Rants *enter at own risk*

I just can't figure out the glitch in my calendar (which I wish I could say is dynamic... it's not, I have to make each unique event separately. >_<).

All the clips are on seperate frames... for good measure, I even set the keyframes 10 frames apart from each other. Yet somehow, those blasted events keep sneaking onto other areas where they don't belong. >:|

My code should be fine... I've gone over each line like 20 times and I still haven't got a clue why my movieclips are leaking off of their assigned frame.

It's not fair I tell ya!

Someone (I think it was BoltBait) once had in their sig: "You realize, of course, that code that almost works looks absolutely nothing like code that actually works." :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I just can't figure out the glitch in my calendar (which I wish I could say is dynamic... it's not, I have to make each unique event separately. >_

All the clips are on seperate frames... for good measure, I even set the keyframes 10 frames apart from each other. Yet somehow, those blasted events keep sneaking onto other areas where they don't belong. >:|

My code should be fine... I've gone over each line like 20 times and I still haven't got a clue why my movieclips are leaking off of their assigned frame.

It's not fair I tell ya!

I don't know Flash any more, and haven't touched ActionScript in ages (aside from translating some ActionScript to C# recently), but if you wanna PM me your FLA, I'll see if I can help.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I wish that everyone was nice. Like The_Lionhearted! And David! And Wither!

Sheesh, with people posting things like [censored by me]spin and [censored by me]1cup.

Telling people to type in [censored by me] and press I'm feeling lucky on Google.

I HATE IT!

:evil:

Man, that felt good :wink:

rich.png

Sig by CommanderSozo. Kiss him. Now. :D

*The above post is not to be taken seriously. The above post contains sarcasm, and if you were offended by the above post, it is purely coincidental

Sign here __________*

If you use PdN, don't click this.

For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why I kept getting weird graphical artifacts when I used one of my Paint.NET creations as a desktop background. Turns out using PNG images as my desktop background screws with my icons. Hence, I am forced to use JPEG. :evil:

I converted all my wallpapers to JPEG so I won't have that problem anymore...got a little nostalgic too. ;)

wallpaper.png

RANT: There are way too many contests now. It's plain stupid, I mean, some of the them are quite similar, and really, is there any point having a competition to do with EVERY single thing PDN can be used for?

Calm down with the competition ideas, at the end of the day, your going to be no richer and not have much more kudos.

RANT: There are way too many contests now. It's plain stupid, I mean, some of the them are quite similar, and really, is there any point having a competition to do with EVERY single thing PDN can be used for?

Calm down with the competition ideas, at the end of the day, your going to be no richer and not have much more kudos.

I disagree; The thing that irks me is that the organizers of these competitions forget about them a lot of times...

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I disagree; The thing that irks me is that the organizers of these competitions forget about them a lot of times...

Yes, too many contests.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I've given up trying to keep track of them all; the only two which interest me now are the SOTW and Monthly Skinning Competition because both showcase the results of short-term and long-term work.

The rest I couldn't even tell you what they're about (bar the Freehand one - the clue is in the title).

So today I bought a slice of pizza. Lady gives me a slice. If the pizza was a pie chart for what people would do if they found a million dollars, I got the "Donate it to charity" slice.

"Excuse me, I would like to exchange this for the 'Keep It!'"

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

If I ever have a pizza place, that's how I'm going to categorize my pizza slice sizes.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

So today I bought a slice of pizza. Lady gives me a slice. If the pizza was a pie chart for what people would do if they found a million dollars, I got the "Donate it to charity" slice.

Was this at Fargo's?

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Was this at Fargo's?

No. School.

See? Now, there's your problem right there.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

People I work with who build websites using tables. :( Guess which intern gets to fix it...?

You poor soul. :shock:

---

My rant is on my disability or otherwise lack of knowledge of mathematical functions. ... >_>

My attempts to emulate gravity and force in Flash are hindered by the fact that the math goes over my head or that it must be written in a specific syntax that I'm overlooking. ...

Not to mention, it seems that 9 out of every 9 Flash tutorial authors, brilliant though they may be, have the nasty habit of placing code directly on buttons and movieclips*. Which, in my opinion, is the Flash equivalent of a table-based website. :|

Seriously... Typing buttonname_btn.onPress = function() { whatever you want done } is just better than placing all your code in the button itself... And about 100x easier to edit later if you have to change them all later. When will people learn?!