Rant: My dad installed a security program on my computer that blocks the most stupid things, like YouTube. :c

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

It sux. I cannot get YouTube at work either. So much that my students could be learning. Worst part is my supervisor agrees with me. Other trainers with other organisations can have it. 

Xeri, can you ask him very nicely if he can let it through? You will no doubt have to show that you can be a responsible user :D

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

My OCD is killing me. I've clicked on every thread in the Grand Theory of Everything, but "Grand Theory of Everything" is still bold!! AAAUGH!

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

That sometimes happens if a thread gets moved. At top of every subforum to the left of Start New Topic is Mark this forum as read. There's also Mark Community Read at the bottom of every page.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I post invisible topics just to keep pdnnoob guessing ;)

At top of every subforum to the left of Start New Topic is Mark this forum as read.

Ah that fixed it. (darn you, EER :lol:)

@Kemaru I read "my mother is dying" and was about to post my condolences...I guess, with your current motherboard dying, you now have an excuse to buy something that will run paint.net even faster! :D

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Haha you are right, there is that angle :D My budget being 400€ I could hardly afford anything that would run Paint.NET fast, though. Besides, even though not having Paint.NET is one of the biggest disadvantages of Ubuntu (lack of proper Netflix is the second, and no Spotify is the third), I'm liking it too much to go back to Windows.

It seems like I'm ranting about this all the time, but why the <snip> am I not getting a job? Argh this is so frustrating, I'm going to be moving out soon (June) and I really need to be able to pay rent.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Not even ascii swearing.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

I've edited your rant.

Job:  Lower your expectations?  I know we would all like a perfect job, but it isn't going to happen in the real world.  You're going to end up doing something you (probably) detest.  It's the price you pay to have the rest of your life funded.

...I know we would all like a perfect job, but it isn't going to happen in the real world.  You're going to end up doing something you (probably) detest...

Some days like today you will wish you worked somewhere else or at least worked with different people. 

I love what I do & I love it every day. I do not love the people I work with & some days, like today - a whole lot less. It was a gut-wrenchingly horrible day but even in that there were a couple of bright spots. I hold on to those. 

My rant: two-faced people. Those snakes in the grass that take years to flush out because they masquerade as your best friend. There is something to be said for "Unfriending" on Facebook. Now to put that on my front door...

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Sorry about that EER. It didn't represent any word in particular but I get it.

I got a job at the cleaning company I mentioned in an off-topic post a while ago, so right now things are starting to work out at last.

Barbieq25: I'm sorry to hear about that. I've had some "friends" like that as well and still do.

Rant: I'm losing my fitness motivation :(

Edited by Kemaru

@Kemaru: Fitness isn't all about stressing how much weight, calories, or "baggage"  you lose. It's about having fun while trying to stay fit. For example, riding a bike through your town or even city or a nice park is already fitness (in a way). Remember, the less you think about it and do activities, the more you'll stay fit. 

For example, I don't like running, but I do like rope-climbing, riding bikes, jump roping, playing volleyball. Do flips, do some breakdance moves....these types of activities will give you more muscle and make you feel better. Do the things you enjoy.

If you don't want to go to the gym, don't go. I've never been to the gym and I'm as fit as I want to be. Fitness should be fun and not a stress bringer. :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I'm sorry hear that BB :(

Helen: thanks for your tips! I'm a runner myself and although my main point has been to improve my health, I really do enjoy it. Maybe I need to think of it more as something fun to do rather than something I have to do to be better.

@BoltBait: My heartfelt condolences to you and clan BoltBait. I understand how hard it can be. Sympathies.

I must not moderate the forum on my phone. I must not moderate the forum on my phone.

Speaking of which

Watching my daughter stressing out because she didn't realise the samsung galaxy s4 sim free she ordered needs a micro sim and now she's got to wait for one to come.  

Quite sad how much she depends on a phone and I'm sure both my kids couldn't cope if mobile phones suddenly stopped working.  Actually I think I'd have to include my wife in that too

It drives me mad when we're watching tv and they miss half a programme because their noses are stuck in small screens

• Upvote 1

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

:MoveLayerUp: What is scary about phone addiction is the amount of mothers with prams who have their noses glued to the screen, not taking any notice of other people (or worse) traffic movement. It is pretty sad when a phone is more important than their child's safety. My kids are just as bad. It has now got to the point where phones are banned at the meal table and when on family outings. Even people in bars and cafes can't go five minutes without logging onto face-ache-book or reading a tweet from someone they have never met. Technology is great, no doubt about it, but it's also taking away peoples ability to socially integrate without it. Sadly all mobiles are now just computers that happen to have a phone bolted onto it.

Perhaps I just have "grumpy old man" syndrome, but I use my mobile phone for what it's designed for - to phone people ( and perhaps the occasional photo) 

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png