Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Rant:
I was sick last week and have what I estimate to be around 10-12 hours of homework:

• Latin I CP
Homework due Tuesday - Workbook top of page 40 and all of page 41 (should take around 30 minutes) 
Homework - page 101 Write word and definition for A. (should take around 30 minutes)
Homework - Stage 7 Derivative Sheet (should take around 5 minutes)  
Study for Stage 6 test (will definitely take a while.  Around an hour +)
Homework - Decline Stage 7 nouns. (Around 30 minutes)

• Biology H
study all vocab (110 words - will take around an hour, maybe an hour and a half)

• English 9 H
Get The Hound of the Baskervilles by: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (should take 30 seconds to ask my parents to get it)
Vocab Book Unit 2, 3, & 4 (will likely take around an hour)

• Geometry H
3 worksheets given out in class (I don't have these yet)
pg 429 investigation 1-5 (essay questions, in math.  It will likely take around 45 minutes, maybe 10 or 15 if it isn't difficult, obviously) 
Pg 388 #1-35 due Friday. (should take around an hour)

• Anc World History H
Study for Ch 6 test (At least an hour, most likely - I need to do this by tomorrow)
Ch. 7 map and Timeline (At least an hour.  Last time it took me two hours just for the timeline, to make it readable)
Current Event Ch. 7 (around 15 minutes to two hours, depending on whether or not any recent archaeological discoveries have been made on the Native Americans in a way that can be related to any one paragraph in my history checkbook - and I'll remember to put the date as "11 November 2012" this time)

If my estimations are correct, that's around 7 hours of homework.  

I'm not complaining about having to do the work, I'm complaining about the timing of it.  Right now, I also have a Latin project that will take at least three hours, a Bible project that I think I should be able to do in class, and I need to study for midterms that are next week - and catch up on last week's material at the same time. On top of that all, I'm still exhausted from being sick (so I'm not going to be able to make it until 11:00 to do this all tonight) and I'm also missing out on watching Christmas movies with the family.  

Edit:
I think the top result might do.

On a lighter note, and just a note:
A: I've got some good post rock to listen to, thanks to someone in the music thread a while back.
B: I'm not terribly upset, just frustrated.  And unable to focus.  
C: I just learned that I'm missing out on my favorite weather in Florida, thanks to this image a friend shared on FaceBook:
Warning - may be larger than 800x800

Edit 2: Removed an off-mark sentence there that I decided was distasteful and wasn't needed.

Edit 3: Writing this and "Edit 2: ..."

Edit 4: It took me a solid hour and ten minutes of work to complete less than half of the math homework.  Then I realized that the rest of the class had been given the full week to get it done - it was assigned Monday and due Friday - so I quit.  I'm doing my current event, then studying for History, and then doing as much more as I can.  I'm exhausted, I keep getting headaches, and I can't focus.  I hate this - I couldn't have been sick at a more inconvenient time.  And I still can't breathe right, and I want to shoot myself because I know I won't be able to get all of this done.  
Edited by AGJM

Pyro does work hard to keep things humming along & we (myself included) often overlook this. Must be so frustrating to fix one thing only to have another one bomb out. 

Overly agressive indeed & it is really funny to a point.

Welshy, you still have the Fans Gallery, perhaps you could do a copy & paste? 

Thanks admins & mods for the work you do behind the scenes to keep this place humming along. 

Pyrochild really gets the 'reps' for maintaining the forum & sorting out problems (I suspect most are mine). He worked hard trying to restore the missing function before upgrading to 3.4.0.

Rep'd

Ditto!

Just looked back too...Welshy, I don't drink wine - cook with it. Now that reminds me of chicken fricasee which I have not had in like 5 years or so...

I like cocktails...anything decadently creamy does it for me. I can never be accused of being cheap :D:P

• Upvote 1

took me a while to work out what had been censored :lol:

i must admit to not being a wine lover myself.  belgian or dutch lager for me everytime,  or jamaican red stripe.

fans ... i really, really must get my < no swearing > into gear there - buttons to replace is one

took me a while to work out what had been censored :lol:

i must admit to not being a wine lover myself.  belgian or dutch lager for me everytime,  or jamaican red stripe.

fans ... i really, really must get my < no swearing > into gear there - buttons to replace is one

How did that not get censored?

Anyways, I'm currently procrastinating.  I'm mad at myself.  I need to get to work.  But hey, more time writing means I could be an author someday.  Yeah, totally...  

I've actually considered it a few times, and written a few things.  I always read them in a child's voice, though, and then consider them immature or unrealistic.  Then I delete them.  Sort of the effect given when you see a PG13 or R rated movie and see children in the theater - you see it from their point of view, and everything seems cheesier.  If you've ever done that.

How did that not get censored?

I turned off that particular filter, as it was making quite a few posts hard to understand. I trust you guys to not abuse your new freedom.

I think that little addition is great. More valuable than the Warning points :lol:

... the rebel inside of me really wanted one of them ... 

• Upvote 1

Doughty's comment made me smile :)

Welshy's comment made me laugh coz secretly I think I agree with him.

Oh right - rant thread not laughing my head off...bad day, don't want to talk about it. :D

The forum equivalent of a tattoo? :lol:

yeahhh

... which one of the mods and admins have I hacked off sooo much over the years that they want to brand me ?

A word of advice to anyone prescribed Metronidazole antibiotics ... do not drink alcohol for at least 48 hours after finishing the course.  I did not have a good night.   Tachycardia with a pulse rate of 110, breathless, dis-orientated, freezing cold and sweats at the same time ... so so very glad to see this morning 

... sorry to disappoint anyone :lol: :lol:

A: I've been sick for 12 days.  I've missed 7 school days.  I have been given 2 days, so far, to make all of that up.  I have this weekend and three more days to make up all of my tests, finish all of my end-of-quarter projects, study for all of my finals, and make up any miscellaneous items that I haven't finished yet.  And I haven't been given all of the materials or been in class to go over everything on the finals or on the tests and quizzes.  The quarter ends this Wednesday, and I don't think I'll have time to finish everything.

B: 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/nyregion/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school.html?_r=0

Thanks to IPS, the profanity filter seems to be working correctly.

No thanks to IPS, the [ thumb ] tag is also now working. Note that there may be residual issues with other BBCodes. I recommend always using the Preview button before saving changes to large posts like galleries.

People with galleries that were broken by the mishap, unfortunately will probably have to manually fix the formatting or start from scratch.

• Upvote 1

Remind me not to make any changes to mine, for the moment...  

Anyways, I'm trying to finish a project for school at the moment.  I think taking some medicine would help.  

I got an email from MoveOn.org petitioning for gun control in the wake of the shooting in Connecticut.  Those poor kids aren't even cold yet, and these political twits are using this tragedy to push their anti-gun agendas.  Makes me sick.

Then, there are the religious nuts shouting about how this would not have happened if we had not "taken God out of our public schools".  Really?  Because I can point them to a few stories of similar tragedies occurring in churches in recent history that would seem to disprove that notion.  

Let the families grieve and stop using their losses to try to force your own agenda on the rest of us.

Edited by RedBeard
  • Upvote 2

I edited my gallery ... went to full editor ... previewed post and all thumbs are back up.

Edit OK some thumbs are no longer clickable.  But Pyro' did say something about residual issues

Oh well it needed a sort out anyways ...    Sorted.  That took freaking hours.  Not sure if I'm dedicated or just plain sad ... 

@ RedB' ... maybe I'm totally wrong but it seems as if lobbyists for whatever cause use other peoples tragedy to get their points across.  How much regard there is for victims I dunno.  Or am I too cynical ... 

Not sure about the religion thing ... some would say if there was it wouldn't happen ... but enough wars have been fought over that so I'm not even going to go there

Edited by welshblue