Nice to look at and play in for an hour.  But then it's a pain IMO

I really wouldn't like to have the -20 and dropping that Kemaru is living in.  Sod that.  It went down to -17 here 3 years ago and that was hibernation time

Has been snowing like hell for the last 2 hours.   There must be worst things you could use to wash the car ?

... on the plus side - a photograph my wife took this morning inspired me as I watch the snow fall down.  Plug-in's used:  ClipWarp Trail  DropShadow  Liquify  Sharpen+ 

th_clipartsnow.jpg

... every cloud and all that

I really wouldn't like to have the -20 and dropping that Kemaru is living in.  Sod that.  It went down to -17 here 3 years ago and that was hibernation time

If I said you get used to it after a while, I'd be lying. :D These temperatures don't last long, fortunately!

I keep on, well, hallucinating.  In a way.  I was watching TV for an hour, and there were about three or four times where I thought I saw a shady, black blur moving around parts of the house.  

But stuff like that is, apparently, one of the side effects of my medicine.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylphenidate#Long-term_effects

Not to self diagnose.  It was probably - more of definitely - from lack of sleep or the dark windows + lights from the TV.  I won't worry about it.  Don't worry, guys.  

The beer is for the guys & the coffee is for me. I don't drink unless it is some phenomenally expensive with calorie count to match, cocktail. Nobody ever offers to buy me a second one :D Rep'd & 111 posts too! :D

Drew Dale - that is real pretty as Welshy said but I wouldn't venture outside in weather like that for too long. I most certainly would not be washing a car!

Kemaru, that is jsut obscene. Anything less than 20C & I feel like an ice block. At that temp, I'd have to be on life-support. :D

Nice outcome Welshy. Definitely a silver lining!

We are sweltering! 85% humidity 40C & Sydney which is south of us by about 2000km has had temp in excess of 45C. 

Wind, Earth, Fire, Water, Snow and ................ Dead Fish?

I'm presently in sunny Florida and have just experienced my first Red Tide.  Thousands of dead, smelly, rotting fish and bad for the respiration too!  So ..... it's stay indoors and play with PDN :smile:

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/local/more-red-tide-washing-up-in-sarasota-county/article_2965b6ec-602a-11e2-9142-001a4bcf6878.html

Mine has gone AWOL. Sometimes I have to wonder why I feed him. t0115.gif

BP, the best remedy for man cold/flu is to take off for a week. Mind you if you go to stay with rellies, the cure is as bad as the malady :D

More seriously, studies have shown that men are less able to cope with the symptoms. 

:| Yeah sure. Imagine men having to give birth ;)

How difficult can that be ?  Laying there and screaming a bit ... 

sits back and waits for abuse ...

but after having sympathy contractions when my daughter was being born - no way I'd populate the world if I was female.  Not more than once anyways

• Upvote 1

:(

Ran out of wood. Had to buy a cord of oak that I couldn't afford.

And, the gas company red-tagged my hot water heater.

Now, I have no hot water until I can afford to replace the hot water heater.

Anyone want to donate $500 $810* to the "Buy BoltBait a Water Heater Fund"? :P

*Hmmm... better include more since I can not install it myself. I'm useless in such areas.

I seem to be getting sick - a low fever (99.1 - 99.8, varying over time, currently 99.3) and a bad cough.  Right before I go back into school.  
I managed to get my homework done, but then my cough started up. 

I'm going to try to go to school tomorrow.  

Why oak?  Sounds expensive!  We burn pine, gum & wattle

I only buy pine (none growing on the property).  It's relatively cheap to purchase.  Downside is that it burns fast.

Oak here burns very hot. Pine tends to gum up the chimney but then so do some of the other hard woods. Don't need a wood heater here & I'd be more than happy to donate at least 10 deg C!

BB, that sux man :(

Why oak?  Sounds expensive!  We burn pine, gum & wattle

£ for lb sometimes oak can be better value if the tonnage price is right.  Burns hotter and longer.  I miss an open fire now we've got gas CH but don't miss the hassle of cutting, splitting and waiting for it to season

That really does suck BB.  To be younger and no responsibilities as such

... if my numbers come up tonight ...