Didn't we do something like that already?

I better let this out.

I hate that annoying feeling I get when I'm working on a drawing. Said feeling is 'telling' me: 'Your work is worthless.' Not good at all. -.-

Here's the honest truth. Yes, there is bad art. However, what makes the difference is what you do with it. Handled correctly, your art will never be worthless. Ever.

Whenever I get that feeling, I change it to "I could have made this better by..." and see what happens from there. If it involves starting over, I start over. But don't ever stop at "this is bad."

The idea is to take what you have, find what's wrong with it, and learn from the error. As cliche as it is, take your lemons and make lemonade. Learn from you mistakes because mistakes are where the majority of the world's knowledge comes from.

As much as I hate that feeling myself, that's the only way I ever improve unless I learn from the products of other people's mistakes (tutorials).

Edited by pdnnoob
  • Upvote 3

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Agreed totally with pdnnob (can't Rep yet because I've reached my quota for the day ...)

And the person who took a gouge out of the rear bumper and rear quarter panel ... you're an idiot. 

That idiot is me

Edited by welshblue

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

I better let this out.

I hate that annoying feeling I get when I'm working on a drawing. Said feeling is 'telling' me: 'Your work is worthless.' Not good at all. -.-

There are very few here who have never had that feeling. So many times I have been reluctant to post an image & then when I do there are so many that just love it. Conversely, images that I thought were good, are not well received.

You know in the movies when they go, "take 36", "take 37" etc until they nail it? Well that, Beta0, is a mis-take. Nothing more than an opportunity to begin again more intelligently (to paraphrase Henry Ford). 

Next time you get that feeling, tell it to shut up & do better. Hey you are learning here, you are taking a risk, you're involved in a process, so buzz off. 

Welshy, that just sux! Don't ya just feel so sick?! I take it nobody but pride got injured?

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

There are very few here who have never had that feeling. So many times I have been reluctant to post an image & then when I do there are so many that just love it. Conversely, images that I thought were good, are not well received.

You know in the movies when they go, "take 36", "take 37" etc until they nail it? Well that, Beta0, is a mis-take. Nothing more than an opportunity to begin again more intelligently (to paraphrase Henry Ford). 

I think sometimes I am on take 100 with things I try to create :( I have many things not worth posting.

ZGEEsQd.png

Can you ask your Doc to prescribe something else ?  It's weird ... I was changed to the tablet you're on because of side effects with the previous one.  

But then again I've always been head shot so maybe it makes no difference to me 

It's back to trusting the docs and chemists ... I bet boltBait's family won't forget the scare they had

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

Just a little, petty rant that I'll be told I'm ungrateful because of, and be told something that should put my life in perspective because of, even though I actually managed to laugh at my little misfortune. 

You see, at my school, we have to clean our tables.  This week, someone that had a table was absent.  A teacher came over, read off the list of who had what table, and then asked if anyone volunteered.  Another kid volunteered, and I thought nothing of it besides, "Good for him."  Anyways, the teacher thanked him, and then brought out a lolipop and a certificate saying that he had been caught doing something good.  Something which I had forgotten about, completely, that our school does.  Anyways, the week before finals, on one of the days I was there, someone had been sick.  I had my own table to clean, but I volunteered to clean the second.   I was thankful for the thanks I got in return.  I just think it's funny that wasn't noticed.  It doesn't deserve a reward - it's just a minor thing - but I still thought it was sort of funny.  My luck tends to be like that.  

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

Rant: took me a day and a half to 'restore' my partners netbook after I installed Android (just for fun).  Android was completely cool!

Unfortunately, removing Android broke the bootloader and I had to resort to using an emergency boot disk usb drive and some DOS command line stuff to get it working again.  Dang.

I wonder if my neighbours would mind me starting up a chainsaw and cutting off my leg.  Not sure what's up with my knee but it hurts like a biatch. Can't straighten it without holding in a shriek.  The same for bending it or putting weight on it.  

4 am and I haven't slept a wink.  Just sweated from pain.

Sucks getting older.  I wish I was an android ...  :scanner:

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

@AGJM Honestly, I think you're right in recognizing that it really isn't a big deal.

I'm rather disappointed that any school would have such a system, though. Sure, kids are more likely to do something good if they have the motivation (ex: a lolipop), but that doesn't teach them the real point. You're supposed to do good, not because you get a reward for it, but because "it is more blessed to give than it is to receive."

That isn't to say people don't deserve rewards for doing good, but that a reward should not be expected. You've clearly figured that out, given your reaction, so kudos to you =) On the other hand, everyone that now volunteers to clean tables in hopes of getting a lolipop...they kinda missed it.

On the topic of cleaning tables...

I was sitting at a lunch table with some friends when they decided to go visit the next table over, leaving me happily munching. I finished my lunch and left to go finish some homework assignments before lunch period was over when I was suddenly stopped by the assistant principle. Apparently, a half-breed Asian kid sitting alone at a lunch table means trouble because he had been eying me the whole time (I was watching him too because adults...they always mean trouble :P). Anyhow, he told me to go back and throw away the trash strewn all over my table, so I did. Here's the deal, though: I bring my own lunch and dishes, and I take everything home every day. I don't even use the table--I hold my dishes while I eat (it's an Asian thing). Well, one of the guys noticed what happened and helped clean up. I got lectured some more, then went about my business as always.

What bothered me the most, however, was not that I had to clean up someone else's mess. I would have explained the above if that was the problem. What really ticked me off was how he treated me after I peacefully complied, as if I were a pouty 6-year-old. I gave no resistance, not even the slightest change in expression, yet his tone was like I stole a cookie just before dinner and had stewed in a time-out in the corner for a half hour and still didn't get it. That was the first time he had ever met me (I've never been sent to his office before), yet his first assumption was that I was one of "those kids."

Edited by pdnnoob

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo