Rants *enter at own risk*

Jeez - took me a while to find this thread as it seems someone added an awful lot of spam.

I just learned (whilst travelling) that one of my cats has had a stroke.  I am so distraught!  She sounds really bad anbd I can't wait to get home to hug her.  Have no idea if she is going to survive.  She is the blind cat's companion and I don't know what he'll do if we have to put her down :(

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Jeez - took me a while to find this thread as it seems someone added an awful lot of spam.

That was a lot of spam, wasn't it? I'm sorry, I thought I got it all cleared out before anyone got online.

Sorry to hear about your feline friend.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thanks so much @Helen, @BBQ and @david.atwell - and I am glad to report that 'kitty' is recovering nicely from her stroke :)

I'll not be able to be on here and enter comps for a while.  I'm having to have my pancreas and spleen removed and recovery sounds lengthy.  I'll be back as soon as I can.

Keep up the great work everyone :smile:

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I hope your surgery goes well and that you recover just fine.

We're here for you! :)

Edited by DarkShock

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

My thoughts are with you Pixey! All the best for a quick recovery.

thsmiley_huggrouphuggle.gif

Thank you ALL so much for your very touching words and thoughts - you have really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside  hug.gif         

@WB -  I have to mirror your feelings about the NHS in a post you made recently .... I am receiving excellent care (and hubby and I are flown over from the island to Liverpool for the tests that have not been able to be done here) and I'll have a whole surgical 'team' working on me for 7 hours the day of the surgery (3rd December) at the Liverpool Royal Hospital.  I'll be in ICU for 3 days, and after that a couple of weeks in a regular ward before coming home.  Total recovery will be 6 months and I'll be left diabetic, and will have to take enzymes for the rest of my life ............... but I'm sure I can deal with that.  Luckily I am very fit and should recover well crutches.gif 

I too never knew a cat could recover from a stroke, but have now learned they can and they fare better than humans.  She is still a bit wobbly, but got her sight back within 2 days and she's now eating and grooming herself very well.  She's still on steroids and antibiotics.  Her companion - the blind cat - was more trouble than she was, as he walked around meowing for days on end.  Now they are cuddling again and all is blissfull silence once more :)

th_P1010161_zpsd3bfc10b.jpg   She is the one on the right.

Thanks again everyone - I consider you all Family now  smiley-greet016.gif   

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

That picture of your kitties is so cute Pixey :) I hope she makes a full recovery. I also would like to wish you the very best during your stay in the hospital and also wish you a speedy recovery when you get back home, it sounds like you have a lot to go through. I also look forward to your return here too  smiley-hug011.gif

swIFX9v.png

Pixey, the image of the cats is so heartwarming. 

You are a very strong person & you have a great support base from near & far - including us all here. I will keep in touch & hope that all goes well for yu on the day. Hugs & hugs & hugs!!

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks so much @Sasha, @BBQ and @Welshy cheekkiss.gif  

At least my kitty did not have to contend with this:  http://www.wimp.com/dogbeds/

30b8T8B.gif

It sems to me it's the dogs contending with the cats stealing their beds. :P

Good to hear your kitty is recovering. The two of them are so adorable cuddled together.

Best of luck with your surgery and recovery. I'll be thinking about you. (((hugs)))

Here's what my kitty has to contend with: (this is a rant on her behalf) :D

http://i.imgur.com/iM4YbvB.jpg

Edited by blackpenny

Aw, how cute is your puppy BP but I can see the mischievousness there.

Pixey, that was so funny! Thanks for sharing :D

My rant: hubby laughing at me because I am raving mad about the dogs digging a hole where I spent hours shovelling, raking, mattock work, crow barring & generally inflicting massive injury & insult to my poor aging body while boiling my brains out in the hot Aussie sun. Says he's going to put up safety barriers - smart alec!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

OMG! Are they serious?! How stupid! I know that we share the same views on the subject Welshy. That is just not on. 

Welshy, to top it off I was working in the garden & got bitten about 6-8 times just a tad below the (where Forrest Gump got shot) by evil green ants & it is giving me heaps. I cooked a great dinner...pain & all. Trouble with going on strike is that he is a good cook too :D Well, he did put up a curtain for me & filled in the hole, held me hand as I cried like a girl until the pain subsided. 

Man, I hope things get better for you <hug>

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

What a team we would make Welshy. I spent hours yesterday sitting on ice packs...still hurts, still have 10 days or so until it goes away. 

I'd love to live in Wales except I hate being cold. 

Love ginger beer too. Heck, I just love ginger...

We went for months without a drop of rain now when I have the stump grinders coming with heavy machinery my backyard is one big mud pie. Not a huge biggie compared to what some have had to endure. At least it is cooler today.

Bright spot: my boss loves me! Bought me a Karcher vacuum cleaner, being posted 700km...this is in response to 2 brooms going missing, 1 with a metal handle snapped in 2, 2 other vacuums rendered useless with missing parts. A coven of witches who are poor drivers???

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Snow already?! We are boiling to death here. Temps close to 40 deg C or 104ish F.

Yep, my boss is the most chauvinistic, racist person I know but he spares no-one. I guess that is fair. He is also quick to apologise & go in swinging for you if needed.

He doesn't mince his words either so I never have to hold back. 

We'd love to be able to do that Welshy but time & $$ are against us. We have saved the logs & it will be used to make things :D I am hoping we can pop out the stumps & not have to grind all of it. The stump is about a yard across. Huge. Tomorrow will tell.

My students are trying to kill me. Cake batter fudge, passionfruit cheesecake, licorice slice...I am diabetic! 

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

A not very major rant but -

The end of winamp. No more new versions. Such a shame, I have used it since I first got a computer, I don't like WMP. I will not install any (a)pple product on my PC

and media-monkey / BS players are not the same (even Aimp is lame in comparison) I will still use winamp and I hope the skins and plug in makers continue somewhere. Either on a blog or forum. 

Y7O8WRy.png

iTunes is a great media player with a good clean interface. It supports many audio files. Nowadays, music bought from the Store is mostly DRM-free, too. If you install it on several computers, you can easily share your library between them. It's quite heavy though, and synchronising the library with an iDevice is a pain in the toches.

Foobar is neat, simple and light-weight and does the job well. It has a very simple interface but it's customisable and there are numerous skins and plugins for it.

Rant: Mac/Windows, Apple/Others, iOS/Android and every other tech-debate there is. I get really angry because they are so pointless!! Why can't everyone see that there are pros and cons to both sides? And I don't understand why people care so much about what others use, why not focus on things you like if things others like make you so mad?

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to publish a new version of Clipwarp and a tutorial today - spent ages doing all the screenshots, uploading and getting the links right.

Now Imgur is broken! :(
Probably by Yahoo - who kindly messed up my email a few months back.
Photobucket broke a long time ago.

- If it carries on like this I will shut down the internet for everyone. :lightning:
Then you'll all have to go back to drawing with pencils, writing letters using a fountain pen and playing music on an instrument. :D

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg