Well that makes 2 miserable old gits.  I've banned phones from the dinner table.  Weirdly the kids are never there much anymore

A classic from my son the other week when I asked why he wasn't watching a film with his friend on TV like he said he was going to be doing.  

His answer ... I am.  He's on headset ... 

C'mon.  Seriously

@Welsh and Drew: Okay. I have tons of minor annoyances. BUT, kids texting or just about anyone especially when they're around family members or with friends...ugh...that's really sad. People don't talk to each other any more. They're always on their phones and texting. What's so important to text 23 hours a day? 

Sure texting is bad when it gets out of control. But is it really something to be upset over when they choose to text over watching TV? At least they're communicating with someone while they text...

It really ticks me off when someone asks the same question when I just answered it. This doesn't only happen on forums, either (though it does happen lots more than it should). It's probably the main source of tension between my mom and me. "Are you done with your homework?" "Yes." "Are you done with your math homework?" "..." Really? I don't see any viable excuse for this, especially because her memory, hearing, etc. are flawless in all other circumstances.

It's even more annoying and, frankly, pathetic on a forum, though. Everything is typed out for the person to read, but they choose to ignore it, often more than once, and ask the same question again or start typing like nobody ever suggested that answer. It really makes you want to say something mean There's this life skill called "reading" you could probably reap benefits from... to them, but you know better because you're trying to be mature and professional about the problem. Fortunately, there's a rant thread where you can vent for a while where people don't mind because that's what rant threads are for.

Sure texting is bad when it gets out of control. But is it really something to be upset over when they choose to text over watching TV? At least they're communicating with someone while they text...

Ummm yeah when it spoils my enjoyment.  When they ask ... what happened then ... or wind it back .... worst of all ... Pause it for a minute

It's ignorant.  The same as when I'm at a concert or football match.  I don't want to see people's phone screens.  If you want to watch something through a screen buy the dvd.  

Me I'd rather soak up the atmosphere not peoples airwaves

I was going to say 3 old gits...

PDNNoob, text your Mum what you have done :P

Awful when your teacher (that'd be ME!) cannot tell the difference between an IPod & a phone! 

Me to a student: "Would you like some vaseline with that phone?" 

Student playing with phone: "Why would...oh!!" 

Problem over. 

Note to students; I don't mind you using your phone as a calculator but seriously NOBODY smiles when they are doing sums! :D 

Like it or not, we are a screen culture. As with everything, we do need to set limits. 

My kids grew up without mobile phones. (Makes me sound ever so old). Biggest issue was the TV on at dinner time. We banned it. Dinner was for family. The kids thought I was mean. Years later my daughter says that dinner times were one of the good things in her childhood because we could eat in peace & talk to each other about the day's events. Step-son who is a bit younger, nearly 18, likes to have dinner at the table with the TV off & napkins on the table. Bless his little cotton socks & all :D

I haven't got a downer on technology or progress ... just when it's used in an anti-social way.  Eg.  public events like music concerts and sporting events.

Some people adopt the "I'm alright Jack ... so sod you" attitude and don't care that their conversations/ ringtones/ waving their camera phones around spoils things for other people

I don't always mow the lawn, but when I do, I don't do it to shorten the grass.

I don't even have grass.

I mow to spread the weed to make the lawn look green.

A slight exaggeration, but more accurate than it should be...I hate summer :(

I love summer.  I don't ache so much - light nights - women - sunglasses so's I don't get slapped

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost every thumbnail in my gallery is useless.  Sodding photobucket

Can I be bothered to upload things I'm proud of to dA ?   Not much hwyl right now

School's over and I'm really getting bored at home since my work is 2½ hours of cleaning on a couple of mornings per week.

I've already watched all the episodes of my favourite series on netflix and I've watched about 20 films in a month. Argh I don't have money to buy any video games either so I can't really play anything either :D I realise now that this is a very odd thing to rant about: "Oh no I have too much free time."

She's fine with it.  It's the Devian Tart she's worried about. (DA - get it??  Oh well :( )

:evillaugh:

She weirdly is fine with it.  Not a jealous bone in her body ... although there's a twisted streak.  Like this morning.

Her "Read my messages on FacelessBook "

Me  "Okay.  h-a-p-p-y  a-n-n-i  ohhh s**t .  Sorrrryyyyy"

It would have been cheaper to remember ... 

For many years, I always got my parents birthdays mixed up. I thought Mum's was 8 June - nope it is 1 June & it is a date that always catches me by surprise. 

Poor Welshy. 

Is it too much to ask to get through 1 day without a drama?? Talking to one of my colleagues after getting the power restored & suddenly there is a huge bang. One of us swore or was that both? I had to drag my almost catatonic colleague out of the room. Scared her so much she didn't even go & have a cigarette as she usually does. I was concerned that we could see a fire. 8 weeks of aggravation & we the regulars are over the dramas. 2 more weeks to go & then sanity shall again prevail.

EER, ditto. Volunteering is the best thing I have done :D