AGJM, there will always be people out there with nothing better to do than come up with wacky conspiracy theories (Moon Landing deniers come immediately to mind).  For me, they're like the car alarm that everybody ignores: loud and obnoxious, but ultimately inconsequential.  

Edited by RedBeard

Also sort of mad that I don't have time to make anything in Paint.net right now.  One more week until Spring Break... When I may begin working at Chick-Fil-A.  I'm not flippin' burgers, man, I'm successful - I only fry chicken!  I think I'll enjoy working, though.  I'll be able to get out of the house some more, even if it is to clean public restrooms at a fast-food place.  

Yep.  Glad you got your money back Red.  There's only a couple of genres worse than thieving scum.

I've no problem with my son doing the 'walk of shame' after a night out ... proves he's a chip off the old block.  I do get a bit pissed when I have to drive 25 miles because he's got no money left. Just hoping he was better prepared last night ... 

... plus going to school with a hangover is not what he should be doing.

Priorities lad.

Edited by welshblue

Minor rant - well, more of an irritation, really: I'm in a musical, and I've never sung before. As in, never. Through sheer serendipity and dumb luck, I have managed to avoid singing a word in my entire life - don't ask how I got given the role, but I just know this will end quite badly. Time to practise, I guess!

Hey, remember when I posted this here a little while ago? Well, we had our fifth and final performance last night, and it actually ended up going really well - I actually had a member of the audience come up to me after the performance and compliment me, so that was lovely. I know this isn't a rant, but I just felt like updating my previous one.

minor rant: My dad waters and takes cares of my saplings and flowers for me... It is annoying, because I'd like to learn gardening and growing things and he sort of took over my hobby. Also, I detest it when others do things I haven't asked them to do for me, which makes living with my father (who likes to do pretty much everything for my brother and me) sort of unbearable at this point.

Well, at least I know they are in good hands.

Edited by Kemaru

minor rant: My dad waters and takes cares of my saplings and flowers for me... It is annoying, because I'd like to learn gardening and growing things and he sort of took over my hobby. Also, I detest it when others do things I haven't asked them to do for me, which makes living with my father (who likes to do pretty much everything for my brother and me) sort of unbearable at this point.

Ask if you could do it with him.  I doubt he would mind getting to do something with his son.

Your dad can come & live with me if you like. 

Those of you wishing for warmer weather...though we are opposite here, I do know what it is like waiting for the spring to spring :D

My rant: insecure people who have nothing better to do than to make nasty, rude comments about others from their physical appearance, perceived intellectual prowess or lack thereof, or superior work ethics. Feeling threatened to this degree probably warrants professional help. It most certainly constitutes workplace bullying & harassment. 

I am royally ticked off right now. I learned this morning that some people have been cheating in my physics class. So now, the grades for the first two exams are being annulled, and the final exam is going to be worth 65% of the entire course grade. The entire class is having to suffer because a bunch of inconsiderate prats decided to try to "beat the system". When are people going to realize that there are consequences for what they do? And that these consequences don't effect just them? I would love to know who they are. Boy, would they get an earful... smiley-angry037.gif

I am royally ticked off right now. I learned this morning that some people have been cheating in my physics class. So now, the grades for the first two exams are being annulled, and the final exam is going to be worth 65% of the entire course grade. The entire class is having to suffer because a bunch of inconsiderate prats decided to try to "beat the system". When are people going to realize that there are consequences for what they do? And that these consequences don't effect just them? I would love to know who they are. Boy, would they get an earful... smiley-angry037.gif

That sucks, Daniels!  It never ceases to amaze me the depths that some people will stoop to in order to get ahead.  

I know a guy tries to cheat off my tests in my physics class, but I haven't told the teacher because his grades are still horribly low. I just make sure to keep my multiple choice answers covered when we're testing...

In my last year of high school, a girl wanted to cheat from me. I told her no because I am very much against that kind of thing. She threatened me with physical violence from her older brothers. Nice girl. I could not tell the teachers. It was making me sick. On the exam I did the first page & then turned 2 pages, doing the second page last. Needless to say, she got many answers incorrect. :D She was pretty angry. Cheats never prosper.

Good on you PdnNoob. 

Pyro, that really sux! Paypal is horrible.

A craze that seems to be sweeping here right now. I swear I'm going to ram a loaf of bread down my son's throat if he carries on being so damned annoying and copying the idiot in this video

Edited by welshblue

Nevermind the loaf...length of timber springs to my mind. I'm sure (ok, well almost sure) that they were just playing around. 

Weather here is cold (for here at least 20 deg C) & raining. Hubby has promised to take me to the new hardware store. YAY! I love hardware, stationery & yarn stores. Oh & plant nurseries too.

A craze that seems to be sweeping here right now. I swear I'm going to ram a loaf of bread down my son's throat if he carries on being so damned annoying and copying the idiot in this video

If I ever had a kid like that, I swear I'd go get my wife a late abortion...might even provide it myself.