^^I am on my 3rd washing machine - never bought one in my life!
(ones people wanted disposed of and latest one  - inherited)

I'm sure you have considered the following, but just in case.
And I'm certainly not wanting to belittle or cause offense but I do know about being skint! (I'm ok for the moment though).

1. What exactly has broken on the current one? - rule out the simple stuff first - loose electrical connections/fuses, blocked outlet impeller/hoses (hair and crud), duff motor (brushes worn?), blocked inlet hoses, bearings .etc etc. - is it viable to replace the broken part?
If it's the electronics then probably not.
There are washing machine manuals ('Haynes' in the uk) -  like you get for cars. I'm sure the internet has better options.
Think of it as a logical problem - possibly something worth 50c has broken  costing you  500 dollars.

If not ...

2. Second-hand machines often have years of life and zero value - all those rich people getting new kitchen fittings + all the house clearances of dead people. (careful you don't want a haunted one!).

Not a pleasant job to repair them, true, but very satisfying if you do.(don't put your back out moving it!)

Best of luck - If I am pointing out the obvious, forgive me - just trying to save you some hard earnt!

Rant: Vista - no 4 4 me.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I'm just not the "handy" type of person.

It goes through all the cycles, it just doesn't spin (or move, for that matter). So, I imagine it is the main drive belt? It is really old. So, I'd LIKE to get a front loader as a replacement.

I'm just bummed out because my car broke down last month and my reserve account is now empty.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Hey - you can write a decent chess program! - some things can be repaired, some things can't.

First stop - look for a way to clean the outlet impeller - if it can't drain it may not spin. Some have easy access, some don't have any access at all! - look for a way of removing, probably a front panel, to see something with a hose on each end and a motor (or drive) at the back - take it to bits and clean it (most likely a piece of wire blocking the impeller rotating) - easy thing to try first. (put a bucket under the removed hoses)

If it's the belt , take the back off and see if any belts are broken - if you can't narrow it down to one thing then it's probably more trouble than it's worth -  but always worth a look - you'll be dumping it anyway if it's broken. Just don't electrocute yourself trying! (or flood the kitchen). And don't overlook the obvious too - kinked outlet hose ? (longshot).

Sadly, not all things can be repaired and newer things are built to break - that's how they sell new ones.

Regarding cars - I'm amazed at the old banger I bought for £400, 6 years ago (150k miles on the clock) - it just keeps working and I (almost) never service it - Skoda - brilliant - better than any British car!!!

Anyway best of luck - but do have a go - it's a machine - you are human - you should win! (unless there's a midget hiding in the back, making the moves   ;) )

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

BB is not the "handy" type so we may have to go fix it for him :D

Mine screeches at me on the first empty cycle. We lube it & it is happy for a bit, then it goes again. It is a real pain to get to for lubing it so I have given up. I hope it gives up the ghost soon so I can get a front loader too. Trouble is I have 2 of these machines. 1 I inherited from my Mum. Having 2 machines on the go is great for flying through the washing on Saturday mornings. 

'

It has been screeching like this for about 4 years...really cannot complain too much. :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

My wife and I have year-old Samsung front loaders.  You're almost to the season where they get cheap.  :-)  Best Buy usually has a big sale leading up to Black Friday.

My mom and dad used to have a really old washer that would literally shake itself across the floor during the spin cycle.  Kind of terrifying.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Dear Amazon,

You've just released a new range of Kindles.  I want one.  Specifically the 7" Kindle Fire HD which looks truly excellent and most suitable to my needs.  However, you won't ship it to me because I live in New Zealand. STUPID STUPID Amazon!!

• I'm an author who published through you.
  • I've bought four Kindles and sent two of them to different corners of the world.

And yet you refuse to sell me one of these new puppies?

Wassup wid dat?  You want my business or not?

Actually I have it figured. The Kindle Fire HD is not available in NZ... yet. Seems Amazon didn't have their distribution sorted when they announced the new models. If I wait a couple of weeks I can order one normally. If this had been clearer I might have saved a rant :)

@Yusuf: You know both BoltBait & I are chess players right? :lol: I still think chess is a brilliant game. Stop playing machines and find a living opponent -you'll appreciate the difference.

@EER: If you'd like, I'd be happy to be your exporter here in the USA.

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

@EER: If you'd like, I'd be happy to be your exporter here in the USA.

Very kind of you to offer David!  I'll wait a few more days, as I think the release date said Oct 24th - do you think I can find it again??

I bet the music is sponsored by washing machine repairers :demon:

Yes, Welshy just another day in paradise...I'm getting tired of near misses from drivers with phones in their hands...I'm ok but I posted this on FB anyway. I am enraged that other think it is ok to risk my life! I'm not the only one, I know. 

At the lights 2 female drivers, opposite lanes, busy texting, I get a green arrow to turn right, they glance up & see green & decide that their car would look good crumpled into the side of mine. 

I'm ok if they want to kill themselves but do it alone - don't take hostages.

Let me ask you if that text or phone call:
1. Is it worth the inconvenience & cost of not having a car & paying the fine?
2. Is it worth a hospital stay, losing mobility or any other function?
3. Is it worth killing for & the jail time plus the guilt for killing someone?
4. Is it worth dying for?

Stupid drivers should not own phones!

• Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Rant: Friends growing up. Suddenly they all mated and started working and going to school. Now they rarely want to hang out. :(

I understand them; I'm not really up to partying til 4 am anymore either (definitely not), but it would still be nice to see each other more often.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Rant: Friends growing up. Suddenly they all mated and started working and going to school. Now they rarely want to hang out. :(

I understand them; I'm not really up to partying til 4 am anymore either (definitely not), but it would still be nice to see each other more often.

I hear you. Sometimes the only time I get to see some of my friends is if I go to their place. It's like they can't leave their house any more. >_>

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I forgot about daylight savings and ended up showing up for work at 3am instead of 4. I wasn't really annoyed that I was early....I could have had an extra hour of sleep. :/

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Welshy, how awful! Don't know what is worse...no kitchen...hope they turn up & work fast!

I'll bake a cake with a bit of iron in it, so go on a rampage instead of being poisoned :P

It has been a hellish week. So glad it is over. At least the funeral & wake for mother-in-law was beautiful if events like that could ever be described as such. 

Monday morning at work, door won't open, my job to get it fixed apparently. Deal with a new student that I had previously terminated for turning up stoned, uncompliant, & requesting I call an ambulance because she wasn't feeling well. Happy, happy Monday. 

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Welsh, wow that is terrible.

rant: ugh I decided I'd rather be late for school and wait for the raining to stop than arrive early but soaked – bad idea, it's raining harder and harder still... I should just bite the bullet.

also not sure if this should be a rant or a post in the Sanctuary but I forgot my canvas bag in the bike storage room on Saturday; I hung it behind me when I locked the bicycle. The bag had my camera, my wallet and my passport in it! Fortunately my mom texted me this morning that it was there, I got it and nothing was missing.
I'm really angry at myself for forgetting something so important and not remembering it at all.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Good to know that there are still some honest folk around, Kemaru.

Welshy, what a fiasco! We had an tax agent (he was local & just starting out) who after the first couple of years of reasonably good service decided that we were no longer a priority & I let him wait the same amount of months with the same excuses. 

Rang a company to fix the roller door at work...limited access to the building...apparently I cannot make an appointment to have the $2000.00 work done. 

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012