01small.png

fc02small.png

cgftest.png

/end rant

^ it isn't so rosy for the Eurofolk either, considering it's 399€ versus the 399$ in the US. Including taxes, the price'll climb up to around 500+€ here in Finland. Praise the lord it's region-free, I won't have to buy the console from a Finnish market.

True. But I didn't have a PS3 before 2011 either and it was released in '06, simply because it cost too much back then. Honestly I have a feeling the next gen of consoles will come quicker than the current one did so I wouldn't say the ps4'll last 10 years.

Anyway I guess I'll be waiting for Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 to reach completion before I even consider getting one.

Edited by Kemaru

A National company wanted to build a superstore in my town ... bringing much needed jobs for the youngsters.

The 'locals' (people with roots going back generations) were all for it ... the 'incomers' (those who sell their London properties and decide to drop out, and push up house prices because they can and still live off the money left) were against it.

Guess who won. Not the youth ... the future

And they wonder why there's a divide.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad there isn't a block button in real life ... no-one would talk to me ...

Having to delete ALL the images in my gallery because something went seriously wrong with the links.  (strange gooblegook appeared in them, repeated and repeated and repeated and ...

Photobucket doesn't seem to like me that much so I'm going to have to upload everything to dA.  Great